Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: General Modificiations Discussion

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Default General Modificiations Discussion

I love playing M&B, obviously, however, looking at this mod thread, everything is so jumbled and unorganized...
    So, I wanted to ask if a mod exists that supplies the following:

-New Map * Optional
    -More Weapons * Optional
    -Being able to access your inventory in sieges
    -Better gameplay *Optional

Any mod? Or any combination?

Also, if you can, please tell me what mods you have in your computer, and what do they do?

Any help is appreciated!
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Default Re: Help! What Mod?

It's always difficult to suggest a mod since there are so many, and it's often a matter of personal taste.
    Like, should it be medieval, modern, futuristic, fantasy, historical etc.

Anyway, I suggest starting with some well tested mods that are not too far from native:

Lords and Realms - with improved sieges, more ladders (but it's still the same map):
    http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/...cid=1&lid=1063

Eagle and the Radiant Cross - beautifully made with many new items and firearms:
    http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/...?cid=1&lid=568

Europe 1200 - huge map of Europe with 16 factions:
    http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/...cid=1&lid=1219

Overlord - just a personal favorite, with interesting map and many gameplay improvements:
    http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/...cid=7&lid=1374

Just look around and you'll probably find some that are more appealing to you.

Personally I play Gangs of Glasgow, Wedding Dance and SAVAGE (my own mod ) at the moment.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Thank you, very much.
    I'll be sure to try these ASAP.
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

You may have problems with Gangs Of Glasgow.

my sucky mod only contains one of those features, though if you really want a bashful of knights to be in your army you should check it out. Crusader-Byzantine Glory.

Any mods you guys can recommend that you can be/are a king in?

Icon11 Re: Help! What Mod?

There are quite a few that allow you to found your own Kingdom and include management aspects (building menus for fiefs, founding Chivalric Orders etc).

I am currently playing Prophecy of Pendor http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,119.0.html this is considerably harder than Native, but highly recommended...

Native Expansion is worth a look http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,109.0.html

Custom Settlements is a quite radical shift in game style/play.

Check the available mods (current and past M&B versions) at http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/board,63.0.html

The Battle siize changer is a must if you dont have it and the MageLords tweaks are very useful for Native (may break mods though....) TEARC with guns is great fun, The Eagle and the Wolves is a nice Dark Age mod set in the UK and Ireland. The hardcode does prevent radical changes and has a few strange limts, but maybe the upcoming Warband will address some of these.

I have played the Native version, and now I'am trying the Southern Realms mod. Is pretty good, is the one that has naval battles, but it is quite buggy and I would like a mod that adds more types of armour and weapons, and new heroes (with new histories). What mod do you recommend me? do you think Southern Realms is one of the best or a average mod?

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    I have played the Native version, and now I'am trying the Southern Realms mod. Is pretty good, is the one that has naval battles, but it is quite buggy and I would like a mod that adds more types of armour and weapons, and new heroes (with new histories). What mod do you recommend me? do you think Southern Realms is one of the best or a average mod?
    You should try Prophesy of Pendor. It's amazing.
    Prophesy of Pendor is pretty much an expansion of Native, a new map and all that, and you can be king, MANY new armors and weapons (Horses too) and a much better campaign in my eyes.

sorry for thread jacking but is there any good crusader mods for latest version?

There is one... I forgot its name though...

Thank you, Nazgul. That will be the next mod I will try.

Quote Originally Posted by Battletoads View Post
    sorry for thread jacking but is there any good crusader mods for latest version?
    There's one called Five Kingdoms: Crusades
    http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1301

Many mods about the crusades have been underway but have shipwrecked...
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

thatguy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgūl Killer View Post
    Any mods you guys can recommend that you can be/are a king in?

The single greatest mod for being a King is without a doubt Sword of Damocles.

Heres a hint, the Antarians are absolute demons in close combat.

http://www.battledebate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    I just got 9 inches.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Battletoads View Post
    It's not out yet, but this one will rock: http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.p...c,67375.0.html

Credit goes to someone on these boards (I forget who! ) for showing me this one first.

Indefinitely Banned

Anyone know if there's any good barbarian themed ones? Like, a Bronze age type mod, even a Roman themed one would be cool. Any tips would be nice

Hegemony Mod, oh and when hegemoney 268 comes out get it.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Samen The Great View Post
    Hegemony Mod, oh and when hegemoney 268 comes out get it.
    Ah, that looks good will definitely check it out. I have been playing one called Britain at War, it's very good, it's really funny running around my city
    Betrayal at Calradia 0.2 is awesome too, it is based on my fave books so that is pleasing too.

I have finished playing Prophesy of Pendor, and I'am now searching a new mod, but they all seem too vanilla. Somebody knows about a good mod, that changes the heroes, map, some dialogues and it is not awfully buggy?

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    I have finished playing Prophesy of Pendor, and I'am now searching a new mod, but they all seem too vanilla. Somebody knows about a good mod, that changes the heroes, map, some dialogues and it is not awfully buggy?
    Good luck finding one.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast