Thread: How to delete an army, or move it?

Default How to delete an army, or move it?

I'm playing around with the startpos.esf file, adding regions to my favorite faction. I added selessia to Prussia, and the regions is loading up in a new campaign, I do have FOW covering it but moving troops there solves that, however Austria has units in the territory, and I've tried a few things to get rid of them. First I went the easy rout and just tried to delete the units entry in army array, and CTD on campaign map load, so I looked up an Austria regions id, and tried to put that id in the army's settlement id, but the army is still there, and it's behaving like Austria still owns the province, i.e. usual campaign behavior, moving to my former boarder, then it moved back near the city, and just sits there.

What do I have to do, to either delete the unit, or move it to Austria?

Default Re: How to delete an army, or move it?

To move an army, find the colonel/general in the faction's character array. Under locomotable, the first two rows are x,y coordinates. Edit those and the army will move.

To delete the army, download alpaca's esf research tool in the startpos thread in the tutorial forum. Search for the unit ids and delete all instances. Do the same for the colonel/general. Don't forget to get the 4 digit ids in cai_world unit and character arrays and delete those too. Obviously, moving the army is much easier.

Ah, thanks, another problem I ran into was when I changed the regions owners on the map, They appeared as part of my territory, yet it appeared the AI was still recruiting from the towns, units would appear on map, outside the cities, and my treasury would be deducted accordingly. I followed this guide...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242764

Can this be done for existing armies in a save game cause the ottomans have so many small armies in a region it freezes the campaign map?