Thread: Be Honest: Did they intend for us to play as Rome?

Default Be Honest: Did they intend for us to play as Rome?

I figure that since the mod is called Rome, then that means they spent the most time and attention on the Rome faction.

Does this mean that in order to get the full effect of the mod, I should play as Rome?

I don't want to play a faction that didn't get any TLC.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Be Honest: Did they intend for us to play as Rome?

If anything, they make it so hard on the Roman faction that they don't want you to play as rome lol

But seriously, ALL factons get TLC. Trust me.

Nicator's Avatar Libertus

It depends, are you talking about RS 1.5 or RS 2?
    Because in 1.5 the Romans definitely received the most attention with their unique legions and many auxilia, their unique buildings and reforms etc. whereas the other factions only have their small, fixed, in many cases very similar unit rosters and building trees.
    The other factions are, of course, still very much playable and enjoyable, but there is a great schism between 'the Romans' and 'the rest' when it comes to attention to detail and amount of content.

RS 2 is a completely different matter alltogether. Rome keeps it's extra content and even gets much more in spades, but so does every one else. It's been said several times by the team that it's a major point for them to make RS 2 equally fun/difficult/complex for each of the factions.
    Deeply lost in the night. Just as one sometimes lowers one’s head to reflect, thus to be utterly lost in the night. All around people are asleep. Its just play-acting, an innocent self- deception, that they sleep in houses, in safe beds, under a safe roof, stretched out or curled up on mattresses, in sheets, under blankets; in reality they have flocked together as they had once upon a time and again later in a deserted region, a camp in the open, a countless number of men, an army, a people, under a cold sky on cold earth, collapsed where once they had stood, forehead pressed on the arm, face to the ground, breathing quietly. And you are watching, are one of the watchmen, you find the next one by brandishing a burning stick from the brushwood pile beside you. Why are you watching? Someone must watch, it is said. Someone must be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicator View Post
    It depends, are you talking about RS 1.5 or RS 2?
    Because in 1.5 the Romans definitely received the most attention with their unique legions and many auxilia, their unique buildings and reforms etc. whereas the other factions only have their small, fixed, in many cases very similar unit rosters and building trees.
    The other factions are, of course, still very much playable and enjoyable, but there is a great schism between 'the Romans' and 'the rest' when it comes to attention to detail and amount of content.

RS 2 is a completely different matter alltogether. Rome keeps it's extra content and even gets much more in spades, but so does every one else. It's been said several times by the team that it's a major point for them to make RS 2 equally fun/difficult/complex for each of the factions.
    Yes, I was talking about 1.5. So my suspicions are correct, then. Hmm...guess I'll just wait until 2.

The thing is most mods seem to focus only on a select few factions. I understand why this happens (limited modders=limited time=choices have to be made), and I don't blame modders.

It's just that sometimes you want more choices, you know.

I'm looking forward to RS 2

Medieval American's Avatar Decanus

RS 1.5c is totally worth the trouble eventhough the game might not have everything you want just yet. If you have even a slight interest in the time period you sould surly try this mod! RS 1.5c is what Rome Total War should have been straight out of the box. Don't miss out on something great...

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

There are still sufficient factions in RS1.5 to give them a try. Maybe, they don't have the sheer volume of different units that Rome has but they have a decent unit roster. Try (in no particular order) Carthage, Syracuse, Pergamum and the Gauls.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Iberians too - one of the factions that got a reskin before we started work on RS2

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Isn't Gaul just as modded as Rome in RS1.5c? I think I read that somewhere.
    I like pie.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

All factions are heavily different from RS1.5 in units and buildings. RS2 is just much more 'involved' economically with a lot of effort to make it more interesting and challenging.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

it feels like it a little bit, playing other factions it seems like the unit design of Rome received the most care but still factions like Greece, Macedon, Pargamum, get really nice upgrades from vanilla game so that they're not just armies full of pike wielders.

PurPul's Avatar Tiro

Trust me. You do not want to miss out on 1.5. RS2 will not be out for ~3 months, and 1.5 still has incredible faction variety.