Thread: Display Fix?

Imperator Romani's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Display Fix?

I will gladly download this mod if someone will tell me how to. Never downloaded one, but this one looks great.

Default Re: Campaign Map Screen Shot?

Quote Originally Posted by PureInfantryWins View Post
    I will gladly download this mod if someone will tell me how to. Never downloaded one, but this one looks great.
    It's easy enough, just follow the links in my sig. Download both part 1 and 2, install part 1 making sure the install path is the same as your kingdoms expansion's, then install part 2. Apply the display fix, if this is your first kingdoms mod. Then run the game using the new shortcut.
    Last edited by Eothese; July 19, 2009 at 07:57 AM.

Imperator Romani's Avatar Campidoctor

Understand all but the display fix.

Ignore my instructions, I tried to do explain from memory instead of checking!

Also, might I say that the new world invasion definitely caught me by surprise. I had just started a war with the Aztecs on the previous turn! It was quite a daring last stand, but I fought off the Portugese army with only a half stack
    Last edited by LionheartDamacy; July 19, 2009 at 03:22 PM.

That looks much more complicated than what I did, which was intall the mod into where the installer automatically installs it into.

#BubbleBoy, this is about the display fix, not installing the mod.
    #PureInfantryWins, its really quite simple. Any mod for Kingdoms requires that 3 files are present in the UI folder in the main data folder of the Vanilla game. If you have your Vanilla data files unpacked there is no need to use the display fix. If not then I have provided the 3 files for you to manually copy into the main data/ui folder.

Quote Originally Posted by LionheartDamacy View Post
    That stumped me for a short while too, as this is also my first installed mod. But you basically do just what it says; navigate to the mod folder (by default "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\expanded_americas3" ). Click once on the data folder, without opening it, and select copy. Then navigate to "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War" and right click, then select paste. There is already a data folder there so you'll be adding all the mod stuff to the original data folder, if that makes sense.
    Actually the correct folder to copy from by default is; C: Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\expanded_americas3\display\data\ui

Then navigate to C: Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui and paste into here.

If you copy the data folder in the expanded_americas3 folder and paste it into your Vanilla folder, your in for a world of problems.

I can't see why this causes so many problems, as it is referenced to multiple times, do people not read installation notes or ReadMe's? Or the big bold word's in the main thread?
    Last edited by Eothese; July 19, 2009 at 07:46 AM.

Default Re: Display Fix?

Oh, my mistake! That's actually what I did, I just remembered wrong. Oops