Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD 1.7 Updated on 20/02/2010.WORKING WITH PATCH 4

Default Re: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD ---new version 1.2 released---New units trailer

Your probably right... But what I really came here to say was that I just now noticed that since the game starts at 1789, all of the ministers, generals , admirals and agents are like 120-150 years old! So in the few first turns, all of them will die. i played with France without noticing that everyone was so old, and then in the fifth turn, 10 of them died at the same time and I though it was strange... but then when I played with Sweden, when I was changing my ministers I saw that everyone was old and the rest of the characters are 19 years like one of my generals and the king. just a problem I noticed, hopefully there is some way to fix it. Great work otherwise!
    Last edited by sswetzen; September 05, 2009 at 03:25 PM.

Overall one of the best mods I've seen, great feel to it, I have a few bugaboos that aren't bad, but if they were fixed I think this would easily be the most popular E:TW mod out there:

• Fix the Firelock Citizens, they seem to have 2 different textures that change depending on what angle they are at, they also have the wrong animation when firing, instead of using their pistol they still load an imaginary rifle and then at the last minute pull out a pistol to fire
    • Fix the Characters around the map, they are all horrendously old and you cant even do anything really before they die
    • Add a little variance to the music, there is a plethora of different music out there for this timeframe, I would love to be marching with the French against the British and hear the Marche Du Garde, or vice versa and hear A British Soldier, it would give a lot of nostalgia

blonkers1234's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
    I plan to add real person in the next update : napoleon, wellington, ney, bernadotte.....
    Try to use normal shader and u will see the difference i dunno why its so different.

Dont expect Napoleon total war like an ultimate game. It will be a new game, not an addon, cost 50$ and it will be probably more bugged than ETW. Nobody can build a new game in 6 months time, especially when you need 1 month to release an ETW patch fixing a couple of things. Remember the crisis, Sega want only your money.
    im preety sure theres a extra team of people working on napoleon,also preety sure it was started before empire was released and works on empires engine so it takes alot less time.

Civis

Hey all,

I think this Mod is awesome, there are a few questions i would like to ask ONEMANSHOW or anyone who may have the answers ...

1) Whens the next release?
    2) Whats gonna be in the next release?
    3) Has anyone managed to get the music faction specific yet? only because theres one where someone created a new unit with the music attached to that specific unit rather than them all.
    4)What fixes have you fixed from the initial release of the first one?
    5) Keep up the good work this is gonna go far

Respect and Rep ++

Regards

Napoleon

please make the Uniforms from the Artillery Napoleonic
    and when it goes the Uniforms better from the Units

that will be great
    Leben und Leben lassen

//sorry for my bad english//

Respect for this good mod .
    Gladly i saw some belgian units .
    continue and nowone will buy NTW

Very nice mod, thanks my friend...

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

New version?
    Downlaoding!!
    REP

Anyone can tell me if the last version is better with low morale ? is it cool, more realistic or not ?
    Try the Napoleonic Mod for ETW

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Once my ETW is fixed (basically re-downloaded and mod re-installed) I will give feedback on the new morale (I'm very excited about this, because its sounds much more realistic and NTW2 feeling).

Formerly Vuvuzela

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I have done some testing and do not feel that in most cases the morale is really much different than it as previously.I see some instances(such as when the enemy is fully encircled or flanked by superior units)where the lower morale shows,but I almost feel there are perhaps some parameters in place that stop the domino effect of routing troops that should and could be occuring.is there some sort of buffs in place that are morale stabilisers that are perhaps negating the newly implemented morale parameters???

Edit:so i did a bit more testing and find that in many circumstances where the new morale takes effect upon the enemy lines they will rout when things are going badly but then reform when they see the tide of the battle starting to sway in their direction(for example if one of my units are routed,or the cavalry comes up from the rear to join the fray)this seems to give them the little push they need to regroup and press on,which I like
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; September 09, 2009 at 12:27 PM.

oms, u have to work to create a game less arcade, all the players are going to play MC mod, and this is a mod with great potential but if u don't try to insert the stats of ntw2 and a good balancing, this mod will be only played in sp until ntw will be released, then ur mod will die.

what u means with stats of ntw2 ? less arcade ? i dont think the campaign is arcade style ?
    Try the Napoleonic Mod for ETW

there will be alway critism (ment good and worse )
    So i don't shoot someone !
    I and (i think reading this forums ) a lot of people love the mod .
    Off coure if i can improve with advices
    so the better .
    Keep it on

I mean tath the multiplayer it's arcade game, if u import te stats of ntw2 u will increse the users tath will download it, u will also gain a lot of users tath now are playing MC mod, tath is impossible to play, it's like a replay, it's noobish and slowly. I want also to tell u tath this mod could be our NTW3, but the gameplay is 2 much arcade in mp,

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I wouldnt go as far as to say it is arcade,but there could be a little bit more logistic as far as the battle ebb and flow and how the weapons are used and their potency in conflict,but as it stands it is still a quiete pleasing experience

VVILHELM DUX's Avatar Tiro

I Love it. Most played mod I use. If I havnt already +rep.

One question on new 1.2, is it save game compatable with a campaign started with 1.1?

PS if you want to see some 1.1 in action check my AAR for Prussia
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=294026

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Suggestion here, I think you should make more units for Denmark. They were important and are fun to play as (with a little esf editing), but very limited roster.

Formerly Vuvuzela

I'm sure its been said before but new artillary skins please.

New pics of new campaign with OMS_Napoleon 1.2 as France.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...88#post5948588
    Last edited by VVILHELM DUX; September 12, 2009 at 03:40 PM.

And some more of 1.2, late units including, Empirial Guard.. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...63#post5954263