Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD 1.7 Updated on 20/02/2010.WORKING WITH PATCH 4

Default Re: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD ---new version 1.1 released---

Installers ready. I have a alpha where I'm working on stats, fatigue, morale, costs and company, the other is OSM 1.1 + smoke, blood and no tracers. When I can speak with oms I will post the 2 packets.

Until we wait, I have uploaded the 1.1 + smoke blood and no tracer pack, now there will be no more problems for the installation, mp now is playable and, compatible with all map pack and mod manager =)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9IZ2UE59

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Cappone View Post
    Installers ready. I have a alpha where I'm working on stats, fatigue, morale, costs and company, the other is OSM 1.1 + smoke, blood and no tracers. When I can speak with oms I will post the 2 packets.

Until we wait, I have uploaded the 1.1 + smoke blood and no tracer pack, now there will be no more problems for the installation, mp now is playable and, compatible with all map pack and mod manager =)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9IZ2UE59
    anyone tried this pack ? I have no musket sounds, smoke make my computer laggy and all multiplayer games are still red. can u confirm/infirm that ?
    Try the Napoleonic Mod for ETW

blonkers1234's Avatar Senator

Would be possible to add the battle of waterloo a a historical battle or just a map to use in costum?(Could work with lordz help)

one man show, I think tath is a èprblem of ur vga the smoke.

I have done other oline game with my mate this afternoon, if u don't trust em, I send u a screen.

Hey OneManShow... Is this mod compatible with say.. EireEmpire's cannons mod?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=283102

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

so then upon further play I have swept a wave of fire across the United provinces at the head of the still unconquered Grand Armee and have found the unit composition o the enemy armies to be very good indeed,giving me many a close run thing right from the start as battles rage across the borders.the ai has been doing a very good job of recruiting and replenishing as well as researching the proper techs to allow themselves a fighting chance upon the field and upping the capabilities of the minor nations has done very well to provide a thorough challenge rather than the steam roll effect previously seen.The units never cease to amaze me having as close a correlation to their historical counterpart as is allowed without the usage of a model convertor and even the minor nations sport some rather striking units.simply put it is of my opinion this is the most important mod released for Empire to date and it has really raised the bar as to what can and should be done with this excellent game engine.Bravo indeed sir,and i look forward with anticipation to the further updates that I am hoping you have planned.

Edit:I feel that perhaps you should though look into the morale of the various units for I feel that many of them must suffer far too many casualties before they break,breaking with the well noted realisation that generals of the time were loathe to allow their entire armies to be destroyed i the course of a single afternoon,and the sight of thousands of fleeing men across the field was more often times the finale of a battle rather than fighting to the last man in the last stand.I suggest slightly lowering morale and looking to adding effects that impact morale(the loss of a general,heavy cavalry flanking maneuvers etc.)

Edit:you may have covered this before but is there any chance of reskins for the artillery in future updates??their vanilla appearance throws me off at times
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; August 04, 2009 at 02:22 AM.

I'm rebalancing and introducing new art. when oms will contact me for a thyng, i will releae it. and i will relase a patcgh where i have one a gamepay and stats of the great ntw2

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Cappone View Post
    I'm rebalancing and introducing new art. when oms will contact me for a thyng, i will releae it. and i will relase a patcgh where i have one a gamepay and stats of the great ntw2
    I look forward to seeing what it is that you have changed and putting the new balances to the test

From the ReadMe file:

WINDOWS VISTA INSTALL
    ----------------------
    "go to your C:/users/"My Name"/AppsData/Roaming/TheCreativeAssembly/Empire/Scripts folder, and copy the user.empire_script.txt file containing in this archive."

I have windows vista, sorry to say, and I can not find this folder anywhere. Are you sure this is correct?

I can not figure out where to put the user.empire_script.txt file and the game crashes no matter what I try. I performed a custom install and did not use the default directory. There is no "script" folder anywhere in my Empire:Total War install. Where should the file go?
    Last edited by DrakeRH; August 03, 2009 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRH View Post
    From the ReadMe file:

WINDOWS VISTA INSTALL
    ----------------------
    "go to your C:/users/"My Name"/AppsData/Roaming/TheCreativeAssembly/Empire/Scripts folder, and copy the user.empire_script.txt file containing in this archive."

I have windows vista, sorry to say, and I can not find this folder anywhere. Are you sure this is correct?

I can not figure out where to put the user.empire_script.txt file and the game crashes no matter what I try. I performed a custom install and did not use the default directory. There is no "script" folder anywhere in my Empire:Total War install. Where should the file go?
    Script folder is hidden under vista, you need to activate the option who enable you to see hidden files & folders.

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

I must say, this new version is spectacular. The AOR system is awesome. It adds a depth of realism when you can compliment your armies with foreign troops. I also agree with Chevalier IX on the morale, it is too high. When outnumbered and weakened, enemies should rout when faced with a charge instead of holding their ground while wavering.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Thanks OMS, I had not thought to "unhide" my files.

I have another question, since this is my first attempt to install and play a mod.

I want to use the late game start mod along with your mod. Both mods have two files to be installed in the Data folder, a script file and a start position file.

How exactly do I add your two files, and the two files from "Late Game Start mod" to the two original files in the Data folder? Do I open the original files and append your files to them? I need someone to explain the process clearly, using small words.

u can paste all .pack files in your data folder
    use only a script file when u tell which mod to use inside.
    mod hey.pack;
    mod hello.pack;

But u will get problem for the startpos.esf, u can use only 1 at same time, it means u have to choose to play 1 mod or another but not both mods at same time.

Default Re: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD ---new version 1.1 released---New units trailer

drake, u don't need anymore the script file. only downlòoad the last version tath I have updated and put it in the data folder of etw.

1ms, u have not contacted me in private. pls I must speak with u on skype, steam, xfire or msn.

I go on holidays untill end of August guys. I will try to check my msg & email sometimes. I will keep evolution of this mod when i'm back, so, prepare your wishes Have fun and good game everyone.

I added a trailer with all units from this mod : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuYKx1K2itU

naxzul666's Avatar Que la fête commence !
    Content Emeritus

I wish you to spend good vacation, you have well deserved !

I will prepeare 2 versions, 1 vannilla of ur mod, and 1 exactly like ntw, with are and gamplay exactly the same.

Excellent showcase of the unitsEnjoy your vacation sir for it is indeed well deserved after all of the work that has gone into this amazing mod!!!!