Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD 1.7 Updated on 20/02/2010.WORKING WITH PATCH 4

Default Re: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD ---new version 1.1 released---

hello,

its my first post and i mainly signed up to thank you for a mod i was waiting for a long time.

great work !

wow....thanks OneManShow......looks really good
    (Max Settings + Shader 2.0 + nHancer 2x2 Supersampling)
    Last edited by No_Limit; August 01, 2009 at 06:09 AM.

VVILHELM DUX's Avatar Tiro

Cant download from filefront. Every time i try it just keeps looping back to the file download page. Any chance of alternate download link? I am realy enjoying the first version and would love to be able to get the 1.1

U Welcome colakki.
    I just uploaded it on megaupload Wilhelm : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6398A4N

To no_limit : if i had high graphic settings as you have, my textures would be better. I just noticed this strange colors 2 days ago. I cant reskin all the 100 units, so the shaders 2 should be the only soluce. Have fun
    Try the Napoleonic Mod for ETW

we can consider this our ntw3?

Quote Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
    U Welcome colakki.
    I just uploaded it on megaupload Wilhelm : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6398A4N

To no_limit : if i had high graphic settings as you have, my textures would be better. I just noticed this strange colors 2 days ago. I cant reskin all the 100 units, so the shaders 2 should be the only soluce. Have fun
    Thanks for the link.

if u want I'm able to create a beautifull selfinstaller

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Cappone View Post
    we can consider this our ntw3?

If you like to play single or grand campaign, Yes.
    The Lordz focus on multy player custom battles and dont have a campaign mode for previouse ntw's.
    Last I heard they were following that same m-o for Empire. I dont want to take anything away from them, they do awsome work and I've enjoyed their battles I've played but I do prefer gampaign mode.
    Its part of why I like these games.

The best thing that could happen to Empire that I've seen anyone working on are new campaign maps. I dispise the lack of provences in the larger countries. A whole deminsion of startagy is missing because of it. I hear they wont be able to empliment these until theres a mod tool or further crack on the game code. I dont know the details but custom campaign maps seem just out of reach atm.

I can only presume it was to even out the starting resources for the larger factions like Spain and France so they couldnt overrun too early but why wasnt it evenly applied to Britain?

If we had new maps for Empire then we could have scenarios for Napoleonic era where we get a small Island of the coast and a small army then do the retaking of Paris and the last 100 days to try our own hand at an Empirial restoration.

Thanks for the Update version. Now my paris barracks is fully functional again. Ditto that on the early melee cavelry too. It was an interesting early campaign having to rely just on dragoons.

I finally am at war with Poland. Their roster is very complete. I was intrested to see them have infantry with ranges same as american-british colonial long rifles. Im going to have to take them out fast befor they can field a full army of those things.

I have a request for the future. Marines. France had one of the earliest Marine corps within thier military constituted in 1622, fourty years before the English marines who were organized first in 1663 and then the U.S. (Colonial) Marines organized in 1775.

I dont know if this is possible yet, but new leader heads for France to the late period and a reskin of the Bourbonne Dynasty as the Empirial Bonaparte Faction (with tricolor). Napoleon didnt have to deal with elections once the council of deputies was dissolved.
    Last edited by Astaroth; August 02, 2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Merged double post.

k, I have tryed it with more attention. if u want, I can prepare u a fatigue stats file because now it's like the vanilla. I think tath u have also to make cheapper of 50 coins the line infantry and rename the line infantry class from militia to line. granadiers must use granades but they must be less. up to 5 the ccharge bonus of cav.
    attak from back and sides must be improved. this base is 2 good. Just some little bug to fix and it will be the first true and awesome napoleonic mod for etw. And I think tath this will be something of incredible. trust me

ah, als0o, u must set a standard range for line to 70, also granadiers and elite.

Change the icons lol, are repulsive! foul! lol, It's impossible to understand wath units are. the bettter thing is an intuitive icon.
    Last edited by Astaroth; August 02, 2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Merged double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Cappone View Post
    ah, als0o, u must set a standard range for line to 70, also granadiers and elite.

Change the icons lol, are repulsive! foul! lol, It's impossible to understand wath units are. the bettter thing is an intuitive icon.

I respectfully dissagree that all line infantry must be standardised at 70 range. Lesser echilon line would naturally have a shorter range due to experience with their weapons and visa versa for more highly trained line infantry. Also the newest rifles comming off the assembly lines in the 1800 would go to the higher echilon troops while pressed militia and reserves might even have to suffice with old musket from the dusty armories of the last century.

yes but the point is tath if u have al standardised, when u are stable with standard units, then u can increase or decrease to specialize the factions. I'm not sayng tath is a bad idea. I'm only saying tath we must test it on single and multy to reach a stable version before do particulary things to personalize factions.

Some interesting idea in previous post mates

Line infantry are 70 range but voltigeurs, kgl or grenzers have 90 range because they were great shooters. They have range increased and better accuracy but they are weaker than others units in hands to hands combat. Its historically accurate and i think u can make interesting strategy when u have both units in your army. Originally i put 125 range to these units but they were absolutely too powerful, i just keep 125 range to snarpshooters with a 85 accuracy, but they are only 30 soldiers.

I didnt put kind of long rifles units to Poland or Russia, they were fierce warriors fighting in melee but not great shooters. they have primitive rifles or even no rifles enough for every soldiers.

No way for a grenadiers launching grenades, its lame and unrealistic but im willing to see pioneers and sappers, small commando groups like snarpshooters, with the ability to use efficient grenades against buildings. But i dunno how doing that now.

Which model to use for Marines ?
    Try the Napoleonic Mod for ETW

ehhehe, granadiers lame? it's not a problem if u know how to solve it =)

PS Can you get your unit stats and descrips included on next version of Unit Compatibility Project? Would love to see this have Ornimentum worked in too. If not I will just need to go back and forth but it would be sweet to have oms be in that project.

I wait oms answer, I have all ready and I have prepared stats for the mod. I wait only tath he contact me on skype, steam or xfire
    for the details

Is it possible to have a version that tones down the unit size? 320 is a bit too much for me and my computer. Or is there a way to change unit size from main menu... I have forgotten how to do that..?
    Last edited by familyguy1; August 02, 2009 at 03:34 PM.

naxzul666's Avatar Que la fête commence !
    Content Emeritus

You go in:
    Options / graphics / unit size
    And you choose: small , medium , large or ultra

so, here we are. I have created 2 install program, 1 for the french and 1 for the english version. in each pack I have added Smoke and blood and no tracers. Pls oms contact me tath I have to ask and to show u a thing before release the 2 installers. it's urgent, u know where u can call me. thnx

Quote Originally Posted by familyguy1 View Post
    Is it possible to have a version that tones down the unit size? 320 is a bit too much for me and my computer. Or is there a way to change unit size from main menu... I have forgotten how to do that..?

lol, I MAKE U AN EXAMPLE. U GO to buy a ferrari.

"sorry, it's possible to togle some injector from the engine? because it's to fast this car for me"

the heavy part of the mod are the unit reskins, if we make a light pack without reskins, wath we have? a ntw game with 700? uniforms?

but don't worry =) when I will have the installer ready the size of the file, I think, will be less the 300 mb =)

I've merged a few double posts. Please use the edit button in the future.
    Last edited by Astaroth; August 02, 2009 at 06:14 PM.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Installers ready. I have a alpha where I'm working on stats, fatigue, morale, costs and company, the other is OSM 1.1 + smoke, blood and no tracers. When I can speak with oms I will post the 2 packets.