Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD 1.7 Updated on 20/02/2010.WORKING WITH PATCH 4

VVILHELM DUX's Avatar Tiro

I never noticed this until installing and playing this mod so if its unrelated my apologies. I have 2 games going, 1 French and one English. Both are around turn 70 and Ive experienced a phenomenon not before seen on my end. On the English game, I looked up about turn 65 and noticed all unit stacks over 1 high have had all the subsequent units after the 1st in the stack, cut in half combat strength. Exactly 50% strength regardless of whether it was starting at full or not. All 320 man units were 160, 24 man cannons were 12, 120 man h\cavalry were 60, hurt units like an infantry previously damaged to 88 was 44, etc. None of the AI stack's appeared effected as all their flags were NON tattered.

This bizarre occurrence has not happened yet on my French campaign. I've never seen this before today in any other campaign without this mod. I spent the money to refresh them and they restrengthened properly then it all happened again 2 turns later.

Any ideas whats going on? Why only English human player seems effected thus far? Anyone else playing this mod experience this yet?

PS Still love the mod, just a bit strange this thing going on.
    Last edited by Astaroth; August 02, 2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Merged double post.

Default Re: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD

I dont think its proper to my mod. Army size are fixed and there isnt any updates yet.

did u get a bankrupt ? In this case most of your armies are cut by half.
    I know there is a problem with the refill job since 1.3 patch. There is a link here : http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=119805
    Try the Napoleonic Mod for ETW

Quote Originally Posted by alexvbud View Post
    Hello
    It's great mod and I like it much
    and Ihave some suggestion for future
    if it possible , please
    -Make more units for fraction Austria Russia Prussia ......... Like hussars Uhlans Eggers e. t. c. to make more various units for factions
    - make the compain map more historical for example give to Prussia such regions as west prussia and silesia, to austria - galicia, to russia- crimea, lathvinia, belorussia, kurland, e. t. c.
    and everything else what you want

thank you for exelent MOD
    thanks for your suggestions.
    - I just added French & Russian Hussards. Let me know and give me sources or pics about units you want. In Napoleonic era, most of factions units had similar uniforms and its very difficult to design them without make them clone of anothers, especially for infantry. Look British uniforms, they are all same, only buttons and shako insign to distinguish them.
    - Its very hard to change region owner without get a game crash, i will do it for West Prussia in the next version but this one is easy because no troops are garrisoned.

here is the link for russian army in napoleonic wars with detailed description of unifom
    for infantry
    http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/Ru...ussianinfantry
    cavalry
    http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/Ru...avalryuniforms
    cossacs
    http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/cossacks.htm
    artillery
    http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/Russian_artillery.htm

and here is more about austrian prussian and british army

http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/index.html

so select any units you'd like
    Last edited by Astaroth; August 02, 2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Merged double post.

Is the patch.pack done yet? Im impatient for multilayer... and send me a PM if you want to join .

I need a couple of guys to try my new version and the multiplayer game. PM me if you have some free time plz

@VVILHEM DUX : I've got the same problem, the number of soldiers in the units is divided by 3 the second time I play with this mod. I'm also playing with the french version of the game. Here is what I found : there is only one script named "preferences_empire.script" in the script folder. If I add the "user_empire.script" as onemanshow says, it does'nt work. If I overwrite the script, it works but the second time I play the game, the script is overwritten and the reference to the mod disappears, the napoleonic units are still there but their strength is divided by 3 (Infantry : 80 instead of 240). If I write the reference to the mod in the preferences, same result. So, I have to modify the "preferences_empire.script" each time I launch the the game. Not cool.
    (please excuse my bad english).

Great mod, I am really glad to see some work with the Napoleon age units, feels like the grand finally that completes the age, even if it is the 19th century but just the beginning right.

Thought though, now your re-skinning the the British green jackets because its the closest thing to a unit of the age. Well I was thinking, now I have herd that there are mods that allow all horse units to dismount not just Dragoons. I have also seen that its possible to change the weapons of a unit like giving officers spittoons instead of swords. Well keeping that in mind I wonder if its possible to use the Lancer unit model, dismounted and rearmed with muskets, as a re-skinned french line infantry. I think it better encapsulated the shape of the French Shako? Though I understand that may be a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by aggie_john View Post
    Great mod, I am really glad to see some work with the Napoleon age units, feels like the grand finally that completes the age, even if it is the 19th century but just the beginning right.

Thought though, now your re-skinning the the British green jackets because its the closest thing to a unit of the age. Well I was thinking, now I have herd that there are mods that allow all horse units to dismount not just Dragoons. I have also seen that its possible to change the weapons of a unit like giving officers spittoons instead of swords. Well keeping that in mind I wonder if its possible to use the Lancer unit model, dismounted and rearmed with muskets, as a re-skinned french line infantry. I think it better encapsulated the shape of the French Shako? Though I understand that may be a lot of work.
    Im not sure its useful to make all cavalry dismount. Cavalry is more useful on horse, charging the ennemy in the back, especially with lancers i have given 40 and even 50 in bonus charge to the Don cossacks.

Quote Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
    Im not sure its useful to make all cavalry dismount. Cavalry is more useful on horse, charging the ennemy in the back, especially with lancers i have given 40 and even 50 in bonus charge to the Don cossacks.
    You misunderstand me, I was thinking you might be able to use the model of the Lancer unit. I know some mods have been able to create dismounted units as regular infantry, ie Dismounted Dragoons. I was wonder if you could do the same, not to have dismounted Lancers but to use the model since it looks fairly Napoleonic to create a new variant of Napoleonic line infantry?

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by aggie_john View Post
    You misunderstand me, I was thinking you might be able to use the model of the Lancer unit. I know some mods have been able to create dismounted units as regular infantry, ie Dismounted Dragoons. I was wonder if you could do the same, not to have dismounted Lancers but to use the model since it looks fairly Napoleonic to create a new variant of Napoleonic line infantry?
    The lancers as they are represented is by and large of the napoleonic era,nut i must disagree and say that the Czapka they wear is not really all that similar to the shako that was worn by most forms of line infantry at the time,instead the reskinned green jackets that are seemingly used are by far the better choice from my viewpoint

Oh ok, you should play a battle with Poland, i designed most of Polish infantry units on the lancer model. They have the Czapka like historically and i have tried to create their famous units like Vistula legions or Dabrowski regiments.

I'm currently making still more accuratly with the history by setting up a mercenary recruitment. it means when you conquer a foreign country u will be able to recruit a limited numbers of home units. So, may be peoples will do like Napoleon, attacking Russia with 200.000 french soldiers + 600.000 foreign troops
    see u
    Last edited by OneManShow; July 31, 2009 at 01:44 AM.

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Love Your mod friend REP++

Quote Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
    Oh ok, you should play a battle with Poland, i designed most of Polish infantry units on the lancer model. They have the Czapka like historically and i have tried to create their famous units like Vistula legions or Dabrowski regiments.

I'm currently making still more accuratly with the history by setting up a mercenary recruitment. it means when you conquer a foreign country u will be able to recruit a limited numbers of home units. So, may be peoples will do like Napoleon, attacking Russia with 200.000 french soldiers + 600.000 foreign troops
    see u
    Ohh sweet I'll have to check that out then, I have never played with Poland before.

Version 1.1 released
    Download link : http://www.filefront.com/14165329/omsNTW1.1.rar

New features :

- Added French Hussards and Achtyrka Hussards for Russia
    - Refreshed some skins like Russian Infantry, French chasseurs, Danish Grenadiers....
    - Startpos modified, now game start in 1789, 4 rounds/year, France start with Republic gov
    - All factions start with Napoleonic units, no more vanilla units
    - Improved AI to recruit better units
    - Balanced units cost and upkeep, all is cheaper, means more army in campaign
    - Added new sounds
    - Fixed recruitment bug in Paris when last buildings reached
    - Technologies still easier to find out
    - Removed platoon firing in campaign
    - Can recruit home units from the région you have captured
    - Diplomacy more accurate with Napoleonic era

enjoy

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I look forward to the AOR system you are looking to implement.This is integral to the look and feel of the era,as many of the soldiers that fought on the respective sides were a mixed lot from many different nations which made for a rather colourful and varied battlefield experience

Edit:so i very much like the usage of mass fire with many of the units,which to my mind is more on par with commonly used tactics of the time,especially amongst the french,ut i wonder will this be overwritten by the implementation of the rank fire with later technologies???or will only more advanced units use the rank fire drill??

Edit:after extensive play I find myself asking again,why isnt everyone all over this mod???this is a simply fantastic creation that shows how much time effort and workmanship that has been put into it!!the number of new units and reskins are remarkable in and of themselves!
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; July 31, 2009 at 12:11 PM.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD ---new version 1.1 released---

My computer is having issues with filefront, help. Says the saite cannot be opened!

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post

Edit:so i very much like the usage of mass fire with many of the units,which to my mind is more on par with commonly used tactics of the time,especially amongst the french,ut i wonder will this be overwritten by the implementation of the rank fire with later technologies???or will only more advanced units use the rank fire drill??

Edit:after extensive play I find myself asking again,why isnt everyone all over this mod???this is a simply fantastic creation that shows how much time effort and workmanship that has been put into it!!the number of new units and reskins are remarkable in and of themselves!
    i have encountered CTD when trying to add mass_fire technology to replace rank_fire, so i give up

Dont worry about others peoples, with around 1000 download im glad for somethiing i created myself alone and without any experience. I'm glad that peoples like you are so passioned too
    I think the campaign will be fun with 1.1 version anyway

Filefront is ok now, but seems many downloads at same time, may be u get slow connection

Quote Originally Posted by No_Limit View Post
    what u means ? set shaders on 2 if colors too brillant