Thread: New Factions

Icon5 New Factions

I myself have never made a mod (the only editing I've ever done was making all factions playable in vanilla RTW ), so excuse me for being really dumb if I am... but why can't there be more factions in a modded version of RTW than there were in the vanilla version? If you can have more, I think you could make a much better mod no matter where you start (I'm posting this while downloading AqD's mod ).

If you can have more factions... perhaps Berbers... or Saka? Or a better version of Sarmatians than RTR Platinum? Or even Indians and a map going further East to China?!

Of course, it seems that none of this is possible, so if it was a waste of time. Hopefully it's of some use...

Default Re: New Factions

There are limits for pretty much everything. Going over them generally causes the game to crash. And these limits can`t be changed via the text files that are available to mod. That`s why they`re called hardcoded.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

There are free slots (in the beta) to add 3 unplayable factions. The only reason they're not used yet is because I'm still working on improving existing factions

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    There are free slots (in the beta) to add 3 unplayable factions. The only reason they're not used yet is because I'm still working on improving existing factions
    If they're free, you could make Numidia unplayable, or even delete it seeing as it just goes in the first turn anyway...

You could also make a few unplayable Barbarian factions to raid the Germans and Gauls when they start as they begin with no opposition that attacks them.

Having thought more clearly about it... an idea would be to make the Gauls and Germans start out with a shared border so they don't end up allying and being nice to each other

Also... you could make a map going further East to show more of India, and make a playable Mauryan faction to replace Numidia... I'll have to get the beta before saying more

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Making a new map is a hell lot of task and it'd be require testing of all campaign setup..... which has been stable for more 6 months

Don't worry about gauls and germans. They're hopeless anyway

I liked the Germans in RTW vanilla, and the Gauls, but the Germans always won and the Gauls always lost, so I was hoping for a mod which allowed them to do well without just killing everything in their vicinity and ruling the world with spear-armed warbands...

Thunk you for your great work. Especially eastern units of yours are best ones of all mods, I think.
    I prefer playing ver 2.5 with revived Roman 4 factions which use contents of ResGestae, so if you will use vacant roman rosters in next version, I will make 4 Romans addon for this version.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by mochi View Post
    Thunk you for your great work. Especially eastern units of yours are best ones of all mods, I think.
    I prefer playing ver 2.5 with revived Roman 4 factions which use contents of ResGestae, so if you will use vacant roman rosters in next version, I will make 4 Romans addon for this version.
    You're welcome