Thread: Crash on winning conditions

Icon5 Crash on winning conditions

Hi everybody.....

I'm playing a grand campaign with the Maratha confederation and in order to win I should hold 24 region.....
    I have 23 and every time I conquer the last one, and it doesn't make a different which one I conquer, the game crash back to windows.... I'm in year 1756....
    I've installed the APETI 1.04 and AUM 2.3 mods, and I've been played smothless for about 2 weeks so far.....
    If anybody has a clue becuase it is really disappointing leave the game at this point.....

Thanks....

Scipio.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Crash on winning conditions

Could be an issue with added victory conditions or a problem with the fact that Maratha was never made fully playable by CA -- anyone else able to finish a campaign with ANY nation that had victory conditions added?

Let us know your results!

EDIT: scipione_1 -- zip up and attach your savegame too if you would!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Attached my last save.... Year 1757, there are 2 ottoman cities under siege; either one I conquer the game crash.... I tryed also with a United Province and a pirate city in the America scenario, same result....

I read some topics; I tryed "The insufficient memory & CTD" workaround by Mad Boris but nothing, also I did what its written below, quote from page 17 of the Mad Boris' thread:

Total War Center Forums > Empire: Total War > Empire: Total War Technical Help "Insufficient memory" & "CTD" - workaround
    "Hi all,
    I had the same problem as everyone, with the "Marathe Empire" after a random number of turns I was getting an error with a back to windows. Often after a siege won or a battle but also when I finish one of my turns.
    I couldn't get rid of it, even with all the help given on this (and other) forums.
    Impossible to load the quicksave and when loading the last "good" save it crashes like I said before.
    Yesterday I've tried something that worked for me so I post it there, perhaps it will help some of you.
    Close steam.
    Get into the "steam/common/Empire" folder and delete the "Empire.exe" from it.
    Then open steam again, right click on empire and choose "check the integrity" (don't remember the exact term).
    Steam will then redownload the "Empire.exe" by itself, when it's done click "play the game".
    So far so good!
    It worked for me, hope that will help some of you.
    thx to madboris for the help, even if it didn't worked for me.
    Good day"

But guess what.... nothing.....

Anyway, thanks for the help......

Scipio.....

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

scipione_1 - The savegame crashes for me before I ever even get to load it.

Were you using any other mods that I might be missing?
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Praepositus

I actually finished campaign victory conditions for the Mughals and New Spain... so I don't see the problem here....

Sorry, the save I attached actually was done after I installed APETI 1.05 and AUM 2.4.....

I just tryed if with the new version of the mods could solve something.....

Cheers....

I've done everything I found in this forum which I believed would have been applyable to solve my problem, but nothing.....
    1) workaround by mad boris,
    2) canceling empire.exe and let steam to replace it,
    3) update my card's driver (190.38 beta),
    4) alt tab during the game and set in task manager the affinity to 1.....

I guess I'll wait for patch 1.4 to finish my Maratha world conquer (if that will solve something) and I 'll start a new campaign....

Thanks, anyway......