Thread: [Add-On] Bang! Sound FX

Default [Add-On] Bang! Sound FX

Bang!
    Tired of popguns? Want some bang in your muskets? Then try this out. With this patch, your cannons and guns will roar and purr just the way they were supposed to.

This sound effects pack consists of sfx from:

sgt_melin's combined sfx mod
    and
    Mech_Donald's sound mod (found paired with his smoke and blood mod)
    and
    my own personal modifications of individual files. (I removed random sounds from the realistic recordings: dog barks, mouse clicking, etc.)

Comments:
    I have mixed the two and chosen sounds which I believe are more realistic. I hope you enjoy, if you have any suggestions for added realism, please feel free to tell me.

This mod will conflict (probably override) with other sfx mods. So make sure you don't have multiple sfx mods active at the same time.

Installation:
    1. Download "TanSFX.pack"
    2. Move the file to your "empire total war/data" folder.
    3. Play!

Credits:
    Credit is given to sgt_melin for putting together his combo sound pack made by Obushnikov and GeraldDuval's Realism Soundpack v1.0, and Mech_Donald who made his wonderful smoke, blood, and sound mod.

Download Bang! SFX
    Last edited by Tan Zhi Han; February 28, 2010 at 03:16 AM.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

Dileos's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [Add-On] Bang! Sound FX

Great work! This is taking the best from Melin's and Mech's mods and putting them together into one big steaming pile of audio awsome-ness!
    +rep

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Hi there,

A couple of questions.

The link is to a .pack file. Am I right in thinking this will not need unpacking, just copying to the data folder?

Does this overwrite any existing files?

Thanks.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ballacraine View Post
    Hi there,

A couple of questions.

The link is to a .pack file. Am I right in thinking this will not need unpacking, just copying to the data folder?

Does this overwrite any existing files?

Thanks.
    Correct, no unpacking.

It does not overwrite any files but will, of course, override the vanilla files.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

OK. Thanks for the clarification,
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Is this compatible with the new 1.07 version of APE:TI ?

Yes. I have been using it just fine. Please try it out, you won't regret it. Or you will, whatever floats your boat.

I'm not able to download from mediafire (the D/L never starts)... can I have an alternate link?

If i dl this will i still be able to play in multiplayer if someone else does not have this specific submod?

It's included in the APE:TI install. Go to your Empire Total War/misc folder and it should be there. You just have to drag it over to your data folder!

A1_Unit,

It comes with APETI as well. Look at what Rekcinad said. I just downloaded the mediafire link twice as a test though, so I don't know what's up on your end mate.

userstupidname,

I can't say for sure. I haven't played multiplayer since ETW 1.2. You could try and see if it interferes... It's just a pack, so you can always move it to a temporary location when using multiplayer, and move it back when playing single player.

Thanks. And +rep for the great sound effects.

Er. Updated some things since the original mods fixed their mods. All pretty much the same, but you might have been receiving crashes due to some small bugs. Everything squeaky clean now.

I got a report that the download wasn't working and it seems the link was down for a while for maintenance, but it works now as I have test downloaded it several times now. Thanks, good hunting.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Does this change the wimpy blunderbuss/shotgunner sounds?

They are in AUM, I don't know if they are in APE:TI raw... they are not satisfying at all, it's almost as if the sound is missing.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Is this used in the latest APE:TI? 'Cause I don't really like the sounds they use now. Aaaand, is there a way to remove that annoying music playing when units march? It's kinda cool, but it's anoying when Spain is playing British Grenadiers...
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    Is this used in the latest APE:TI? 'Cause I don't really like the sounds they use now. Aaaand, is there a way to remove that annoying music playing when units march? It's kinda cool, but it's anoying when Spain is playing British Grenadiers...
    In the graphics pack you can remove the entries for fieldmusic, this is only present in pre-v1.0.9 -- the current version of APE: TI does NOT contain marching music.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

I have updated the sound pack to include updated sound files, and have edited and cleaned up most files... There were dogs barking and random mouse clicking in a couple of them... Wowzers.