Thread: In RSII, is there going to be more than one Roman faction?

Default In RSII, is there going to be more than one Roman faction?

Just started to play RS 1.5c at the minute and having a good time, especially with the forced diplomacy mod. Problem i have is the abssence of another Roman faction as personally a good old civil war all adds a bit of a flavour to the game when nearing the end especially when you have to take Rome itself.

So can anyone give us a heads up if another Roman faction will be added to RSII?

Nicator's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: In RSII, is there going to be more than one Roman faction?

No, there will be only one Roman faction. But IIRC there are going to be civil wars anyway.
    Deeply lost in the night. Just as one sometimes lowers one’s head to reflect, thus to be utterly lost in the night. All around people are asleep. Its just play-acting, an innocent self- deception, that they sleep in houses, in safe beds, under a safe roof, stretched out or curled up on mattresses, in sheets, under blankets; in reality they have flocked together as they had once upon a time and again later in a deserted region, a camp in the open, a countless number of men, an army, a people, under a cold sky on cold earth, collapsed where once they had stood, forehead pressed on the arm, face to the ground, breathing quietly. And you are watching, are one of the watchmen, you find the next one by brandishing a burning stick from the brushwood pile beside you. Why are you watching? Someone must watch, it is said. Someone must be there.

I've just done skins for most of the "rebel" Roman units, if that's any clue.

And with any luck by the end of your Roman campaign you'll begging for mercy if all that we're working on works properly.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

just love the fact in RTW vanilla first half is based on conquering non romans then second half your former brothers in arms. If someone were to make a mod based on the year of the 4 emperors id be one of the first to download. But rebellious romans sound just as good, a few revolts are always pleasing to put down

Well you can expect something more than that.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Nicator's Avatar Libertus

Something along the lines of the Crisis of the Third Century?
    Deeply lost in the night. Just as one sometimes lowers one’s head to reflect, thus to be utterly lost in the night. All around people are asleep. Its just play-acting, an innocent self- deception, that they sleep in houses, in safe beds, under a safe roof, stretched out or curled up on mattresses, in sheets, under blankets; in reality they have flocked together as they had once upon a time and again later in a deserted region, a camp in the open, a countless number of men, an army, a people, under a cold sky on cold earth, collapsed where once they had stood, forehead pressed on the arm, face to the ground, breathing quietly. And you are watching, are one of the watchmen, you find the next one by brandishing a burning stick from the brushwood pile beside you. Why are you watching? Someone must watch, it is said. Someone must be there.

Very good news.

The missing of Roman enemys ist the only thing wich lacks RS 1.5.

will you also include the Senate somehow ?
    a campaign would be much more Interesting with some Missions given by the Senate....

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Cr7390 View Post
    Very good news.

a campaign would be much more Interesting with some Missions given by the Senate....
    Waste one faction slot for some missions that only the romans will get them?
    R:TW has only 20 faction slots.

Indefinitely Banned

/me slaps Tone

I thought it was going to be a secret?

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    I've just done skins for most of the "rebel" Roman units, if that's any clue.

And with any luck by the end of your Roman campaign you'll begging for mercy if all that we're working on works properly.
    *swoons*
    I like pie.

-swoons- with u lol

Remember Constantinople
    mr bush how can u put people in jail for smoking weed when you smoke weed. that makes you a hypocrite. bush says do you like hand jobs. the guy says hell yea. bush says do you like giving hand jobs. the guy says no. bush says well then your a fing hypocrite to!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr7390 View Post
    Very good news.

It would be, but consider that the other Roman families are gone, it'd be kind of weird. Plus, the Senate faction would be incredibly buggy in game anyways, so it's better if it's removed completely.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Laetus

i hated the senate in vanilla the missions didnt let you do what you wanted to do and made the game to easy because they didnt give the other factions time to expand.

a unified rome is one of the reasons why i love this mod