Thread: New animations?

B.Khmelnytsky's Avatar Libertus

Default New animations?

Are you guys going to be adding any new animations?

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: New animations?

I was thinking of this at exactly this precise moment. How spooky is that? Is your sister fit?

Well, we have no animators. But for me (personally) I can't stand the animations in the game, the way the horses move is unrealistic to say the least and the fighting techniques of the infantry units a joke. It has been hard enough to find skinners and modellers however and that as well as coding in some 500 brand new units has to be priority number one.
    But if we could, and if we can find an animator all we would need would be a very few animations. Personally I think it would add tremendously to the game. The only guy I know worth his salt works on the Rusichi team and is a professional games developer. He is not going to have time to work with us. We may take some stuff from Rusichi but I still think it will not be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    I was thinking of this at exactly this precise moment. How spooky is that? Is your sister fit?

Well, we have no animators. But for me (personally) I can't stand the animations in the game, the way the horses move is unrealistic to say the least and the fighting techniques of the infantry units a joke. It has been hard enough to find skinners and modellers however and that as well as coding in some 500 brand new units has to be priority number one.
    But if we could, and if we can find an animator all we would need would be a very few animations. Personally I think it would add tremendously to the game. The only guy I know worth his salt works on the Rusichi team and is a professional games developer. He is not going to have time to work with us. We may take some stuff from Rusichi but I still think it will not be enough
    Haha, well, I would help if I knew how to animate, but I don't so yeah. Hope you guys do find someone and maybe I will search the internets a bit for where you can find animators. Best of luck!

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Cheers

I couldn't find anyone that can do animations, not for free anyway, and when I did find one site that did, called GameFlood, found out the company down. Sorry.

shut*
    Last edited by OdinX; July 23, 2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Edit

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

lol there's an edit button for a reason

MonkeyLancer's Avatar Foederatus

Not that it is any help for anyone NOW, but in September I'm going back to school for Animation (classical and 3d) to supplement my illustration degree.. so if you need any animators in about 3 years I'm sure I'd be happy to oblige

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

If we haven't found any by then then please consider us first on the waiting list ;P
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

MonkeyLancer's Avatar Foederatus

Consider it done... I had no idea that animators are that high in demand

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

lol yeah, you sure picked the right school

Indefinitely Banned

Will you be using my bowstring + animated arrow and decapitation animations?

Have you contacted Rusichi?

BTW I think the vanilla animations are top-notch and would be very hard to better. The look of combat can best be improved by shuffling around the descr_skeletons.txt and adding some new death poses.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai! View Post
    Will you be using my bowstring + animated arrow and decapitation animations?

Have you contacted Rusichi?

BTW I think the vanilla animations are top-notch and would be very hard to better. The look of combat can best be improved by shuffling around the descr_skeletons.txt and adding some new death poses.
    I don't think we've decided on which new animations will be in, but we like the Rusichi stuff. I like the bowstring as well. Isn't the decapitation animation yours? It's cool, but it could easily be overdone. Only certain weapons are capable of decapitation and then only against opponents without heavy armor. The best archeological evidence we have for the effects of medieval weaponry are the mass graves found at the site of the Battle of Wisby. If I remember right, there was not a decapitation among them. It is highly unlikely that an opponent who is actively defending himself would be decapitated. From the Wisby evidence, it seems that most men were taken out with a downward stroke or an attack to the legs following a fake to the head. I'm not saying decapitation never happened, just that it was highly unlikely because even an untrained individual naturally protects his head first.

BTW, we don't have an animation expert on the team.
    Last edited by sumskilz; July 27, 2009 at 12:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.