Thread: Please I need your help

Icon4 Please I need your help

Hallo well i'm new here, but i have already a time looking this forum, so i have problem i download this greate mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=flags and i said "wow he is using the new prussian greanadiers model" so i though i have to do my own mod and upload it but i fail, i 've read all tutorial but i can't make it work, my basic idea it's to take the swiss guard (france) and make a new one the Napoleon Guards.
    i start de game and it's ok
    i go to play battle, ok, the "new unit it's there, the icon it's black but well
    i select the unit an start the battle but when it's loading about a half... bang! it crash!
    in sp mode it's the same i can recruit the unit but whe i went to a battle crash
    again
    i put here a sample of my mod for you to check it
    http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=3n0zyx6rwwc

Please! Help me!

Default Re: Please I need your help

Welcome to TWC!

You're talking about the Elite Units of the West Swiss Guards?
    If so the problem is that CA have encrypted all the Elite Units of the West models so they can't be used for any other units. You have to either give up on your mod or try to use another model.

EDIT: I like your sig, there aren't many intelligent ones around here. I completely agree with it.
    Last edited by tiyafeh; July 16, 2009 at 06:59 PM.

Yeah! i just realize that the new unit models are encrypted, about the sig yes thats what i allways think so i don't give up whit this, i figure that the answer it's althoug inside the patch.pack or new dll together the exe file, steam don't have much to do in this, cause only is (4 me) some kind of "emulator" you run steam and it tells the game to load "full version" (you have pay the DLC EUoW) or "semi full version" so the game don't run the Elite units of the west in active mod, cause if you go to an internet battle, and your oponent have pay 4 EUoW he or she can use it against you, and you can see the units -swiss guards-freikorps-russian grenadiers etc, so the units r there posibly it's just one 0 -1 missing. I have verry basic knowleges about it but i will go ahead.
    Thank you verry much tiyafeh

The units are there, you just can't do anything with them. I tried, as well. The model files are encrypted, and short of hacking into them, there's nothing you can do about it. Even those who bought the units can't use the models for other units.