Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Mod and Patches, version 2.3.6

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Download Mod and Patches, version 2.1

hi mate,
    i installed the 2.1 patch but the game dont work anymore, it copy the bat files but it doesnt load the game i installed the true conquest bat and the game still dont work, what am i doing wrong ?

Which campaign isn't working and can you upload an error log?

How to upload an error log is explained here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=351716
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Getting a crash before loading anything after the main menu after i installed the 2.1 patch. here is the error log
    Hm..... nevermind. it is working now, and i did nothing to fix it. lol
    Last edited by Heathen Storm; August 10, 2010 at 10:15 PM.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

usmcsultan's Avatar Civis

This mod is awesome, BUT it is so slowwwwww. It takes decade between each turn. On average it takes 5-10 minutes for turn to end.
    "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one."
    George W. Bush-after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

romy's Avatar Semisalis

I don't find so slow , it takes me 1 min to end in the middle of a campaign.It isn't as slow as Stainless Steel RR/RC or Deus lo Vult(I think , Inever really played it)! :-)
    Maybe turn off the shadows on the campaign map?
    R.I.P. Calvin

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Don´t think it has to do with shadows, its the huge list of factions the mod has to go through every turn, and thats...normal not a bug.

Hello

I jave just downloaded this mod for the first time. I dowloaded Conquest 2.0 exe together with all the updates listed below in your first post.

After starting game and selecting 'Single Player' then 'Grand campaign' I only get the option to play in the 1547 period. How do I access the other periods?

Beowolf

If you wish to start another campaign you will need to
    first load it through the xp or vista.bat
    after this the true conquest.bat will load your chosen campaign

not sure if this is how unamine5 meant for it to work
    but its the only way that seems possible at the moment
    Last edited by TOLAROscipii; August 23, 2010 at 04:52 PM.
    uanime5's Eras total conquest
    a Medieval 2 total war kingdoms mod
    featuring 10 campaigns covering the entire world
    each include different factions, faction start positions, and levels of technology
    Download>Link1 Link2 Link3 Link4 Link5

Thanks for the reply.

In the first post it says to launch game with the 'True Conquest' launcher. Should I be using the Vista launch then as I have Vista? Will this cause a problem?

Having now played the game I can't capture enemy settlemets by holding the square when I play the battle myself. It seems only total destruction of all defenders is required. However, when I let the computer resolve the battle. it is able to take the settlement without eliminating the enemy?

Is it possible to take a settlement using the square? Are there any text files to read on playing the game?

The Vista and XP launchers are different because I couldn't get the XP one to work with Vista. These launchers change the core game files so the campaigns are different.

In an AI mod I downloaded they changed it so that the player wouldn't auto win by running onto the square. You can change this by editing the battle_config.xml.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

ChivalrousKiller's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Additional Bat file

Some user have reported that the bat files just copy files but doesn't load. The True Conquest.bat is designed to fix this, as it's made to just load the mod without copying any files. To install them download the True Conquest.rar, unpack it, and put the True Conquest.bat file in the Medieval II Total War folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War'). Use this .bat file to launch the mod.

It still won't launch. The True Conquest only opens for a small bit of a second, then closes again

Is this only useable for 2.1 or also for 2.0?

Edit: And I can't extract the 2.1 patch
    Last edited by ChivalrousKiller; August 30, 2010 at 02:58 PM.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Uanime5- thanks again for this great mod! +1rep
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Hi mate! I'm from China and like to play our Ming dynasty in 1547 Empire campaign, however, I find that some generals in Ming faction is not historical and there are still many historical generals excluded from your mod, such as Xu Jie, Gao Gong, Yan Song. In addition, the City Hankou is too close to the coast. You may refer to some Chinese histroy books. After all, your mod is still a brilliant work!

so many problems

first crash on starting camping in empires

second. i tested some custom battles. why the hell i got native american soldiers on the shugnate faction? and whats those mystical ladies on the horse that unit dosent even working its shows ghost horses.

apart from that the few samurai units looks amazing. but plz help me fix those

i do have stainless steel 6.1 too. maybe its what causes it?

uhhhh Installation for Steam users????

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

Same issues as most folks mentioned before...it either crashes on loading with XP .bat/true conquest .bat or it crashes while loading campaign save

Could the fact that I'm running Windows 7 have anything to do with it?
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

EDIT: Wrong thread. Delete this post.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

I'm too cannot extract the 2.1 patch. After that all files of the patch2.1 have zero size. What is it?

How do I download full 2.1?
    Duchy of Croatia in my Total War?! Oh I can't wait for factions unlocker mod!

Quote Originally Posted by familyguy1 View Post
    uhhhh Installation for Steam users????
    I see so many posts like this one all over these forums. Makes me so glad I use the traditional build.