Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Download Mod and Patches, version 2.3.6

Default Re: Download Mod and Patches, version 2.3.6

..dont know what s wrong with it all but when i played the 1547 campain the game always crashes when i get to 1565-1574 depend on which faction i play..and all it said was " Medieval war has stop working for an unspecified errors the game will now close " it doesnt give me anymore infos about the errors..its getting really annoying because i can never finish the game...some one please help!.

mt ga,e starts then crashes. what do i do? im using the launcher and i've uninstalled and reinstalled twice. i even uninstalled steam and reinstalled twice. im sure i followed all the instructions. i wasnt able to use the "steam install" guidelines due to the files not working ( the 3.5 rar pt 1) so i downloaded everything individually and just changed the directory to steam/steamapps/common/medieval/mods/conquest. do all of the files do inside of the conquest mod folder? i placed two into the regular folder.

i just can't make it start, did everything as directed but i get this yellow triangle and just closes off

Hi,

I have installed 2.3.5 version. So also I have downloaded 2.3.6, in which folder should I
    place the data from that patch? Is it the Medieval folder or is it the mods/conquest folder?

Please help! Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; January 05, 2014 at 04:06 PM.

Hey there. I downloaded everything, copied the files into /mods/conquest/data and the base Medieval directory as needed, and then used the updated .bats to try and copy the files. The .bat runs, copies a load of stuff, and then using the Steam launcher I try to load the game like any other mod and it doesn't work. I'm using the conquest.cfg in the /mods/conquest/data folder.

What happens is I get a base Medieval 2 screen with no option to choose a campaign. There's no sound or music. I'm using Windows 8.

I've noticed that there is nothing but a "data" folder in the /mods/conquest directory when I'm done. Is this incorrect? What am I doing wrong?

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Download Mod and Patches

hi thanks for this great mod
    just it has many crashes
    and the link of True Conquest and conquest .bat are bad or dead plz fix it and tell us

thanks and regards

Is there a way to download the different campaigns in the mod separately? I'm using a mac so I can't get the original screen to choose them, which means I can only use the 1547 campaign.

Also, why do I not have the Inca or Cherokee in the 1547 campaign, when the website says they are there? Was it updated?

Which files from the kingdoms patch are needed?
    Last edited by TheGoodOld BritishChap; June 16, 2014 at 08:56 PM.

Hello, I've followed every steps but when I run the .bat file it starts loading and a images pops out but then the game crashes without any error.

Could someone help me, please?

ctd in custom battle... dont know whats the prob with this mod

ctd when i tried to play custom battle in any factions... sorry for double post

couldnt just give us a installer huh

ive done everything i was supposed to installing the game , mod...i always play the 1547 campaign and most of the time i either play the French or Spain, it seems like doesnt matter which faction i play or which turn , the game usually crashes on the end of turn , when my faction starts to control range from 50-70 regions and at the time i normally have a big army also...im not sure what s wrong with the whole thing, but it seems to me like some how the crashes was related to either i have too big of an army or too many regions...first i thought it was the turn numbers...but it does happens at different turns as early as the year of 1568..i notice as soon as i created lots of troops. when i end a turn the game crashes,it shuts it self down and say ..theres an unknown problems causing the program to stop ..i even tried to close the game and then got back on to continue the campaign ..it still does the same thing ,my ambitions is to take conquer the whole world but never able to get there ,...big big turn off and very dissapointed...please help me!.thx

It's a great mod, but I think the 1547 really needs a garrison script. It isn't realistic that places get conquered so quickly, and it is too easy of the player. The Ottoman Empire conquers Africa, Spain conquers/colonises North America, France etc. get destroyed, all in about 10 years.
    i've really enjoyed playing it though. I would make a garrison script myself but I have no idea how.

Take a look at Deus Lo Vult or one of the Third Age submods, they include garrison scripts and should give a guide on how to make a garrison script.

The mod is very unstable, it crashes just about every time when loading battles. I am playing 1400 campaign with Serbia and trying to conquer Temesvar but the
    game crashes every time it starts to load the battle.

This mod is insanely good but it was really complicated to install, it took me 4 tries to get it right.

Hello everyone, i figured that in the mod in custom battles it will crash if you set unit types to "All" eras... leave it in "Early" era, all the units from "High" and "Late" will still appear there.

Those who have the game on STEAM, if you have troubles with running mods, then forget all the complicated workarounds that most of the time don't even work, such as the kingdoms launcher app thing... do the following:
    -Install a mod according to the instructions given by the modder as if you had a normal physical copy of the game, don't forget your folder path might be different from others... but before trying to launch the game make sure to go to the batch file that launches the mod, in this case "conquest VISTA" or "conquest XP" whichever you're running, right click it, Edit, or open the file with notepad. Find the line that will say ":Start kingdoms.exe @conquest.cfg" (should be near the end) and change it to "medieval2.exe @conquest.cfg"... this is because most of the mods are made for the Kingdoms expansion and use kingdoms launcher, but steam does not have a kingdoms launcher.. instead the DLCs are runned by the default medieval2 launcher.

So for this mod just follow the modder's instructions, when you're done with installing (up to today is 2.3.5 and then 2.3.6 patch, in some months time some people might read this and there might be a newer version), edit the .batch file that runs the game (conquest VISTA for me since i have Windows 7), then near the end where it says "kingdoms.exe", change it to "medieval2.exe"... save and enjoy the game.

Tl;Dr
    Every steam user having trouble with mods... edit the .batch files that executes mods, find the line that says for example "kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3\TATW.cfg" and change the "kingdoms.exe" to "medieval2.exe"... the mod should now launch successfully.

Hope I helped.

Gamefront links are dead...

Also there is no 2.3.5 attached to the post.
    Last edited by IGdood; February 21, 2015 at 02:01 PM.

Can someone please help me with the following issue?

I am trying to download the three parts from Gamefront. However, when I click the download button, it keeps saying "this webpage is not available".

Am I the only one who has this problem?

cannot launch of one stupid reason and dosent have the bat file please help me.