Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Screenshots

Looks like a very cool mod. And finally a real world map! Great work

Artifex

Scandinavia can use some correction;

- The lake Vänern (the larger one to the west) should be enlarged to about twice the size. Lake Vättern (the long and narrow one to the east) should be moved east and made twice as long.

- Birka was definitely NOT an important city in medieval times. Birka is the site of a very old settlement and was an important trading post during the viking age, but it's importance had dissapeared before any of the eras campaigns start. Also, from about 1300 the capital of Sweden was Stockholm, which should replace Uppsala (needs to be moved to the south).

- Add lake Mälaren! Stockholm was actually created as a defence at the border of that lake, to stop baltic raiders. It is a very hard lake to add since it is littered with islands and very assymetrical, but it very much deserves a place on the map.

Great work with this mod! You mentioned in another thread how the ai is hard to mod, maybe you could borrow battle ai work from Stainless Steel, Broken Crescent or Third age mod teams (a personal favourite of mine is Germanicus5's ai switching thing)?

Isn't central Europe a bit too littered with cities? Some could maybe be removed to make space for field battles and add cities in India or east Asia?

I can change the name of Swedish cities and move them but the lakes may be difficult because I don't know a lot about Swedish Geography. Can I upload some screenshots of Sweden and have you draw on them how the lakes should look?
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

I have replaced several of the default Middle Eastern ones units with new Rus2 ones
    do you have a permission?
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

I did ask for permission. Though I've replaced most of the Rus2 units with BC ones (also with their permission).

Artifex

Can I upload some screenshots of Sweden and have you draw on them how the lakes should look?
    Yes, I could do that.

Screenshot from my Mongol campaign, besieging a Ghulam town.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

nice mod, but i would do some corrections on baltic map: lake peipus is actually connected with pskov lake through narrow lake and lake pskov is actually little larger. Hiiumaa (northern island in estonia region) is a bit larger too+ theres 2 smaller isles between saaremaa and hiiumaa isles and mainland. also i noticed, that this mod places Estonia region under foreign power too early: Estonia was free til 1227. This mod also places Estonia under russias power too early: Russia captured Estonia (so theyre power here was certain for 200 years) during northern war (1700-1721). also i would add Estonia, Livonia and Finnish factions. if you need any help about history or geography, mail me.

Nice screenshot kdub22.

Quote Originally Posted by Meelis13 View Post
    nice mod, but i would do some corrections on baltic map: lake peipus is actually connected with pskov lake through narrow lake and lake pskov is actually little larger. Hiiumaa (northern island in estonia region) is a bit larger too+ theres 2 smaller isles between saaremaa and hiiumaa isles and mainland. also i noticed, that this mod places Estonia region under foreign power too early: Estonia was free til 1227. This mod also places Estonia under russias power too early: Russia captured Estonia (so theyre power here was certain for 200 years) during northern war (1700-1721). also i would add Estonia, Livonia and Finnish factions. if you need any help about history or geography, mail me.
    I didn't know about the lake linking those two lakes. I'll add it.

Adding small islands is difficult because of the size of the map M2TW uses, so many of the smaller islands don't appear.

The Duchy of Estonia was under Danish control in 1219, so some parts of Estonia were under Danish control.

I don't have any Estonian or Finnish units so I can't make a faction for these units. Also at this time I think they were more like a collection of tribes than a nation. As Livonia only existed as an independent region from 1216-1237, after which time it merged with the Teutonic Order, it's easier to just use the Teutonic Order to represent both factions.

The Ming Emperor tries to flee from the people of the steppe

But there is no escape froom the Kahn's Wrath

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Very nice mind!

A Storm From The East
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 17, 2010 at 01:41 PM.

Mind, are all your Mongol pictures taken as the Northern Yuan, or do you play as other dynasties, as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    Mind, are all your Mongol pictures taken as the Northern Yuan, or do you play as other dynasties, as well?
    Northern Yuan Trying To re-establish the Great Mongol Empire

And if moderators have nothing against i will continue to post some battles from my Yuan Campaign.I can't help it that this mod has so much great battles.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 18, 2010 at 05:12 AM.

Citizen

AAR's are always welcome here

If you'd like, just open a new thread to post all your screenshots in. We'll all be delighted to see them

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    AAR's are always welcome here

If you'd like, just open a new thread to post all your screenshots in. We'll all be delighted to see them
    Unfortunatly it can't be AAR at least not a classic one.I now regret that i didn't documented my campaign it had so so so many great battles and wars...
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 18, 2010 at 04:50 PM.

Citizen

Well, AAR's don' always have to be about entire campaigns. I occassionaly do mine on custom battles that I just randomly do

Screenshot I took earlier during a battle in my Ottoman Empire world campaign.

Citizen

Very nice. I like how you got the whole army in the pic. However, it is a bit too far to see any real detail.

+rep

Subduing the Ottomans and The Peoples Of India
    Even their Elephants are not enough to slow down the Khan's Army

Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 22, 2010 at 02:53 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast