Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1400 Campaign

Default Re: 1400 Campaign

I would appreciate your help Bosnian_King. I am aware of the Tzardoms mod and plan to add their works to my mod.

sportsman81 I can add Bosnia without removing Cyprus.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

I think it is sensible to add Bosnia in this period because it was in hers golden times and also one of the strongest in the Balkans as Bonsnian_King said. But will you do any special units for Bosnia? Because in the 1453 campaign Bosnia has all hungarian units.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I would appreciate your help Bosnian_King. I am aware of the Tzardoms mod and plan to add their works to my mod.

sportsman81 I can add Bosnia without removing Cyprus.
    Well, that's even better!

@uanime5,

I have attached the most detailed map of medieval Bosnia by Bosnian professor Marko Vego containing all medieval periods of Bosnian statehood.

In the next post I will put some of the most important provinces in medieval Bosnia, especially, regarding this 1400 era.

Cheers!
    Last edited by sportsman81; January 21, 2010 at 11:13 PM.

This is a list of most important provinces/castles:
    Bobovac
    Jajce
    Kljuc
    Sokograd
    Srebrnik
    Blagaj

In next post detailed information with pictures and layouts.
    Last edited by sportsman81; January 22, 2010 at 03:01 PM.

Here are the most important provinces/cities//castles/towns/fortresses/fortifications of Bosnia contained in prof. Marko Vego's map:

1.Bobovac-----------YOU MUST SEE THIS SITE---------http://www.bobovac.org/index1_en.html

Bobovac was the most well known and fortified city of medieval Bosnia. It is located in central Bosnia, in a province of Vrhbosna. The city was built during the reign of Stjepan II, Ban of Bosnia, and was first mentioned in a document dating from 1349. It shared the role of seat of the rulers of Bosnia with Kraljeva Sutjeska, however Bobovac was much better fortified than the other.

Bobovac contained the crown jewels of Bosnia as well as being the burial site for some of the kings of Bosnia. These were Stjepan Ostojic, Stjepan Tvrtko II and Stjepan Tomas. There is a grave with a female skeleton next to the grave of King Stjepan Tvrtko II and it is assumed that the grave belongs to Stjepan Tvrtko II's wife, Queen Dorothy. King Stjepan Thomas moved the royal seat to Jajce during his war with the Ottoman Empire. The Ottomans invaded the city in 1463. Its fall hastened their conquest of the entire nation.

Pictures of Bobovac:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Picture of Royal Mausoleum at Bobovac:

Royal mausoleum at Bobovac primarily as a classic church was built for the court's purposes, then in the first decade of the 15th century – under the rule of Stjepan Ostoja – was turned into a churchyard chapel dedicated to St. Michael, patron of chivalry. More at: http://www.bobovac.org/mauzolej_en.html

Layout of Bobovac:

Layout index:
    Kula---------Tower.
    Kapija-------Gates/Entrance.

2.Jajce

Jajce is located in western parts of Bosnia, in a province of Lower Bosnia or Lower Edge of Bosnia. Parish Pliva became possession of noble family Vukcic-Hrvatinic in 1366. However, Jajce in written documents was first metioned 1396 in which Grand Duke Hrvoje Vukcic self-called himself "conte di Jaize" (Count of Jajce). Jajce is also mentioned in 1404 and, in 1411 when in Jajce stayed Hrvoje Vukcic waiting for Hungarian army which marched to subject Bosnian King Stjepan Ostoja. After Hrvoje, Jajce was possessed by Radivoj Jablanovic, and then, it becomes, along Bobovac and Kraljeva Sutjeska, capital city of Bosnian Kings. King Tvrtko II rules in 1423 and in 1431, while, King Tomas often stayes in Jajce in 1444, 1446, 1450 and 1456, and his successor, King Stjepan Tomasevic was crowned in Jajce. During corronation, Stjepan Tomasevic issued five charts to Ragusa. Jajce was conquered in 1463 after the Ottomans already conquered Bobovac and Kljuc. Yet, 1464 Hungarian army with Mathias Corvinus restored Jajce. From 1464 to 1528 Jajce was capital of Banate of Jajce until it was finally conquered by the Ottomans in 1528.

Jajce was first built in the 14th century and served as the capital of the independent Bosnian Kingdom during its time. The town has gates as fortifications, as well as a castle with walls which lead to the various gates around the town. When the Bosnian Kingdom fell to the Ottoman Empire in 1463, Jajce was taken by the Ottomans but was retaken next year by Hungarian King Matthias Corvinus. About 10–20 kilometres from the Jajce lies the Komotin castle and town area which is older but smaller than Jajce. It is believed the town of Jajce was previously Komotin but was moved after the black death.
    During this period, Bosnian Queen Katarina Kosaca Kotromanic restored the Church of Saint Luke in Jajce, today the oldest church in town. Eventually, in 1527/8, Jajce became the last Bosnian town to fall to Ottoman rule.

Pictures of Jajce:

Tower of Saint Luke's Church in Jajce and historical medieval center of Jajce:

Layout of Jajce:

Layout index:
    Kastel-------------- Castle.
    Veliki Bastion--------Large/Big/Great Bastion.
    Podebljani zidovi-----Double/triple fortified walls.

3.Kljuc

Kljuc is located in north-west Bosnia, in a province Lower Bosnia or Lower Edge of Bosnia. It was first mentioned in 1322 as a possession of Grand Duke Hrvoje Vukcic Hrvatinic, but till the 14th century it was considered Hungarian territory. It was also mentioned in 1363 and, in 13th of June 1413 Duke Vuk Vukcic in Kljuc issues a charter. Kljuc had a subtown called Podkljuc which was mentioned 1322 and 1325 during Ban Stjepan Kotromanic rule. When Kljuc was conquered in 1463 by the Ottomans, in Kljuc was last Bosnian King Stjepan Tomasevic who was executed by sultan Mehmed II The Conquerer.

Kljuc was, also, a residence of Grand Duke of Bosnia Sandalj Hranic Kosaca and his most important city where he issued many charters. Sandalj Hranic Kosaca's successor Grand Duke of Bosnia Stjepan Vukcic Kosaca also stayed in Kljuc where he welcomed diplomats, although, his capital was Blagaj in Hum. Stjepan Vukcic's son Vlatko Heercegovic manages Kljuc from 1464 till 1468, when in 1469 it falls under the Ottomans again.

Pictures of Kljuc:

Layout of Kljuc (from a Turkish period, but it was not changed a lot from medieval period):

Layout index:
    Kljuc na Sani-Turski grad----Kljuc on River Sana-Turkish town.
    Obor-----------------------Wall.
    Kapija----------------------Gates/Entrance.
    Kula------------------------Tower.

4.Sokograd

Sokograd on River Pliva, was first metioned in 1357, but it is not known for sure when it was first built. Sokograd is positioned in western parts of Bosnia, in a province called Lower Bosnia or Lower Edges of Bosnia. Below/under town of Sokol (Sokograd) in 1363, first Bosnian King (in that time, still Ban), with help from Ban of Croatia, Duke of Split (Spalato) and Grand Duke of Bosnia Hrvoje Vukcic Hrvatinic, defeated Hungarian King Ludovic The Great. In favor of that in 1366, Tvrtko donated Sokograda and entire parish of Pliva to Grand Duke Vukcic Hrvatinic. In 1463 Sokograd, among most of other Bosnian castles, was conquered by the Ottomans.

Layout "one" of Sokograd:

Layout index:
    Sokograd na Plivi/Sokol na Plivi--------Sokograd on River Pliva.
    Gornji grad---------------------------Upper town.
    Donji grad----------------------------Lower Town.

Layout "two" of Sokograd:

Layout index:
    Tlocrt starog grada Sokola--------------Layout of Old town of SokogradSokol.
    Gornji grad-----------------------------Upper town.
    Donji grad------------------------------Lower town.

5.Srebrnik

Srebrnik/Srebrenik is positioned on north-eastern parts of Bosnia in a province called Usora or Soli. It was first mentioned 15 February 1933 when the town was under the reign of viceroy Stjepan II Kotromanic (1314-1353). Delegation from Dubrovnik's Republic that day came in Srebrnik where viceroy Stjepan II Kotromanic "under the town of Srebrnik" issued a charter to Dubrovnik's Republic in which he confirmed their possesion in Stone's cape. Viceroy Stjepan II Kotromanic got son so those days were big feasts.
    During the reign of Tvrtko I Bosnia was at the peak of it's power. After his death Hungary conquered Srebrnik for the first time. But several times Srebrnik managed to become free from Hungary until the second part of 14th century. Early in 1463 the Ottoman Empire conquered Srebrnik for the first time altogether with 117 Bosnian fortifications but in autumn 1463 Hungary took away Srebrnik again. Two years later Srebrnik became the center of bannat which included following towns: Tesanj, Soko, Barka (Brcko), Waja (unknown), Teocak & Gradacac. The bannat was under the rule of Matija Korvin until 1512 when the Ottoman Empire made, not numerious but brave army to capitulate.

Srebrnik castle (pictures):

Layout of Srebrnik:

Layout index:
    Zgrada--------------------Building.
    Kula-----------------------Tower.
    Catrnja--------------------Water well/source.
    Gornji obor-----------------Uper wall.
    Donji obor------------------Lower wall.
    Soba-----------------------Room.
    Vrt-------------------------Garden.
    Kapikula--------------------Tower with gates/entrance.
    Kula s mostom--------------Tower with a bridge.
    Tajni ulaz-------------------Secret gates/entrance.

6.Blagaj

Blagaj is positioned in southern Bosnia, in a province called Hum or Zahumlje. Blagaj was mentioned in 1220 during a battle between Zupan of Rashka Stefan Nemanja and Zupan of Hum Petar. Ban Stjepan II Kotromanic welcomed in Blagaj diplomats from Ragusa and, King Tvrtko in 02.12.1382. issued a charter to Republic of Ragusa. Later in Blagaj, were King Dabisa 1395 and King Ostoja in 1399, 1403 and 1404.

Blagaj was a capital city of Bosnian noble House of Kosaca (1.Grand Duke of Bosnia, Lord of Hum/Zahumlje and Primorje and also Herzog of Saint Sava Stjepan Vukcic Kosaca; 2.Queen of Bosnia and daughter of Stjepan Vukcic is Katarina Kosaca Kotromanic;3.ruler of Hum/Zahumlje Vladislav Hercegovic, son of Stjepan Vukcic; 4.Grand Duke of Hum Sandalj Hranic Kosaca, Grand Duke of Hum Vlatko Vukovic Kosaca etc). Blagaj was eventually conquered by the Ottoman in 1465. But, entire Duchy of Hum/Zahumlje was, at last, conquered in 1482 by the Ottomans when town of Novi was conquered (Herceg-Novi).

Blagaj castle (pictures):

Layout of Blagaj (in a Turkish period, but there have not been great changes):

Layout index:
    Izlaz-----------------Exit.
    Ulaz-----------------Entrance.
    Branik----------------Defense wall/bumper.
    Catrnja---------------Water well/source.
    Obor-----------------Zid.
    Palaca---------------Palace.
    Predvorje------------Lobby.
    Kuca----------------House.
    Stit-----------------"Shield" wall/defense wall.
    Doksat--------------Porch.
    Dzamija--------------Mosque.
    Kapikula--------------Tower with gates/entrance.
    Tamnica--------------Dungeon/Jail/Prison.
    Last edited by sportsman81; January 22, 2010 at 02:58 PM.

sportsman81 while I appreciate the information I can't add any more provinces to this area. Not only am I at my region limit but the small size of this area in a map covering Europe, North Africa, and the Near East makes it exceptionally difficult to add anywhere else

OK, add what you can. I understand. Btw, is there gonna be only one province or more for Bosnia? If it's one, choose Bobovac. Also, I wanted to ask you something else. Is it late or is it possible to integrate a new religion for Bosnia since Tsardoms team has made a great work about this issue?! The new religion would be called "krstjani" like in Tsardoms with Bosnian state church called "Bosnian Church" and with Bosnian Pope called "Djed" (Grandfather) and with archbishop called "Veliki Gost" (Great/Big Guest) and bishop called "Veliki Starac" (Great/Big Ancient) etc. For beginning, you can find many infos about this issue in Tsardoms and I will later post much more infos.

Hierarchy of Bosnian Church:

Interpretation:

DJED CRKVE BOSANSKE = Grandfather of Bosnian Church
    VELIKI GOST = Big Guest
    VELIKI STARAC = Big Ancient
    GOSTI - APOSTOLI = Guests - Apostles
    KRSTJANI I KRSTJANICE = Male & Female Christians
    POSTNICI I OCENASCI = Fasteners & Our fathers
    VJERNICI = Believers
    TUMAC = Legend
    POSTANAK = Promotion
    VLAST = Authorities
    REDJENICI = Ordainees
    Last edited by sportsman81; January 22, 2010 at 07:08 PM.

I could add a new religion for Bosnia but as every other faction would be a different religion you would suffer massive religious unrest from everywhere you conquered.

"Religious unrest"-well, that's the point of that to make it more interesting and not easy to convert and keep under rule after conquering. You know what I mean. So, If you decide to add a religion for Bosnia tell me to post infos about it. I hope you will!
    Cheers!

p.s.
    Roughly, in a percentage, how is going the next version you are working on?
    Last edited by sportsman81; January 22, 2010 at 06:23 PM.

It's difficult to calculate how much needs to be done as it depends heavily on when Tzardoms released its units and what units they release. At present I've almost finished the 970 campaign but haven't started on any of the others (there's no point working on any other campaigns until I've finalised my tech tree and decided what units will be included). Currently I'd say I'm at 8% done but once I've finished the tech tree and the unit list I should be able to update the rest of the campaigns fairly rapidly.

If you decide to put a new religion for Bosnia, here are the names of Bosnian Popes (Djed-Grandfather):

Jeremija (about 1010-1024);
    Azarija (about 1024-1038);
    Kuklec (about 1038-1052);
    Ivan (about 1052-1066);
    Godin (about 1066-1080);
    Tisemir (about 1080-1094);
    Didodrag (about 1094-1108);
    Bucina (about 1108-1122);
    Krac (about 1122-1136);
    Bratic (about 1136-1150);
    Budislav (about 1150-1164);
    Dragos (about 1164-1181);
    Dragic (about 1182-1205);
    Lubin (about 1205-1215);
    Drazeta (about 1215-1220);
    Tomisa (about 1220-1223);
    Rastudije (about 1228-1230);
    Radoje (about 1230-1244);
    Radovan (about 1244-1258);
    Radovan II (about 1258-1272);
    Hlapoje (about 1272-1286);
    Dragost (about 1286-1300);
    Povrzen (about 1300-1314);
    Radoslav (about 1314-1328);
    Radoslav II (about 1328-1342);
    Miroslav (about 1342-1356);
    Boleslav (about 1356-1370);
    Ratko (about 1370-1393-X);
    Radomir (about 1400-1414);
    Mirohna (about 1414-1430);
    Miloje (about 1430-1450);
    Ratko II (about 1450-1465);
    Unknown Djed-Grandfather (about 1465-1480);

Btw, The most famous Veliki Gost-Big Guest is Gost/Guest Radin (about 1450-????).
    Last edited by sportsman81; January 24, 2010 at 12:33 PM.

These are some medieval movies that I found on youtube about Bosnia, may be you can use them in mod as trailers for Bosnia or smth like that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHHRQ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OTPS...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzLVj...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2l59...eature=related

Also, about medieval Croatia & Serbia a movie and about Serbia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7NXD...video_response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj_oI...eature=related
    Last edited by sportsman81; January 25, 2010 at 10:26 PM.

Bosnae's Avatar Tiro

Listen Sportsmen pics of castles in Bosnia and that stuff are really not needed i think uanime5, simple needs somethin' direct like an list with Provinces for Bosnia:
    Well i don't know how much free provinces you have uanime but for Bosnia 2 provinces would be enough Vrhbosna(Bobovac) and Hum(Blagaj) and if there is still one province slot free add Usor i Soli (Srebrenik) thats it you can take some of the Bosnian Units from Tsardoms, (I think the Vlastela were finished, as far as i remember? i can also be wrong dunno) however I haven't played Eras (I'm dowloading it right now) i can't say would you would have to add more, well it would be nice if you could add the Bosnian Church like we intended to to so in Tsardoms, but i don't know how much religion slots you have left free

Yes Tsardoms units are great, please look at the end...
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=188390&page=4

mircea's Avatar Biarchus

Very nice mod, I especially like the multi-era feature

I would have only one larger suggestion. You should definitely add Wallachia or Moldavia. The two states were among the most powerful Christian states in Balkans starting with the end of XIV. Not only they manged to outlive all the other states in the region, but they even managed to survive the Ottoman onslaught, and in they even defeated severely those that tried to conquer them, such was the case of theBattle of Rovine, Battle of Posada, The Night Attack, Battle of Călugăreni, Battle of Vaslui(one of the worst tactical defeates ever suffered by Ottomans) , Battle of Baia,Battle of Cosmin Forest, Battle of Lipnic, etc.

You could include it in all eras starting with 1400 (probably even sooner, from XIV century) as a very hard faction.

By the way, I'll gladly help you with research for this faction

Cheers

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

He would have to remove a faction in order to add Wallachia or Moldavia.

Actually I do have some faction slots in the 1400 campaign (but not the 1300, 1347, or 1453 campaigns), however adding more factions is difficult due to the limit on factions symbols. I also don't have any units, strat models, or generals for these factions so until Tzardoms comes out it will be difficult to add these factions.

Why is just 25 factions in this campaign? That's weird!!!
    If you had 5 free slots, you had to add these factions: Kingdom of Naples, Republic of Florence, Kingdom of Sicily, and adding Kingdom of Norway, Kingdom of Sweden and Kingdom of Denmark separately instead of Kalmar Union or adding Kingdom of Ireland or Principality of Wallachia...
    Many factions to choose...

Quote Originally Posted by sportsman81 View Post
    Why is just 25 factions in this campaign? That's weird!!!
    If you had 5 free slots, you had to add these factions: Kingdom of Naples, Republic of Florence, Kingdom of Sicily, and adding Kingdom of Norway, Kingdom of Sweden and Kingdom of Denmark separately instead of Kalmar Union or adding Kingdom of Ireland or Principality of Wallachia...
    Many factions to choose...
    Many of the early factions were absorbed by the start of the 1400 and 1453 campaigns so they had a lot of space for extra factions.

I again forgot the Golden Horde. I also haven't listed the Aztecs because they're not a playable faction, so there are only 3 free faction slots.

As the Kingdom of Naples was under the rule of the Holy Roman Empire and often the Holy Roman Emperor was the King of Naples making it independent is problematic. Similarly the Kingdom of Sicily was ruled by relatives of the King of Aragon, then became part of the Crown of Aragon in 1409 so making it independent is also problematic.

Similarly Denmark, Norway, and Sweden all had the same King during this time period under the terms of the Kalmar Treaty so I can't represent them as 3 factions.

Though Ireland was semi-autonomous it wasn't independent during this period, so I don't plan to include it.

I have no objections to the Republic of Florence but it will probably end up being very similar to all the other Italian City states.

I also have no objection to Wallachia or Moldavia but I don't have any units I can give them. I also don't have banners or faction symbols so until Tzardoms is released I can't add them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast