Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 1547 Camapign (Empires)

Default Re: 1547 Camapign (Empires)

Overall a very good mod BUT... (yeah, yeah. Here i come) the koreans are way to easy to defeat. You could just walk through there villages like it's nothing!

According to my researcher during this time period Korea relied on the Chinese army to protect them from invasions. However they did have a strong navy to protect them from Japanese pirates.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Well they don't use them well then
    Also maybe you could add some support units for korea BUT only if they keep being an ally of the ming dynasty else they will lose these units. This will make the koreans a bit stronger and less likely to fall victim to japan.

Could this be possible?

If so i thought about adding the iron troops and maybe some lancers.

edit: i think it is possible because they have done that with american kingdoms expantion. When the spaniards allied with tlaxcallan or aztec they could train tlaxcallan warriors (or aztec warriors)
    Last edited by tianzong; April 10, 2012 at 09:09 AM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Updated the campaign map preview

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Updated the campaign map preview
    I personally think that all the screenshots should be redone, due to the fact that the map has changed somewhat since this thread was made.

I'd personally do it for you, but I cannot edit posts.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Wetblowdryer View Post
    I personally think that all the screenshots should be redone, due to the fact that the map has changed somewhat since this thread was made.

I'd personally do it for you, but I cannot edit posts.
    The latest version of the map is in the first post

Can someone tell me how to play the other campaigns. I mean, automatically it goes to 1543, which I LOVE, but how do I play the others? Like: 970, 1500 and the others.

You go to the directory where you instaled M2TW and run conquest VISTA if you have win 7/Vista/8 and if you have XP run conquest XP
    The true conquest one just runs the previus campaing you have loaded via the conquest Vista/XP
    I hope i helped because i have no idead what to do if this is not the problem you are facing

Is it possible for European powers to recruit colonial units overseas? I'm playing a campaign as spain, and have been finding it annoying to solely rely on indigenous units in the Americas and the Philippines.

The map is fantastic, though Spain did not get Louisiana until after the Seven Years war.

Very fun campaign! Thanks to the people that made it. I like to play it with the fog of war covering the whole globe.
    I've also reduced Spain's settlements in North America to villages, and removed the armies there, which I recommend, to stop them conquering the continent too quickly.

I have a few questions (sorry)
    Were the Cherokee and Inca there before or after this version? I'd quite like to have them in the campaign, so I just wondered where I might find that version (depending on which factions they replace).
    What are the 'local populations'? How do I build a settlement there?
    When does the campaign end?
    How can I turn on hordes for factions, to stop them dying so easily?
    Is it possible to copy the ancillaries from another mod and add them to this one?
    Thanks
    Last edited by TheGoodOld BritishChap; June 17, 2014 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodOld BritishChap View Post
    Very fun campaign! Thanks to the people that made it. I like to play it with the fog of war covering the whole globe.
    I've also reduced Spain's settlements in North America to villages, and removed the armies there, which I recommend, to stop them conquering the continent too quickly.

I have a few questions (sorry)
    Were the Cherokee and Inca there before or after this version? I'd quite like to have them in the campaign, so I just wondered where I might find that version (depending on which factions they replace).
    What are the 'local populations'? How do I build a settlement there?
    When does the campaign end?
    Why can't I form marriage alliances?
    Thanks
    Likewise. The Kingdom of Spain is too overpowered. The logical thing to do was right away vastly mod this campaign. It's time consuming though. There would be terrible disorder in the New World and a very real inability to get the conquered Native American and Mestizo population to work with you. It's not that they totally lack technology, for remarkable infrastructure occurred especially in South and Central America with stone edifices. Lots of rebellion and uprisings also, but the caliber of the New World rebels would be rather weak: no cavalry forever since horse are imported and then adapt to the New World, plus obvious weakness against gunpowder troops in history (until they gain them by stealing and trading for them).

Another thing to try is turning on hording, otherwise too many kingdoms simply disintegrate. The earlier 1326 campaign is better, but a world mod like ERAs is admirable...and ideal if the MTW2 Kingdoms memory editting project works to bypass region and unit limits. One could easily transform this mod into something like Europa Universalis.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; June 13, 2014 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks. How do I turn on hoarding?

I've enjoyed it a lot so far, but what's the explanation on the, for lack of a better word, anime units? They seem very out of place and compared to the other stuff and, to my knowledge, can't be accessed in the campaign. Any chance of having them removed and replaced with some stuff to bulk out some rosters? Tibet seems to be suffering from a lack of units and could use up the freed slots from the removal of angel princeps and death knights.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodOld BritishChap View Post
    Thanks. How do I turn on hoarding?
    PM me and I will explain how to turn on hording. It's an easy thing to do, but that's really a modding question and inappropriate to this particular topic.

A major part of the game is modding it to tune it to your interests and to make the AI respond in a challenging way that's also fun. I'd urge you to spend some time in the MTW 2 Workshop in order to learn how to do this and to tweek this mod to get it to be far more challenging. Also by looking behind the curtain at the modifiable files, you might see the merit of not modding certain things that have been finely balanced.

For everyone who doesn't understand what we're discussing, it's a way that the AI can flee from their capitol when it's lost, and as such continue to fight on. That's far closer to reality as usually in history those kingdoms didn't get eliminated and it was very rare for any kingdom to control vast swaths of terrain. A world mod like ERAs is particularly enjoyable since you can fight against diverse troops, but I believe it's highly unrealistic to imagine certain Kingdoms like Japan (Nippon) could ever conquer Korea... much less China.

But....it did rarely happen with the Spanish, the Mongols, the Ottomans, and so forth, so turning on hording makes the chances of complete victory to be far less possible, but not beyond plausibility.
    In the spirit of that realism, one thing you can do is add a whole lot of stone forts to the map and make upkeep to be practically nothing. This allows for huge numbers of troops, but means a massive cost when not within the fort. Thus war is still terribly expensive and limited with soldiers deployed for invasion, but then allows for humongous battles, but only if you build up those soldiers over time. Since currently there are real limits on regions, then having lots of stone forts (initially full of rebels configured in the descr_strat), then Japan has to clear out all of the other clans and consolidate power before even considering Korea and on to China. The earliest time it would be possible for a successful Korean invasion would be after Sekigahara. By doing this and turning devastation MASSIVELY HIGH, then the AI will clear out those new rebel forts and concentrate on infrastructure and not on conquering new territory.

The 1326 campaign with an EMPIRES map properly configured as above, say from 1100 or so, would make for an EPIC game lasting many hundreds of turns in which slowly but surely the player and AI could gain territory and confront one another. In addition, adding in rebellion from the leadership being very chivalrous versus the governors being sometimes full of dread (or vice versa) would lead to far more rebellion, and so constantly upset the plans for world domination.

In that kind of mod, then perhaps the Mongols invade Japan, and take out the capitol at Kyoto, but the player retreats to the South or North and eventually displaces the Mongols. The Mongols don't seem strong enough currently, despite being a powerhouse with horse archers. Their horses were far better than the Japanese.

That's why with the memory editing project, with far more units and regions, then the EMPIRES campaign reconfigured would be like practically playing a new game, no longer MTW 2 Kingdoms, but something with many more possibilities. I wonder though, how many people would have the patience to play a game with many hundreds of turns?
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; June 27, 2014 at 06:20 PM.

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

Where is the download link?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567