Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you Do/Job/School?

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Default What do you Do/Job/School?

Just curious as to what we all do....

Im a Customs Broker in NZ... Um kinda hard to explain, but when goods are imported/exported I clear them through customs, determining duties and GST and tariffs etc.

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida España, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

Default Re: What do you Do/Job/School?

so basically you remove all the incoming drugs and keep for yourself =) jajaj

well im studying atm, when summer ends ill be doing my last year in school, stuydying the spanish system, doing my uni entrance exam-

then 1 will have a gap year, train, goi to the gym, swimming pool, run etc, and then i will enlist in the Infanteria de Marina, hpefully i will upgrade to seargent after 3 year service and possibly opt for officer school. also the unit i am aming to go into is the SERECO (Recon seccion), where THEY choose YOU! cant get in other wise. so hopefully i will need to excell for that

Praepositus

awesome... gonna be part of the Spanish marines???

Haha sadly no... I rarely see the goods. its more of a technicail law type thing lol. Good money however... And I do get to go down to port and go on the massive vessels which is pretty fun....

yeah I wanted to join our air force as a pilot when I was younger... but we had this of a Prime Minister (Hellen Clark) and she sold off our jets and cancelled a deal to get F16, so when I was ready to join we basically had no airforce left.

Thought about the Army but cause we are so small theres no real career in it... would have been awesome to go SAS though, we have one of the best in the world...

Good luck in your Military Career

Quote Originally Posted by am.az View Post
    awesome... gonna be part of the Spanish marines???
    well, marines is more of a anglosaxon term, but yes basically, i prefer the term naval/marine infantry since we invented "marines" xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Haha sadly no... I rarely see the goods. its more of a technicail law type thing
    lol. Good money however... And I do get to go down to port and go on the massive vessels which is pretty fun....

yeah I wanted to join our air force as a pilot when I was younger... but we had this of a Prime Minister (Hellen Clark) and she sold off our jets and cancelled a deal to get F16, so when I was ready to join we basically had no airforce left.

Thought about the Army but cause we are so small theres no real career in it... would have been awesome to go SAS though, we have one of the best in the world...

Good luck in your Military Career
    thanks m8, politicians (especially throught spanish history) are nad have been the worst enemy of the armed forces, here basically its crap atm, we have a WOMAN defense minsiter, with no armed forces experience and is know to be a catalan indepedance supporter. also you know this new flu going arround? well one of our engeneer bases got infected, got osrted out, ok something can go wrong. i know learn today that our base in AFGHANISTAN has got infected aswell, now how the F can that happen? xDDDD. god , plus we only spend like 1% of the countrys budget on the armed forces, when it need to be minmum 1.5, idealy 2. our armies have very modern equipment and in max 10 years i would say will be fully ready with all the ongoing programs...but hey. i just can w8 to get rid of this woman jaja

plus i see your prime minister was a woman aswell, coincidence? IMO woman should be very carefully chosen to lead armed forces or decide upon them, that is my honist opinion and im no sexist, its been proven)

Well she finally got kickout in the recent election thank god lol... But yeah the guy in now I like so hopefully he can turn it around... But its already too late for me...

Well she finally got kickout in the recent election thank god lol... But yeah the guy in now I like so hopefully he can turn it around... But its already too late for me...

still, as far as you enjoy your present job, and the money is good jaja you can be proud of what you do! i know im proud of you!!! protecting your citizens of illegal merchandise

Haha yeah its a great job lol.... plus only intelligent people can do it hehe.

Just would have been awesome to be a F16 pilot lol.

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

I dropped out of college, and now serve as in the U.S Marines as a rifleman. I've done one one combat deploymens to Iraq, and have one left to go in Afghanistan. Last year I was the RTO ( the guy who carries the radio). Only 18 months till im a civilian

Do you not want to stay in?

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

Hell no. I just want to do my four years and go back to regular life.
    Don't get me wrong I dont hate it by any means, I've the best/worst and most unique experiences of my life here, but Its not what I plan on doing with the rest of my life

Semper Fidelis my friend ! from a future marine to another!

RomanGuy's Avatar Tiro

I am studying at a university in the US to be an entomologist (insect scientist).
    "Veni, vidi, vici"
    "I came, I saw, I conquered"
    -Gaius Julius Caesar

im still in high school! currently summer vacations

Nice.... those were the days lol.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

I am a Network Engineer for the local university here -- my department handles continuing education and classes for students who know english as a second language.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

A network engineer lol where were you at all those LAN parties I had when I was younger lol.... Where it takes like 3 hours just to set up lol.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

A network engineer lol where were you at all those LAN parties I had when I was younger lol.... Where it takes like 3 hours just to set up lol.
    LOL!

Maybe not the ones you grew up with but certainly at a few some people have grown up with!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Im in the U.S. Army. Been in for 9 years and i guess ill just stay in for 20 and retire, unless something else good comes along. Right now im working in a Brigadier Generals Staff. This summer i will be changing my job to go Cryptologic Linguist.

Man so many military people here...

Whats ya rank Burnoutfigs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast