Thread: what is MTW directory

Default what is MTW directory

what and where is medeival II directory ?

Default Re: what is MTW directory

theres another problem , when i launch the mod it opens a black screen for lesser than half a second and closes immediately

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

The official path is C:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War. If you installed the game in another location, you have to tell the installer where. The blck screen says it can't find the the Medieval II Total War folder. It has be in that folder, no matter what you name it before installing the mod, as it still uses the vanilla .exe and game files.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    The official path is C:\Program Files\Medieval II Total War. If you installed the game in another location, you have to tell the installer where. The blck screen says it can't find the the Medieval II Total War folder. It has be in that folder, no matter what you name it before installing the mod, as it still uses the vanilla .exe and game files.

i installed medieval II in E not C because C is full

i found medieval2 in E but its not in a file , that means i have no directory ?

The installer is easy.

When you get to the page asking you where to install it, to the right is a little browse icon. Just use it to find your E: and the Medieval II Total War directory. It will install it there but you have to tell it.

medieval2 is there but its not in a file ... i mean when i click on it it starts the game , it has to be in a file

nevermind it works now , thank you so much for your help

i have 1 last question : does ti effect my game when i uninstall the mod ?

Unfortunately, yes as it does overwrite some of the original files.

I am trying to get this modfoldered but right now not havig much luck.

good luck with that , i bet empire is taking alot of your time

may i ask what are those files and which ones are important ?

I'm only in Empire's Tech forum. My spare time is still spent trying to work out the glitches of this mod. The Council here has made me a Junior Moderator over all three thech forums and the local moderator for this mod so I stay busy. If you have any input, I'm willing to listen. It might take two years to implement it but I will listen.

i have nothing really to say , you've worked very hard for this mod if i were you i would get bored before i even start

the papal states are very annoying in this mod , playing as sicily , milan or venice is very hard because i almost always get excommunicated

Quote Originally Posted by garudamon11 View Post
    the papal states are very annoying in this mod , playing as sicily , milan or venice is very hard because i almost always get excommunicated
    It's not the mod, it's the game. Anytime the Pope decides it's time for the Papal States to grow, somebody close gets excommunicated, usually Genoa/Milan first. It's been that way since the game was first released. If you're playing Milan, Sicily, or Venice, give the Pope massive amounts of cash and any territory you conquer, give it to him. This will stall him for a while.

too bad you cant kill the papal states =O

Whether we like it or not, The history of Europe during that period revolved around the Pope and whose strings he was pulling.

I am sure there is a way. The Broken Crescent mod deals with him from a Middle Eaestern view. There are fantasy mods like Third Age that seem to have found a way. The best way i know and keep him around for history sake is in the diplomacy text files but I don't have time right now.