Thread: Help Adding Sound FX

Icon4 Help Adding Sound FX

so I would like to venture into the art of modding and I think my first step would be
    to add the audio/words "fire" (or whatever lang) right before the muskets actually fire to basically
    give the effect that the officer is actually doing his job ya know?

I would of course gather various
    audio files (or make my own in home studio) in whatever format nessecary.

I would give multiple
    versions to each faction so that it wasnt the same old annoying guy yelling the same thing every time.
    I have looked around for mods like this and I havent quite found the golden ticket yet.

Could someone help me do this or atleast tell me if its possible?

would be great if someone could do animations.
    have the officer swing his sword and yell whetever commands etc.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob
    and insult extraordinaire

JayMac's Avatar Civis

Icon4 Re: Help Adding Sound FX

Here's my idea, I apparently have no skills because I have been trying this for a while, but...

In the voices pack, under actor_4 there are three sound files: loading_animation_vo_2; loading_animation_vo_3; and loading_animation_vo_4- in those files is an officer shouting: 2: "make ready" 3: "Aim" 4: "Fire"

If you were able to combine those sounds together into one file (I don't know how to do this) that's a start.

Then my idea is to take that sound file and replace the sound file:emp_cus_snare_fire_01_v1.00_gme under the field musicians in the sound_music file.

I tried to do this following Brigadier's instructions but to know avail. If you have computer skill, maybe you can do it.