Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ARDA: total war released!

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: ARDA: total war released!

Quote Originally Posted by Bercor View Post
    Vanyar Elves are only playable through the War of Wrath script, not an active campaign faction. Nothing against lore in there. Elves from Khazad-Dum? Maybe you meant Dwarves. What's wrong with them? Our map originally was intended to go as further as Eryn Galen, so it would be make no sense not to include them .
    I was talking about Silmarillion Total War(maybe it's not called in this way) that should have implemented only the First Age of the Middle Earth(Quenta Silmarillion that's the name! XD)
    That have playable even the Vanyarin Elves and Dwarves from Khazad-Dum and other factions that were not in the history of the Beleriand nor never came there :/
    However it's a good mod ^^

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    was talking about Silmarillion Total War(maybe it's not called in this way) that should have implemented only the First Age of the Middle Earth(Quenta Silmarillion that's the name! XD)
    So was I .

have playable even the Vanyarin Elves and Dwarves from Khazad-Dum and other factions that were not in the history of the Beleriand nor never came there :/
    I think that you're making the mistake of assuming that the map would, originally, be only Beleriand, which is wrong, because it was going to be extended as further as Eryn Galen, including Moria on the map, for example. That's why we had the Khazad-Dum faction. However, we decided that we are only going to have Beleriand on the map, so the Khazad-Dum faction is gone. The Vanyarin elves will remain as part of the War of the Wrath script, as they did come to Beleriand, lore-wise.

However it's a good mod ^^
    I don't know how you can say that, as the mod wasn't released yet .

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Bercor View Post
    So was I .

I think that you're making the mistake of assuming that the map would, originally, be only Beleriand, which is wrong, because it was going to be extended as further as Eryn Galen, including Moria on the map, for example. That's why we had the Khazad-Dum faction. However, we decided that we are only going to have Beleriand on the map, so the Khazad-Dum faction is gone. The Vanyarin elves will remain as part of the War of the Wrath script, as they did come to Beleriand, lore-wise.

I don't know how you can say that, as the mod wasn't released yet .
    I had a Beta Version of it =P
    That's why I'm talking in this way u.u
    and from the Beta there was only the Beleriand, but some other factions(the one I said they could not be in the mod due to what one of your member told me) still were in the game

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Gollum♔ View Post
    this is actualy not so new idea, and the mod is almost done. but if i whant sub forum i need to post the mod here, but im too lazy for this(and it is too mach previews for this poor topic). so i will give you a link for the forum that have the information and previews: http://lotr-tw.net/viewforum.php?f=24

the feathers:

colonies option:if you capture a region in a far land you can us some of the native units
    there are "tips" insted of quotes (in the loading screen)
    21 factions
    440 units
    balrog and ather maiars

the faction list:
    Humen\numenor factions
    1the numenor realms of middle-eart (gondor)
    2numenor
    3Rhovanion
    4dunland
    5 the numenor realms of middle-eart (arnor)
    Elves factions
    6noldor
    7mirkwood
    8teleri
    9elves of the golden forest
    10valinor
    Wicked man factions
    11harad
    12rhun
    13umbar
    14dark numenors
    15wicked man of the far desert
    Dwarves factions
    16Kingdom of moria
    17Dwarves of the gray hills
    18Dwarves of ered luin
    Orcs factions
    19Mordor
    20Orc rebels

released!:
    Download those two files:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T16QGB7K
    http://www.filefront.com/15216953/arda.part2.rar

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Arda-TW alpha
    1. You must first have Rome Total War: Alexander .exe. Either by instilling Alexander.
    2. Unzip arda: tw1.7z
    3. Put the files in \Rome - Total War\alexander\arda
    4. Once installed right-click and drag your RomeTW-ALX.exe to the desktop and Create Shorcut
    5. Right-click on the new short-cut and choose Properties
    6. In the "Target" window in properties, ADD this line at the end (there is a space before the dash -):
    -mod:alexander/arda so the line may look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:alexander/arda

note that it may not look exactly as that. DO NOT CHANGE OR DELETE ANYTHING BETWEEN THE QUOTATION MARKS.

7. Once done, right-click again on the short-cut and rename it to Arda-TW

You're done and can play "Arda: total war” alpha version.

8. Optional: you can use the icon I made, simply Right-click on the new short-cut and choose Properties, then “change icon” use the icon in the folder \alexander\arda\icon.ico

Have fun and post feedback here!

Please be advised that this mod is still in the alpha stages and some things are still missing and incomplete.

Important!: I also included the campaign template, so any Modder that wishes to help me can try and finish him. If you need me to tell you were each faction should be located, PM me.
    Can you please reupload the links they do not work anymore.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345