Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Cato/Equestris

Default Re: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Cato/Equestris

A letter again comes from another slave.

Senators I have effectively bribed off all my opposers in the army. I am tired of the corruption of the senate and as soon as I save our people from the threat of Carthage I will march the army on Rome. I do not wish though to shed any blood, take off your smirks from your faces and let a saviour to actually have honor for once in their life. I demand the spot of dictator when I return, this may be in a year or two. Don't think I am a tyrant, that is the last thing I want. I am merely ending the never ending arguments from incompetent men in the senate office. I hope my cousin in the senate will support me, also.

My last bit of money I have for now will be used to see that you guys can effectively support me. Its 10,000 denarii for all of you to spend at will.

The republics saviour,
    Quintus Julius Equestris

Pallas stands in rage.

Bribes, bribes! He has bribed his legates, bought off the army that was never his to start with. He calls us corrupt yet he doles out money to silence opposition. Senators, he has threatened to march on Rome. He demands dictatorship. And you would stand here and not call for proscriptions? We are not applying such an act against him, we are applying this to the families of his officers.

Herrenius, you recall the circumstances of my father, yet were he here to see just what sort of men have taken power, you know he would call for what I am demanding.

Marcus Julius, how much has Equestris offered you to side with him? How much money has he already given you so that you can reap a fat profit when he returns? Rome is being threatened, not by external foes but by her own sons. This is no time for niceities to be observed, this is a time for desperate measures.

You would all suspend liberty in exchange for gold? You would be corrupted by a man whose pure intention is to rule like a king? If I must execute all of Rome to save her then I shall do just that. But I will not let you stand here and watch all that our ancestors build and fought for fade back into the hands of a king!

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Senator Rutulus mind your self in your excitment. I do not wish to hear threats from anyone.

Lucius Flavius looks around at the rest of the senate

However i have to agree with his comments. We can not allow the consul to insult us and destroy our democracy

I say let us take his 10,000 denari's and use it to raise an army to fight him with

HE TELLS US HIS CLAIM TO BEING DICTATOR, HIS CLAIM TO KNOW BETTER THAN ALL OF US WHEN IT COMES TO WHAT IS BEST FOR ROME

well i say we should not accept this

death to tyrants

DEATH TO TYRANTS

DEATH TO TYRANTS

( ooc - these letters keep coming in as Im going through the save)

My slave brings me news about your unwillingness to cooperate and I have ordered him to take the money back and give it to someone who wishes to have me save Rome. I have departed from Sicily and have besieged Carthage with my army. Macedon and Iberia asked for me to trade with them and I accepted and it seems I now have adopted my fellow legate into my family. Carthage will fall and so will the corrupt senators. Furthermore, I have asked that my dog be holding my position in my absence, I think his intelligence is around most of yours, as you obviously can't see the will of the many starving people in your backyard.

Also, this slave here will be my eyes and ears, whoever takes him hostage will be doomed once I return to Rome.

Signed,
    Quintus Equestris

(ooc 2 - can I keep ending the turns? Ive only played one turn though, if its all right with you guys.)

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Lucius Flavius stands enraged at this newest letter, walking down out of his seat he grabs the slave and drags him outside, moving across the square he enters a small shop and takes a knife that he sees.

Returning to the square he sees many of the senators watching him from the curia door and with the cry

DEATH TO TYRANTS

he slices the neck of the slave open and leaving the unfortunate slave to die he returns to his seat in the senate

Pallas stands and addresses the Senate.

So, how many of you will speak on behalf of Equestris now? He is a traitor to Rome, threatening to put a dog as consul, taking imperium without permission and fancying himself a king. Are we powerless to stop him? What of our governors? Send letters to them all, recall them from abroad, let them collect armies and bring down this traitor. For now, Cato must rise to the occasion and summon a legion to confront Equestris.

Crusades

I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Senators i propose a simple vote, one that i believe i know how it will go but we should follow the rules of our great nation.

paciscor per Equestris

1 - we should oppose Equestris' actions

2 - we should bow to his demands and support him

3 - abstain

this will give us a basis for our actions, we will know that myselfs and Rutuli' outspokeness are reflected by the whole of the senate. This will allow us to move forwards and create a UNIFIED responce to Equestris' actions.
    Last edited by Raglan; July 20, 2009 at 04:29 AM.

ooc - I was wondering If i could end my turn...

"Nonsense!" yelled Priscus. "How can you consider supporting a tyrant?! I propose the following:

1) Senator Equistris is to be removed from office.
    2) Every single soldier under his command, including Senator Equistris, is now declared an enemy of the Republic.
    3) A suffectus Consul shall be appointed.
    4) A new army shall be raised in Italy to counter Equistris's legions.
    5) Any soldiers and Legates who abandon Equistris's anti-Roman army shall receive forgiveness from the Republic for their crimes.

"Long live the Republic!"

Nero looked quiet, as the money before him left the room. It could be a good idea to try to contact Equistris...

OOC: @the10legion: As far as im concerned, do it.
    Last edited by Ozy; July 20, 2009 at 06:52 PM.

ooc - I will

Two men, one dressed like an Equestran and another obviously a slave come in. A medium sized, black, cute, and short haired dog is being led by a leash held by the Equestran. The equestran motions to the slave and he pulls out a piece of parchment, obviously another letter.

Hello fellow senators. Its sad how this was forced upon my troops. They have beaten Carthage and we have them begging at their knees. Morale is as high as ever and you try to send a diplomat. How pathetic. I am the city now and will attack it by dawn and will bring back to plunder to all my supporters. I will then march to Hadrumentum with my army and begin another siege and wipe out resistance. Then I will march on Rome to make sure true democracy where the people have a say. My first target will be Pallas, although anyone who wishes to bring me his head now can keep 10,000 denarii and a pro-consulship in Africa after this inevitable war.

As for now, meet two important figures here. This is senator Sabinus, he will be my new eyes and ears, and as for the senator who killed the slave, well that gave me a good laugh, I thank you very much. Also here is the dog that will be the new Consul. His name is senator Equestris Africanus Victor. When Im dictator he and I will share the Consulship and since he is a German Sheperd I think he is up to par on many of you senator's intelligence.

Thank you to my many supporters out there, we will see who Rome truly see's as the keepers of virtue.

signed,
    Quintus Equestris
    Last edited by The10thLegion von Döbeln; July 20, 2009 at 06:47 PM.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Lucius Flavius stands up and looks down upon the two men

you know what happened to his last erand boy, do you not fear the same fate.

Gaius Julius Civilis's Avatar Senator
    Castra Ultra Traiectum - Germania Inferior

ooc: I think getting busted for illegally ending turns is the least of your troubles at present...
    YOU ARE THE SENATE - SENATOR PROCVLVS IVNIVS VERVS MINOR - XXX
    PLEBEIAN

I would like to add one additional line to Priscus' proposal.

The entire family line of the soldier who does not desert from Equestris' army shall be hurled from the Tarpeian rock and denied a burial to ensure their souls wander the Stygian pits for decades.

We cannot be light in our punishment, especially when this man has effectively flaunted his Republican virtue, declared himself a King in all but name, appointed a filthy beast as consul to mock all that is Rome, and now, he masks his tyranny as democracy.

His threat is a joke indeed, and I'll gladly await his return to Rome.
    Last edited by chaplain118; July 20, 2009 at 09:05 PM.

Crusades

Report Here!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wpost&t=279125

This time the note is brought in by horse. The young man in the horse rides straight in front of the senate and yells "Equestris has saved the republic!!!!!"

He opens the scroll and begins to speak to the body of the senate.

I will soon give a report of the Carthiginian campaign, but it has been a total success. The plebs love me and I have bribed off one of your legions. I am parked outside of Rome with 2 legions. You have no escape, prepare for the siege, unless that is you have a poor guardsmen at the gate.

Signed,
    Quintus Equestris

Large amounts of screams of joy and fear come as the army is seen over the hill tops next to Rome. The siege had began.

Last edited by The10thLegion von Döbeln; July 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM.

OOC: That was fast...

IC:

Priscus shook on his seat. His legs trembled and his fists hardened at the fear and anger that came to his mind.

"This is unbelievable! How has Rome and her people fallen so down into the abyss of Tyranny! I demand that the praetor authorizes the recruitment of a new Roman army to face the invaders!"

ooc: Oh, come on, we've been over this, you can't just say 'And the plebs love me'. Be a bit realistic, what have you achieved, what have we heard? To the plebs, it would all be rumours.

And because you announced your march on Rome before conquering Carthage the plebs would quite likely not love you.
    PLEBEIAN

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

No senator Rutuli, i do not agree with your added clause. My brother is serving in his legions. He as a traitor deserves punishment, yet should i be thrown off the Tarpeian rock?

I have been more than outspoken agaist him, Indeed Rutuli it is somewhat of a suprise that he has named your head and not my own

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Julius Civilis View Post
    ooc: Oh, come on, we've been over this, you can't just say 'And the plebs love me'. Be a bit realistic, what have you achieved, what have we heard? To the plebs, it would all be rumours.

And because you announced your march on Rome before conquering Carthage the plebs would quite likely not love you.
    Did you read the report? I have Carthage, I control much wealth and grain. Besides it doesn't matter if they love me...
    Last edited by The10thLegion von Döbeln; July 21, 2009 at 10:52 AM.

ooc: No offence (not then and not now, I love the RP), but Grain supplies come mostly from Sicily and Egypt
    PLEBEIAN

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Senators give me a legion and I will meet Equestris and destroy him!

Make me a Dictator and I will save Rome from this mad man.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast