Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my money disappears!!!

Default my money disappears!!!

ok for some reason when im playing and im start getting alot of money it all disappears. i would be at 14000 and than the next turn i will be at 4000, without spending anything. than when i look at the end of turn report it says i should have 19000, no negative money anywhere, but i still have 4000. also i cant get any of the money back after that. after each turn i gain like 500-1000 even though i should be getting around 10000 from my cities. so even though i have like 5 cities making 1000-2000 each turn im instead only getting 500 from all of them. is this a bug or somthing. or is there something i dont know about this game

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: my money disappears!!!

It's a inherit bug from RTW and cannot be fixed. I'm not sure what causes it, but I suggest spending your money before you loose it. It might be corruption or some other factor.

It must be something which happens randomly, I have never experienced it and managed to get really a lot of money...

Check carefully your financial scroll, especially for corruption. Also, if you are a protectorate of another faction, a large amount of your extra money will be given to the protector state.

ok so i have two differnt reaons lol which one is it. but now that i think about it i was the indpendent greeks and i became a protectorate of rome so that might be why. btw besides the money thing this game is AWESOME!!!! it beats rtw by a million times. and the AI is insane.i love a challenge

one more thoguht im just suprised that i would lose all my money like that even though the end of turn report says i have alot more. if im going have to pay to be under the protextion of somone it should be added in under the costs. but it does make sense that i should have to pay to be protected lol i doubt rome would do it under the kindness of there heart

If you are a protectorate, then that may very well be the reason why you lose your money. To be sure, just break the alliance and see if your finances gets better.

And yes, it makes sense you have to pay to be protected. In RTW this is not very well represented, but historically Rome had a lot of protectorates, like Armenia or the Cimmerian Bosphorus. These states had to pay to be protected by Rome, and if they were attacked, Rome would enter in war to defend them.

Rather than "paying to be protected"...it would be better said like this. As a protectorate, you become a second class state. Obviously, you have to do whatever the protector state says, otherwise you are crashed. For example, all income from mines in your kingdom go to the protector. So you don't pay them, they just take away the gold and the silver.

Can't say i've ever encountered this or did I know that becoming a protectorate gives them a tribute! Whenever I am asked to become a protectorate I agree but ask for around 10,000 as a good will gift and they usually accept. Usually gives you some breathing space and a nice amount of money, even though they usually attack you again after a couple turns.
    As for losing money - in Diadochi I never have any surplus money by the end of the round any ways! :}

As for losing money - in Diadochi I never have any surplus money by the end of the round any ways! :}
    If you would, you probably would not be playing right!

Yeah, sort of spoils it when you had so much money. You buy as much as you can and STILL have money left, just no fun in that! I prefer scrimpping and scrapping my way through, much like I do in life hahaha.

well seeing as im the only one experienceing this its prob is because the protectorates that i sign.

no matter who i am when ever i start a game i get my butt kicked so i usally take all my generals and armies and run to a island like rhodes or klondia. than i would develope my city and at the same time stockpilling money. and because im on a island i dont have to worry about being invaded so i disband all my armies and get even more money. eventually i become a invicible highly develpoed city state and can attack anywhere i want ;P.

Not a bad idea, but doesn't it take a LONG time to develop your city and stockpile money since you are barely making anything?

With good trade relations, I'd guess he'd earn around 1200 per turn. Pergamum can even bring in 1k profit per turn while sustaining a large army. Trading is everything though Compared to other mods, the trader buildings bring in three times as much income.

Would be nice to have some trade relations one of these days, but usually being at war with nearly everyone makes those trade agreements hard . Didn't know that about the trader either.

actually it doesnt take that long at all. when i ran to klondia the city was about 3700 poulatoin which isnt that bad. my money once i disbanded my army excluding the generals was about 2000 every turn. so if say im building a harbor that costs 1200 and takes 3 turns. in that time that i built the harbor i got 6000 more because i dont have to build a army to defend myself.which gives me a net gain of 4800.after a while that builds up and i become the riches faction in the game with only one city. not to mention when i disband my army i get a nice popilation boast. and ealy on i dont abandon all my other cities i just leave the cheapest unit i can make in it and let it sit there as long as it can not developing it of course. and of course with no armies i get a massive amont of money everyturn.

i love the perragarum campign its awesome. its the only one so far that i dont have to run to a island to survive. i beat the sulucids at the bridge to the south by doing the v formation on the bridge. normally losing 5 guys. that launch a conter attack on sardis. ally with egypt and greeks. and because asia minor is so away from the rest of the sulucids i dont get attacked much which means i dont need a big army. lol but of course before i knew about the protectorate thing i signed one and lost all my money so i gave up.but now im gonna try it again.

one more thing. i dont undertsand trade routes. when i sign them i dont get anymore money to my cities.so what excatlly do they do.

Wow well then I might just have to try the island tactic and also play a Pergamum campaign. Never tried them as I thought it would be into minus money straight away and would be a struggle making anything. As for trade agreements I am sure it should be shown in your trade summary of each city - saying it it trading with town X and what exactly it is trading with town X. Also check the main financial scroll.

Never heard of the V formation on a bridge defence, you mean have your men organised into a V towards the entrance/exit of the bridge? Explain ';D

actually when you start on the parragurm campign you get a nice size army and i think pergarum is in positve(not that much though) i normally create a few more pike units with the extra money i get to help defeat the selucids.

the v formatino i use isnt techniqly a v formation. idk if anybody else has done my way but what i do is have 3 pike units(works really good like the really long spear guys). i put 1 on the left side of the bridge 1 on the right side of the brige and than 1 in the center. i move both of the flanks to the sides of the bridge so they arnt on it but there pikes hang out enough to hit the enemies when they are on the bridge. the center doesnt really do much.its manily there to stop whatever makes it through the flanks which hardly is above 10 guys. so the computer just keeps filtering in there army and i just sit back and slaughter everyone. once the AI is routed i send my calvary across the bridge and hunt down the rest. normally i kill about 87-91% of the selucid army only losing less than 1%. whatever is left of there army runs to sardis.

the only weakness to my v formation is archers or artilliry cause they can shot my pike units. thats why i like to bring along a lot of archers when i fight one of these battles. or before the AI moves across i send my calvary over and try to take out there missle units before they can form up. its risky but somtimes it works.

You might also have your cities on auto-manage, in which case the AI will spend money on buildings and units. If you have a family member in the city, then you will have direct control over the city regardless of if auto-manage is turned on or not.
    As soon as you move the family member out of the city, the AI will manage the city again.
    I forgot to turn auto-manage off once and I intially wondered where all my money went too!

You can choose to manage your cities by going to the game options and making sure the box has a tick mark in it by the manage cities options. You can also select this option before you start a campaign.

If this is the reason, you must have a lot of cities if you have no money each turn.
    Last edited by Sardaukar One; August 06, 2009 at 10:58 PM.

i checked that. im almost positive its the protectorates i signed

Check each city you have that doesn't have a family member in it.
    If any boxes above the construction menu are checked, then auto manage is on.

Also, in these same cities, you should be able to set the taxes to very high, high, normal and low if you are managing them yourself.
    On auto manage, you can only set taxes to financial build policy, balanced build policy, military build policy and growth build policy.

Auto-manage is quite a useless feature in my opinion. In RTW you don't have much to manage, so it's better to choose personally what to build\train, especially when you don't have all that money..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast