Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: TATW Battle Editor (Tutorials, Help, Manual, Development)

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

Default Re: -- BATTLE EDITOR for TATW (Tutorials, Help, Manual, Development) --

> when using it the first time the game returns a CTD
    > simply restart and try again
    > if it still crashing load a battle (like agincourt or sentenil)
    > after the battle has loaded you can use this map or you can restart the editor because now it works with the vegetation choosing

so after youve created a map for multiplayer and single player are you able to have the AI against you and youre friend? or does it just make you have the amount of players the same as the armies youve created.

lol, the usual problem...
    just load a random existing battle such as azincourt, it will "activate" the editor.
    have fun.

\\

You can set this in the Alliances. That means yes, that is possible.

\\

Err, I get an error where the landscape is white (without grid) or (black with grid) and the texture button doesn't seem to do anything, also the trees don't appear in the editor. When I try to load the battle the landscape is still black and then the game crashes. Can you help in any way???

Here's what it looks like:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Lord Uxbridge; July 21, 2010 at 02:55 PM.

Do you know under which name the battle model and the portrait of the Witch king can be found?
    An how does 2.0 manage to have no "_" between the words of the name?

I'm using TATW 2.1 and every time i start the battle the units go back to their original strength.
    Here's my Descr_Battle.txt

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ; Custom battle script generated by Romans Battle Editor

battle Escape_to_Grey_Haven
    playable
    egypt
    france
    end
    nonplayable
    end

start_date 3019 summer
    end_date 3019 summer

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; >>>> start of factions section <<<<

faction egypt
    character Elrond, general, male, age 30, x 14, y 276
    army
    unit Elf Spear soldiers 300 exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit Elf Archer soldiers 300 exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Elf Spear_BG soldiers 300 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

faction france
    character Saruman, general, male, age 30, x 14, y 276
    army
    unit Uruk-Hai Infantry soldiers 300 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Wargs soldiers 300 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Wargs soldiers 300 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Uruk-Hai Bodyguards soldiers 1 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; >>>> start of battle section <<<<

battle 14, 276
    battle_time 18.00 0.00
    weather storm

home_faction egypt
    alliance can_deploy can_view egypt, defending
    alliance can_deploy can_view france, attacking

army egypt, 0, no_withdraw, supporting_armies 0

deployment_area_point -539.890, -320.039
    deployment_area_point -248.268, 134.511
    deployment_area_point -297.810, 196.505
    deployment_area_point -463.178, 19.230
    deployment_area_point -639.487, -274.242

unit 0, -282.410, 106.547, 132, formation_type shield_wall, formation_width 45.265
    unit 1, -312.073, 73.490, 132, formation_type shield_wall, formation_width 55.830
    unit 2, -348.680, 32.487, 126, formation_type shield_wall, formation_width 38.055
    unit 3, -370.694, 2.548, 128, formation_type shield_wall, formation_width 34.293
    unit 4, -294.776, 113.583, 135, formation_type square, formation_width 45.678
    unit 5, -339.171, 69.540, 139, formation_type square, formation_width 41.571
    unit 6, -375.127, 36.158, 126, formation_type square, formation_width 46.182
    unit 7, -309.105, 84.430, 131, formation_type shield_wall, formation_width 161.464

army france, 0, supporting_armies 0

deployment_area_point -140.690, -262.699
    deployment_area_point -269.576, -160.397
    deployment_area_point -87.058, -21.893
    deployment_area_point 29.917, -120.169

unit 0, -248.645, -169.076, -38, formation_type square, formation_width 203.560
    unit 1, -251.802, -164.840, -38, formation_type square, formation_width 204.022
    unit 2, -243.337, -174.091, -38, formation_type square, formation_width 203.412
    unit 3, -234.953, -179.652, -39, formation_type square, formation_width 200.942
    unit 6, -95.296, -184.580, -39, formation_type square, formation_width 40.052

deployment_area_point -308.188, -439.525
    deployment_area_point -241.079, -384.849
    deployment_area_point -332.324, -267.173
    deployment_area_point -356.855, -398.867

unit 4, -347.767, -391.343, -43, formation_type square, formation_width 87.428

deployment_area_point 84.789, -30.325
    deployment_area_point -36.660, 20.932
    deployment_area_point 42.137, 148.947
    deployment_area_point 140.529, 138.065

unit 5, -10.494, 32.844, -49, formation_type square, formation_width 134.896

; >>>> start of objectives scripting section <<<<

objectives

alliance 0
    condition destroy_or_rout_enemy
    condition destroy_character Elrond, egypt

alliance 1
    condition destroy_or_rout_enemy
    condition destroy_character Saruman, france

i have a question regarding battle models: is there any way to transfer battle models from one faction to another?

signature and avatar were made by Grímbóld'

///

This i would like to know as well.

///
    Quote Originally Posted by ELB27 View Post
    i have a question regarding battle models: is there any way to transfer battle models from one faction to another?

i thought you would know coz:

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
    yep, this was just in the testing part, no script for custom models, armies were there just to test the balance etc... it's not event complete as a map, so all the things elb pointed out are things that need to be scripted. ask advice to jan about that, he might give you some tips.
    have fun, i won't come back here for a long time, so no more maps from me until then
    he didnt say that to me but still...

signature and avatar were made by Grímbóld'

///

i started to get into that topic some months ago but is really complex and hard to get into because ever made real progress there.
    but i plan on going in battle scripting when i have time again. it is possible but it will take some time.

///

Hey someone know how to put cannon towers in the battle editor? they just appear in custom battle.

//

Are you sure that are cannon towers you are talking about? TATW completely abandoned black powder
    which means no cannon towers in-game. But you can try to make the settlement you create a larger
    type. For this do the following:

search for the settlement description in your "descr_battle.txt":

settlement castle
    {
    level village
    (...)
    }

You can change the level of the settlement to the following values:

village
    moot_and_bailey
    town
    wooden_castle
    large_town
    castle
    city
    fortress
    large_city
    citadel
    huge_city
    fort

When you used a large city model in the editor and use levels like fortress or huge_city, the settlement
    will have the highest defense facilities and features.

Second of all you have to add a definition in the the settlement option in the descr_battle.txt that specific
    tower will be added. The option you are looking for is:

"towers" (0 - watchtower / 1 - arrow tower / 2 - ballista tower / 3 - cannon tower)

All in all it should look like this:

Code:
    settlement  castle
     {
         level citadel
         tile 318 246 
         year_founded 2010
         towers 3
         population 59000
         faction_creator sicily
     package_path  (here goes the path that depends of you settlement type which is filled in automatically)
     }
    If it works this is the way to do it. You cant find all of this stuff i wrote in the first post of this thread in the
    "Editing the descr_battle.txt" part.

Let us know if it works!

//

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

If I create a custom battle map and play the battle, would I be able to use the replay in the cineditor?

I asked defore I start editing, I get CTD each time I tried with the campaign_battle.rpy from the TEMP subfolder and I'm hoping it won't happen. I'll be using vanilla btw.

Thanks

//

Okay you have too choices.

1 - You can copy the folder of the battle you created into the folder for custom battles and play your map as
    a custom battle. You have the opportunity to save your game after a custom battle. But notice that your whole
    army setup is not available there becasue it only uses the map there - not the army information including the
    deployment areas. That means when you use this map as a custom battle map there will be standard deployment
    areas in the exact center of the map.

2 - Use the console command for saving the battle - that should work - although a lot of guys had problems to
    actually load the console-command-replay but it worked for me. Go here to find out how to save a battle with the console:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...98#post6635098
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276224

//
    Last edited by jản; December 10, 2010 at 06:37 AM.

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

I tried the command save_battle_replay in the consol in vanilla. It create the file, but I get CTD for using it as a replay or in cinedit.

But answer1 will do for me, I need some special ficture (mainly topography) for a machimania, so the deployment isn't an issue.

thanx again

Quote Originally Posted by jản View Post
    //

Are you sure that are cannon towers you are talking about? TATW completely abandoned black powder
    which means no cannon towers in-game. But you can try to make the settlement you create a larger
    type. For this do the following:

search for the settlement description in your "descr_battle.txt":

settlement castle
    {
    level village
    (...)
    }

You can change the level of the settlement to the following values:

village
    moot_and_bailey
    town
    wooden_castle
    large_town
    castle
    city
    fortress
    large_city
    citadel
    huge_city
    fort

When you used a large city model in the editor and use levels like fortress or huge_city, the settlement
    will have the highest defense facilities and features.

Second of all you have to add a definition in the the settlement option in the descr_battle.txt that specific
    tower will be added. The option you are looking for is:

"towers" (0 - watchtower / 1 - arrow tower / 2 - ballista tower / 3 - cannon tower)

All in all it should look like this:

Code:
    settlement  castle
     {
         level citadel
         tile 318 246 
         year_founded 2010
         towers 3
         population 59000
         faction_creator sicily
     package_path  (here goes the path that depends of you settlement type which is filled in automatically)
     }
    If it works this is the way to do it. You cant find all of this stuff i wrote in the first post of this thread in the
    "Editing the descr_battle.txt" part.

Let us know if it works!

//
    ye tanx, and there is cannon towers, at least in custom battle, when you use a huge settlement and select the level 3 of defenses your settlement will appear with cannon towers or something like that...But in the editor no matter what number i put where it say towers in the descr_battle or even what level of settlement is, you always appear with watchtowers, and they dont really help at all. (actually nothing)
    so i resigned, right now im trying to find a way of make the ships that appear in one of the maps of americas appear in my customised battles too, i copy the folder of the americas map and pasted in my editor folder and i delete the descr_battle, but im afraid that is imposible, or you guys knows a way? it will be cool use that map of britania too of a beach landig in dragon boats of the vivkings, and they look like a orc boats of the silmaril.
    that would be awsome!.
    Also i cannot find the rest of the maps that are in the custom battle like Anfalas or Dale or even the beutiful Umbar, i always search for the whole third age data and in te cusmtom folder theres just the new ones like barrow downs and pellenor fields but were are the rest of them? and how can i make to Gandalf or legolas appear in my battles? when i search in the descr_battle of the helms deep i see that theoden has a battle model or something, can i put that battle model to any unit or jus general units? and were are the folder with the hero abilitys and battle models??
    i really would like to know
    Iluvatar bless who can tell me...or Morgoth : )

//

Hm weired that the cannon tower thing is not working - but atleast ballista towers should work.

For you other questions:

Viking Boats read this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...98#post7718698
    and the whole thread as well (only one page)

//

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Hi and thank you, I searched for a thread like this for several days
    I have two questions (excuse me if someone has asked them before)

1)Where can I find general portrait of med2 vanilla?
    2)I can't place roads (both paved and dirty). I tried to put them in polish plains, italian hills, and sahara desert but I can't.
    Does any body know why?

Thanks

///

1 - for the portraits go to the ../heros/character folder. there you can find all the character portraits that are available (same for unique battle models)
    Spoiler for IMPLEMENT THEM LIKE THIS:
    Code:
    ; >>>> start of factions section <<<<

faction	milan
    character	Theoden, named character, leader, male, age 62, x 343, y 302, portrait Theoden, battle_model theoden, hero_ability The_Heart_of_the_Lion
    army
    unit		rohan bodyguards		        soldiers 19 exp 8 armour 3 weapon_lvl 1
    unit		spearmens				soldiers 99 exp 1 armour 3 weapon_lvl 1
    unit		spearmens				soldiers 99 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit		Special Axemen				soldiers 129 exp 3 armour 2 weapon_lvl 1
    unit		Special Axemen				soldiers 99 exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0

2 - roads can not be build in this editor although there is an option for that - that is why because the editor from M2TW is the exact same from RTW but with a little different interface and less oppportunities. but you can fake roads by using another vegetation surface in a thin stripe

///