Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: TATW Battle Editor (Tutorials, Help, Manual, Development)

Default Re: -- BATTLE EDITOR for TATW (Tutorials, Help, Manual, Development) --

I don't know if it is possible, you migh try modifying the battle's name in descr_battle perhaps

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

///

uhh, that is a long time ago. if i remember correctly Axnsan discoverd way to do that.
    you should search for it in the Battle Editor thread and in the "Minas Thirith" thread.
    i'll search too.

///

Do you maby also know wheater it is possible to give an appendix to a name, like Eorl "the Young"?

//

i searched about the battle names but it seems it is not possible:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...53#post5566453

and about the appendix on names - it is the same thing as for other custom
    names - no matter if it are one or more words in the name - it just has to
    be listed on descr_names.txt file or what it is called.

//

Is there the possibility to give Faction unit like e.g. Gondorian Infanterie to the rebels?

uhm... I don't know, you should see it on the units available for each faction
    but I do know that you can have rebel units with normal factions. I think

When I gave Gondor units in the desc_irgentwas folder to the rebels they had no colour so I suppose that this is not possible. I wanted to make a gondorian civil war map.

Other question: Is there a possibility to put lakes in the mountain areas?

well normally yes, you just have to select lake in the ambiant_misc i think.

Hey, I really need someone who can help me. Please.

My battle of Azanulimbar looks in my opinion quiet good, but the units can't be moved in the battle. I'm totally despered, please help me.

Edit: Not important any more because I make a new and better Azanulbizar map now.
    Last edited by Isildor; May 30, 2010 at 05:53 AM.

Question: How can I give a general a unique portrait?

Quote Originally Posted by Isildor View Post
    Question: How can I give a general a unique portrait?
    add the tag "portrait" to your character followed by the name of the character. take a look at the heros/character folder to see if the character has a portrait.
    Code:
    character Imrahil, named character male, age 24, x 243, y 129, portrait imrahil

Is it possible to have a new portrait only for a historical battle?

And is it possible to give a general one of the other portraits for generals as firm portrait?
    Last edited by Isildor; June 01, 2010 at 05:40 AM.

new portraits are possible like custom names - you just have to copy or over overwrite them in
    the heros portraits folders for certain characters. but for the integrated battles this would go to far.
    maybe in some really important cases an additional portrait could be added but i don't think that the
    existing ones should be replaced just because of on historical battle.

you can contact Louis Lux if you want to know more.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

You sure have a lot of questions

In theory you should be able to add new portraits by pasting them in a new folder on the data/ui/custom portraits folder, you would have to use the name of this new folder in the code.

Yes, I just want to know what is possible.

BTW: Is it possible to have for some battles a "SA" after the year istead of a "TA"?

//

sure this would be possible too. it was possible for KK to make it "TA".

//

But is it possible to have a SA only for some battles while the rest still is TA? And how is this possible?

no and i thought you would know this when you read my last post here.
    it would be a mojor change affecting the whole game. what you can
    try is to simply add "SA" to your year but i guess this would result
    something like this: "2319 SA TA"

i've noticed that the AI is sometimes totally stupid: for my dol amroth map, gondor under ai control rushes out of the city to attack me (harad) without staying in defensive position behind the citadel's walls.

I think it is due to the fact that the alliance's objective can not be modified for example: "hold settlement" does not exist same for "survive the attack", there are only "agressive" objectives.
    does someone know how to make the AI a little bit less dare devil?

Hi I did that with the preferences but still I canīt get it to work? It loads then Iīm back in the menu why?