Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: {Gome Closed}SS Auto Resolve 1.4/6.1 {Now Recruiting Kwarezem Shah}

Default {Gome Closed}SS Auto Resolve 1.4/6.1 {Now Recruiting Kwarezem Shah}

Stainless Steel: Auto Resolve
    SS 6.1

I am the GameMaster, For any questions or requests concerning this game please
    Email me at Destinationcritical@gmail.com or send me a PM.

Settings:

- Difficulty : Hard
    - Manage all cities = True
    - Show CPU Moves = False
    - Disable Console = True
    - No battle time limit = False
    - Autoresolve Battles = True
    - Use Passwords = True

Rules:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    *Rules*

*** No Jihad/ Crusades *** - This is a new rule were adding specifically for this Hotseat campaign, unfortunately the Jihad and Crusade mechanics make it easy for individuals to abuse, with advantages like no upkeep for huge armies, faster speeds, and cheap mercenary units. So don't do it, if you are caught using the Jihad/Crusade ability (which shouldn't be too hard even if your sneaky about it (*it will be labeled on generals) then you will be kicked out of the campaign, consider this your only warning.

*** No Abuse in Trading Cities *** - There are some instances where players decide to trade cities with their friends for a short period of time, only to trade them back and repeat the cycle. Why?, The advantages are that it builds a number of free units in that city when its traded! and this is considered cheating if abused for this purpose. However, there are exceptions to the rules, if you want to trade a settlement for another one for the purpose of redefining your borders with this as End result, then trading can be arranged, So long as the city is not transferred back or the trading of cities becomes a regular occurrence.

----

Inactivity Rules :

unfortunately, people are not always reliable. In every Multiplayer campaign I’ve played and hosted there has always been people who quit or leave for whatever reason; sometimes its real life personal things, others might be just a lack of interest.
    This is expected. However, to ensure that the game does not stall I have come up with a few rules that will help the game progress despite these hiccups.

48 hour deadline Everyone will have 48 hours to play their turn once it has been posted on the board, please don’t wait till the last seconds to play your turn, the faster you play the turn and post it the quicker the game will progress. However if your unable to play for whatever reason you will be Subbed by another active player, if it’s your second time in a row of being inactive during your turn your kingdom will become Regent by another player (more detailed in this post). I will try to make sure that everyone receives a private message after 24 hours to remind them of their turn. Please keep posted to the game at all times, to avoid being accidently subbed.

Substitution Substitution or subbing someone is important aspect to the game. Often these campaigns last for months and even years, so it’s not unheard of if someone is inactive during their 48 hour deadline for a turn. There are two types of Substitution, Request Substitution and Inactive Substitution.
    Requested Substitution: If you are unable to play your turn, gone on a business trip or vacation or will be away for a period of time, you may request that someone sub your turn (he may be anyone in the game or outside of it). You may ask this person to do whatever you please, declare war, diplomacy etc...
    This requested subbed person has to play the turn he was requested to play within the 48 hour deadline, if he does not however, your kingdom will be sent to regency, so it’s important that whoever you choose to sub you is a reliable player and that you trust him fully.
    Inactive Substitution: If the player misses his 48 hour deadline and has not told anyone or requested a substitute, one will be found for him. Unlike the requested substitute, this substitute must not have a conflict of interest with this kingdom, (for example you cannot sub someone you border, allied with or at war with). The person who subs this kingdom must be in the game and far away from the kingdom they are subbing not to sabotage them or use them for their own personal gain. They are also not allowed to partake in diplomacy or to declare war on anyone (they can defend however if they are attacked and should).
    For those who are a requested Sub, they are allowed to sub for no more than 3 turns, after the 3 turns have occurred and the main player has not yet returned, their kingdom will become Regency. (Exception will be made if specific time frame has been made for the players return). However for inactive sub, they will only sub the player for one turn, after if the inactive main player still has not returned and his turn comes up again his kingdom will go to Regency.

Regency – Regency is when the original player has left on his own will or has been inactive for a considerable period. What this means is that player no longer controls his kingdom and a replacement will be searched for. In the mean time someone will take over as Regent, this person has to be in the game currently and not have a conflict of interest with this kingdom. He is not allowed to partake in diplomacy or declare war as Regent. The period of regency is only 3 turns, and is dependent on how fast a replacement is found. Once the replacement is found that person replaces the regent and takes full control of the Kingdom and may do as he pleases. Now if there is an instance where the pervious inactive player comes back to find his kingdom as a Regent, he may reclaim his kingdom, but will be given a warning; if his kingdom ever goes back to regent he will not be allowed to reclaim it. Finally if no replacement is found after 3 turns a new artificial king will be created.

Artificial King – After 3 turns have passed as regency and nobody as claimed the Kingdom then it will be given to an Artificial King (AI), the kingdom once it has been given to the AI will never be retrievable again.
    All of these rules may seem overwhelming, but it is to ensure that the game continues and does not stall for any reason,
    All you have to ensure if you don’t want to get in trouble is to play your turn every 48 hours, if you do this you will not have any trouble

---

RolePlaying
    Diplomacy is encouraged, You are now king/emperor/caliphate/sultan etc.. of your new kingdom, so act like it, diplomacy both publically and privately is encouraged, but keep it in character, try not to pretend to be a Muslim if you’re the ERE or a Christian crusader if you’re the Ghorid empire.
    This includes espionage, diplomatic insults, pacts, alliances, truces ect…
    you may attack or insult the King of Abbasid, but do not make the treats or attack personal on the person playing the Abbasids.
    Any personal attacks won’t be accepted and you will be replaced

Don’t cheat –
    This is obvious, cheating is just sad, and you don’t need to do it.. it takes a good player to win, but anyone can win if they cheat, don’t do it.
    Remember thought, Bugs like merchant forts, forts spies, assassins and other bugs of the game may be annoying and seem unfair, but if they can do it.. so can you!. This isn’t considered cheating.

Teams:

Here is the current List by Turn order:

1. TriforceV - England
    2. Ultra_Magnus- Holy Roman Empire
    3. tonymarkus - Sicily
    4. pesto alla genovese - Genoa
    5. CiviC - Romans
    6. Nightbringer - Fatamid
    7. Delvecchio1975 - Denmark
    8. {NOW RECRUITING} Khwarezem Shah

*Notice*
    This Game requires Kingdoms Expansion Version 1.4 and Stainless Steel Mod 6.1
    Last edited by TriforceV; April 28, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
    The only think you have to fear is... Me.

TRIFORCE.

aslanamca's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Sign-Up New SS 6.1 (Autoresolve)

count me in,if it is possible seljuks(turks)
    Durma, Arap, durma kibrini artır!
    Türklüğün başına hakaret yağdır!
    Uyuyan bir kavme bu zillet azdır,
    Vur, eski kölesi utandır onu!
    Bırakma uyusun, uyandır onu!

aka Turcoman....

throw me in with dat man. if any italian factions are up for grabs, ill let patriotism take over and will play as em

im in!

England for me please!

pesto alla genovese's Avatar Senator

count me in!

I will take Denmark if there are no Crusades/Jihads.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

kwharzerm please.

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

ill take the fatamids! although i am going to be out of town from the 31st of august tothe 15th of september
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Scotland for me :>, will be the first hotseat, i've ever played. O.o

Whoohoo, Triforce back as host! Im in, will be back from vacation thursday. Perhaps France...or the egyptians...

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

You guys still doing this? I'll join up I guess. I'll play anything, but I'd like to have Leon-Castile, Aragon, or Sicily if possible (I'd like Aragon the most out of those).

Yeah it's still on, Im going to start it soon, Probably when I get back from Vacation on Aug 13th around.

P.S.
    I think for this campaign, I will disallow Jihad/Crusades as well.... They never brought about anything but unhappiness.. !

TRIFORCE.

Yeah.., I guess I better choose a Kingdom before all the good ones are gone.

I was hoping for England,
    But I guess I can settle for either France or the HRE.

TRIFORCE.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

yes, let's disable crusades/jihads.

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

I'm having a good feeling about the Baltic region for me, But i don't know exactly what country...

If Baltic becomes to crowded I'll take ERE or maybe Kiev.

Poqzt's Avatar Ordinarius

Even though I'm somewhat bored of hotseats, I can't resist a fresh SS campaign with fair rules. But then again, it's mainly the Crusades/Jihads and easy wins against the AI which takes out the fun. With no crusades/jiahds and autoresolve, we'll have more time for diplomancy instead of trying to figure out how to exploit the game...

I pick Norway since I really want to be a Scandinavian faction (I live in Sweden...).

Which era is it going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by handl3r View Post
    Which era is it going to be?
    This will be a vanilla SS campaign, since its autoresolve - I suspect that this campaign will be much more challenging and will last long into the late stages

P.S.

The List of whats available has been created on this thread, for those who are still deciding on which kingdom to choose.

TRIFORCE.

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

I think he means are we doing the regular (early) campaign or late era campaign.

And btw, are we going for all human players, or are we going to have some AIs too? If the latter, it would be wise to space out the human kingdoms so that the human-to-AI ratio is fairly balanced around the map.
    Last edited by CtrlAltDe1337; August 06, 2009 at 03:12 PM.

Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast