Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you guys aware of descr_win_conditions.txt?!

Default Are you guys aware of descr_win_conditions.txt?!

Are you guys aware of descr_win_conditions.txt?!

This is my first post at the RS forum and i admit that i never played RS but i will when RS2 comes out but i know something that can be very usefull to your mod and AI performance.

The guys on the EB forum have discovered that in the BI or Alx version of the game there is one text file that gives the AI directions where to spread for each faction individually.That improves the historic "correctness" and opens a wholle new opportunities for further AI expansion.

The txt file look like this(for EB version):

romans_julii
    hold_regions Mesopotamia Babylonia Syria Syria_Koile Lydia Margiana Aria Kypros Phoinike Ioudaia Delta_Neilou Heptanomis Thebais Triakontaschoinos Oasis_Megale Libye Marmarike Kyrenaia Augila Kilikia Pamphylia Karia Rhodos Lesbos Mysia Galatia Bithynia Chersonesos_Thraikia Makedonia Illyria_Hellenike Epeiros Thessalia Aitolia Attike Euboia Peloponnesos Lakonike Krete

macedon
    hold_regions Makedonia Thessalia Euboia Peloponnesos Lesbos Illyria_Hellenike Epeiros Attike Lakonike Krete Rhodos Chersonesos_Thraikia Kappadokia_Pontika Kappadokia Galatia Bithynia Mysia Lydia Karia Pamphylia Phrygia Kypros Kilikia Syria Assyrie Babylonia Mesopotamia Phoinike Syria_Koile Ioudaia Delta_Neilou

... and so on.

Any thought on this?!

Default Re: Are you guys aware of descr_win_conditions.txt?!

Yep, we're making edits to it. Thanks though.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Wow, i am impressed!!!

Nothing like the EB team who failed to recognise this great feature.It seem to me that the EB will lose the status of the best mod of Rome Total War, you surpassed them already in graphics and now it seems even in the gameplay!!!

Congratulations RS Team!!!

There's a prominent and easy-to-use update for EB that puts in win conditions and greatly improves AI.

Don't turn this into a 'which mod is better' thread.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Yep I spotted this a couple of days ago, early testings shows huge difference.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Miles

To be fair, I will look into EB once again. But I feel I still will be disapointed. I really cannot go with the idealistic approach. Still: It is a great mod by itself.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Well all mods has it's cons and pros.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Yes, I don't know, how in english you guys say. But in Germany we say something like: It's all just a kind of taste.
    Developer of Rising Sumer
    Beta-tester for ChC; Mapper of Colonialism-TW;

Swedish: the taste is like the butt, split.
    Son of Legio

I may be missing something. This file and those conditions are known and used by a lot of mods for years now. As with anything having to do with the ai it has a mild effect only imo(haven`t tried atw yet though).

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Apparently it has a somewhat profound impact on a factions goals, however. We were having trouble with a faction in RS2 constantly going to war with another faction we didn't want them messing with. Turned out it's win conditions included several regions that belonged to that other faction. Removing them from their win conditions stopped the bad behavior. I was a bit surprised myself.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

This sounds terrific . . . so no more Macedon going way up north?

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Apparently it has a somewhat profound impact on a factions goals, however. We were having trouble with a faction in RS2 constantly going to war with another faction we didn't want them messing with. Turned out it's win conditions included several regions that belonged to that other faction. Removing them from their win conditions stopped the bad behavior. I was a bit surprised myself.
    With rtw exe? And you mean that even if they shared a border they didn`t fight anymore?

Yes, tough blocked by mountains. They even used naval invasions! (several times and in different campaigns). That made me think why the Ai was so obsessed to take that region, they more or less ignored every other region on the map. Turned out that there goal was to take that region.

and yes with rtw.exe.
    Son of Legio

Yes, with the rtw.exe is working!
    I play now EB again and it works miracles on campaign map, despite the dumb battles.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

The Gallaeci just seemed OBSESSED with invading Gaul and attacking the Averni in RS2. I completely blocked the passes so they had to go tru Emporion to get into Gaul...so they started naval invasions like you've never seen before in RTW! I even axed their port and they just built it up and invaded again. So yeah, at least in this case, changing the win conditions was the only way to make them stop that.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Too bad no one bothered to create a set of adaptable win conditions for the AI to follow.

The reason why certain places are conquered by certain nations in history is due to the fact that there is some sort of incentive to do so, be it economic or cultural.

Times where CA's attempts to stick close to history actually makes the game even less historically accurate and less believable.

simplemind07's Avatar Tiro

That's good that RS2 has this as EB didn't use it, why? Well your guess is good as mine, someone did made a submod in EB that uses the victory condition though, with vanilla EB the Roman AI just try to expand up north, but with the submod, they tried to expand to Gaul, Greece, and Spain. That's just amazing and I recommend anyone that submod. Anyway hopefully the AI in RS2 will expand correctly, that would be a modders miracle right?
    Love is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only YOU can feel the warmth.
    WE have no limit. Saying so is just a pathetic excuse of giving up!

Elendil of Númenor's Avatar Campidoctor

RS2 is a modders miracle already. The AI can be helped with small tweaks regarding some .txt files, but nothing can change its overwhelming dumbness coming from the .exe.

simplemind07's Avatar Tiro

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
    Are you guys going to use scripts too to help, scratch that force the AI to expand in their desired space?
    Love is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only YOU can feel the warmth.
    WE have no limit. Saying so is just a pathetic excuse of giving up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast