Thread: Multiplayer campaign

Default Multiplayer campaign

Hello everyone! Even though these forums aren't especially active, I'm well aware that many players adore this mod, as I have for quite some time. As such, I figured I'd make a proposal.

As you can probably tell from my sig, I'm a member of 'The First Triumvirate,' a group of forum members that organize and play multiplayer campaigns. We currently have an IB campaign going, but I was curious as to if any players here would be interested in us starting another campaign for BRG.

How it works is simple- players play a turn, save the game, and, back at the forums upload the save file from the save folder. Then the next player simply downloads the save from the last post, and the process is repeated. Due to the nature of RTW players will only be able to play as one faction per campaign, but this allows either a turn by turn game, allowing players to take up the mantle of leadership, or a game where each player controls certain regions, or provinces, before the turn is ended.

Like I said, if anyone of you are interested, just post here. Cheers

Default Re: Multiplayer campaign

Seems like it could be fun. What faction? Also, I've subtly watched the TFT forums and, frankly, most campaigns seem to fail spectacularly. Will this one be different?

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochos VII Sidetes View Post
    Seems like it could be fun. What faction? Also, I've subtly watched the TFT forums and, frankly, most campaigns seem to fail spectacularly. Will this one be different?
    Haha unfortunately I can agree with the failure of many campaigns on the forum there. Recently though, we've "reformed" and are only creating campaigns with the knowledge that people will actually play them. At the moment we've got an IB campaign going and a TFT Caesar campaign as well, both of which have quite a few players in them.

As for which faction we'd be playing as, first it'd be a case of seeing how many players are interested in playing at all. From there I'd make a poll and see which campaign people would wanna play, and from there find out the faction. Quite a mission, but the campaigns are actually great fun so it'd be well worth a few extra minutes spent on the forums.

I'd certainly play, if others are willing to. I can tell you that much. It's not such a terrible commitment to play a turn or two every three days.

I'd prefer a WRE campaign. I could foresee myself as magister militum per Illyricum quite easily.

Game of the Fates
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochos VII Sidetes View Post
    I'd certainly play, if others are willing to. I can tell you that much. It's not such a terrible commitment to play a turn or two every three days.

I'd prefer a WRE campaign. I could foresee myself as magister militum per Illyricum quite easily.

Haha already planned things out for yourself eh? Getting the players together is really the main problem, as some people don't want to be involved in MP campaigns, unfortunately.

Well, I'm in if it can be pulled together.

Game of the Fates

If you going to play HS,Iam in game!
    Please Pm me if you start.

Aenima,give me link where you play HS on RTW mods.
    I play M2TW hs-i bit tired of them...
    Last edited by garato; July 17, 2009 at 11:56 AM.
    bad boy boogie