Thread: [Broken] How To Make a Userbar (PS)

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Default [Broken] How To Make a Userbar (PS)

In this tutorial I will explain how to create a userbar. They can be used in your signature without taking up much space, unlike a bulky signature.

First, open Photoshop and press File, New. Set the size of 350x19 and make sure Transparent is selected also. Like shown in the image below:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Now that you have your image fill it with a colour of your choice. I went with black at first but then it did not work out due to my lines also being black. (Will explain more later).

Once you fill the image go to Blending Options and set Gradient Overlay to what I have in the image below:

Next create another image by pressing File, New, set the dimension to 6x6 and Transparent.

Once you have that press Z (shortuct for zoom) and press Fit To Screen to zoom in as the image is tiny. Use the Pencil Tool to create a dioganal line like shown in the image below.

After you have that press Edit, Define Pattern and save it as Line Pattern, it is recommended to leave the opacity option alone as you could change it later to your preference. I set mine to 15% and it was really hard to see . I went with somewhere around 40% at the end. Make sure it is not set too high as the lines become jagged.

Now, use the Pattern Stamp Tool (S) to use your pattern. Make sure that you have the pattern set to the Line Pattern up at the top of your Photoshop Window. Also set the circle to a bigger size so that you do not have to go over the image over and over. Simply drag the circle with pattern across your image a few times, you should see the lines. This is where I had to change my original image colour from black to dark red as I could not see the lines since they were black. It is up to you which colours to use in both your image and the line pattern.

Now that I have set the path for you, all you have left is to improvise with your image, add text, symbols, etc... Most userbars have those lines but you do not necessarily have to go with the others.

Pretty much the most important part of this tutorial is the size , it is up to you if you would like to use those lines or not. Fit whatever you can in the image and you might have something lie this in the end:

^^ That is amazing in my opinion, has everything, animated image, texts, pictures.
    Source.

I hope that this might come in handy one day.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Maяcel; March 04, 2010 at 05:08 AM.

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Default Re: [Tutorial] How To Make a Userbar (PS)

Good tutorial, good for beginners! +rep

Product Designer

nice one
    DESARC92 / Product Design
    Once known as MarcelP | Product Designer | Under the Patronage of Legio
    Marcel's Modder's Resources | Tutorials | The Graphics Workshop

EVYATAR's Avatar EvyatarNevoDesign

nice but i can't to see some of the picture....
    R.I.P Blackomur | The Shadow of Ishtar | Proud to be israeli
    My Tutorial | My Workshop | I.A.F Web | 2D Artist & Skinner

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

I can see all