Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

Default Re: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

Does anyone have a handgun animation for infantry? I'm in the market for one.
    Son of PW

Icon8 Need help with Banzai! animation pack

Hello guys i have some problems with Banzai!s animation pack. i have Tested this on stainless_steel 6.2
    and vanila. but it wont work. i have posted this on Banzai!s. But im too Desperate :O I will be very Thank full.

1. Copy-paste the animations/animations/ folder contents into your M2TW animations
    folder. DONE
    2. Copy-paste the animations/descr_skeletons.txt contents into your mod folder. DONE
    3. Check you have:
    [util]
    no_animdb = true
    set in your preferences.DONE
    4. Delete /animations/pack.idx, pack.dat, skeletons.idx, skeletons.dat for the
    animations to rebuild on next game startup. DONE
    5. You can begin using the animations now (do so by changing the battle_models unit
    skeleton entries as needed) huh? he mean those from the example folder? ok look. one example:
    The decap animation:
    dismounted_gothic_knights_decap_lod0.ms3d converted to dismounted_gothic_knights_decap_lod0.mesh
    DONE
    put the mesh file in this folder unit_models/animtesting
    DONE

next im in the battle_models.modeldb file with wordpad.
    searched for dismounted_gothic_knights
    DONE

I copied over those with the new text :
    25 dismounted_gothic_knights
    1 1
    65 unit_models/animtesting/dismounted_gothic_knights_decap_lod0.mesh 6400
    4 merc
    77 unit_models/_Units/LN_Gothic_RN_Plate/textures/LN_gothic_RN_plate_hre.texture
    80 unit_models/_Units/LN_Gothic_RN_Plate/textures/LN_gothic_RN_plate_normal.texture
    53 unit_sprites/hre_Dismounted_Gothic_Knights_sprite.spr
    4 merc
    56 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_hre_diff.texture
    56 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Heater_hre_norm.texture 0
    4 None
    21 MTW2_Slow_2HSwordsman 0
    24 MTW2_2HSwordsman_Primary 0
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    DONE

Open export_descr_unit DONE
    Searched for Ulster Swordsmen DONE

The new text:
    l
    l
    v

type Ulster Swordsmen
    dictionary Ulster_Swordsmen ; Ulster Swordsmen, up
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    accent French
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier armored_swordsman_bigsword_decap, 48, 0, 12.0 ;, 0.6
    officer gauldrako
    mount_effect horse +2, camel +2 ;;tear off the limbs
    attributes free_upkeep_unit, mercenary_unit, sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, frighten_mounted, frighten_foot, command
    ;formation 0.4, 0, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    formation 2.4, 2.4, 2.4, 2.4, 5, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 24, 96, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, sword, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr ap
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 9, 16, 15, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 0 ; 6
    stat_ground 0, 0, 0, 0 ; 1, -1, 2, 1
    stat_mental 18, impetuous, trained
    stat_charge_dist 6
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 2100, 350, 90, 70, 525, 4, 170
    armour_ug_levels 1, 2, 3 ; 2, 3
    armour_ug_models armored_swordsman_bigsword_decap, dismounted_gothic_knights, f_ambacti
    ownership all ; denmark, norway
    era 2 france, spain
    recruit_priority_offset 0 ; 10

---------------------------l
    Copied over with the new text.
    DONE.

But The game still crashes why?
    please help =))
    maybe this will help lot of other peoples too =)

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need help with Banzai! animation pack

Moved this into the thread for the resource, as it doesn't need a thread of its own.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Default Re: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

is the thread dead ?

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by klotim View Post
    is the thread dead ?
    Hmm, it looks pretty alive to me

But the creator is dead... Banned.. Don't know why?

Well, to your problem, I guess you haven't (re/)moved the main animation files?

Create a folder named backup in your m2tw folder,
    go to "*m2tw-folder*\data\animations\" move the both packs & and skeletons to the backup-folder.

if it still ctds take a look in the system log, if it says that it's an error in "descr_skeleton" one/some of the files is missing, then just unpack the animations again, reinstall v11 and overwrite with v12

Sends a pm just in case that you have forgot this.
    Last edited by JuL14n; December 02, 2009 at 08:33 AM.

vlad's Avatar Artifex

hi - can i use this animation and wagon forts in mongolo-tatars invasin mod ? For nation Bohemia and Moravia (for slavic czesh husites) ???
    Mongol invasion 2 mod for Medieval 2 Kingdoms https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kCR...ew?usp=sharing
    New download links of Vlad Total war mod Rome Expansion and Barbarian invasion on google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IU1...ew?usp=sharing
    Patch for two vlads mods (for Rome and Barbarians) on google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hbE...usp=drive_link
    my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/vladimir.kudin/
    my youtube page https://www.youtube.com/vlad9vt

Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    hi - can i use this animation and wagon forts in mongolo-tatars invasin mod ? For nation Bohemia and Moravia (for slavic czesh husites) ???
    As he is banned I don't think he will answer

But his answer would be, as he said to many others: Yes you can! Just put him in the credits.

btw, I totally fell in love with your mod for BI! Great work! Even if it was some years ago..

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

edit: solved
    Last edited by Stephan; January 13, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

Wow! The decapitations are great!

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Not to be nosy, but, what actually happened to Banzai? I heard some people saying they wouldn't include his animations in a mod due to something they "wouldn't disclose". This only inflates my curiosity and I would like to know why this guy, who obviously has great talent in animating, has been banned and shunned?

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

He used a script from another mod without properly asking for permission, and he had already done something similar so the penalty was harsher.

Question: Can I visualize the animation on a 3D modeler software? Which file should I merge with the model?

Opifex

You need to merge the animation in Milkshape, using KnightErrant's anim utils.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

I'm gonna need more than that

I'm using 3Dsmax but that shouldn't be a problem. Normally what I do is use animmerge to merge the model with the animation and open it in 3Dsmax.

Is there an extra step I should take to view the animation?

Hi, guys, please give me working thread for rome_animationspack_v12.7z, the old is dead.
    Last edited by kela; February 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM.

Attachment 76303

here you are
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Thank you very much!

Opifex

Could someone reupload v11 as well? That's the more important, base, version.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Okay, I've got a problem. I'm trying to merge the shortbow skeleton with a .ms3d file, but it's giving me an error about unpack requiring a string argument or something along those lines. Basically what this seems to mean is that I have to remove the old skeleton in the .ms3d file first, which apparently means I'll have to re-rig the entire model. Problem is, I've previously used the crossbow skeleton from the same pack and I have no recollection whatsoever of having to reassign the entire model to the joints. It has been a while ago but I'm pretty sure I somehow managed to merge the model with the skeleton without actually clearing any joint data. Anybody know if this can be done or am I imagining things?
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    Okay, I've got a problem. I'm trying to merge the shortbow skeleton with a .ms3d file, but it's giving me an error about unpack requiring a string argument or something along those lines. Basically what this seems to mean is that I have to remove the old skeleton in the .ms3d file first, which apparently means I'll have to re-rig the entire model. Problem is, I've previously used the crossbow skeleton from the same pack and I have no recollection whatsoever of having to reassign the entire model to the joints. It has been a while ago but I'm pretty sure I somehow managed to merge the model with the skeleton without actually clearing any joint data. Anybody know if this can be done or am I imagining things?
    Well how did you merge?

At least goat&goal merges the both skeletons into each others without erasing any joint data.
    If you are a stubborn bastard you can merge them with milkshape or 3ds which results in the
    need to remove the old skeleton and reassign every bloody joint to the new one.

And afaik GOM can't merge any extra skeleton parts without problems.

I used the .ms3d merge with external skeleton option in the GOAT toolbox. It's strange because I don't remember having this kind of problem before. Also, when I try to "kit-bash" parts of models onto other models it gives me the same error and the only way I've been able to go around it is by deleting the skeleton in one of the files. Of course this isn't so bad because I only need to re-rig the one sword/helmet/whatever, but this time the entire model is unrigged.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.