Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Total war - serious contender

Default Total war - serious contender

I remember quite a while a go an article on gamespy or IGN or some other site about a strat game currently in development that basically utilises the same formula of RTW but appears to do it a lot better albeit in a fantasy setting of knights, gremlins and orcs. The thing is, the developer of this game is some obscure Russian company and I can't for the life of me remember the game title or even where the article is :S

anyone else heard of this supposed 'total war slayer'???

The game itself is meant to be immense with battles of 10000 + running smoothly on what the developers say is a 'mediocre' system with only a ATI Radeon 9600 (hard to believe) and the developers mention that although seemingly very similair to total war games, this new game is a lot more developed with each specific soldier on the battlefield having abilities such as those seen in a RPG :S

any ideas?

have no idea but sounds cool

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus I
    maybe you are talking about this game? http://www.gamershell.com/download_9622.shtml
    No, that can't be it.
    That game doesn't have anything near 10000 troops in the screenshots and doesn't have orc and goblins like he said it does.

WOW - XIII DOG looks great! Just about to finish downloading the trailer. I want to know what the other one is as well though...

"In the time of battle the loss of innocent life is inevatiable... thats just fate"
    - Gatts, the Black Swordsman

looks kinda nice. Notice how each unit has it own individual look

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    looks kinda nice. Notice how each unit has it own individual look
    Yeah - it adds a lot of variety. Animation on the units on the trailer looks OK. A bit wooden in places. Although I hand it to the cavalry, the horse movement looks good. Perhaps they'll sort the anim out in time - its not due until 2006...

"In the time of battle the loss of innocent life is inevatiable... thats just fate"
    - Gatts, the Black Swordsman

It's just a guess but I think your talking about Hereos of Annihilated Empires.
    http://www.heroesofae.com/

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by adelinser
    It's just a guess but I think your talking about Hereos of Annihilated Empires.
    http://www.heroesofae.com/
    Oh dear not the bloody cossacks 2 engine again.

Bruticus the Steadfast's Avatar Civitate

So do you not even remember then name? Or are you trying to get us to guess? lol
    Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Default Game

lol sorry for the late reply and no I wasn't tryina get you all to guess

From looking at all the suggested games I'm afraid to say that none of them are the game I'm searching for, although they all do look like good games.

The thing with this game is that the actual strat map is on a fully 3D rotational 'realm' of the fantasy setting in which the game is set. Believe me the game looks amazing from the few screenshots I ever saw of it (unfortunatley a friend in college showed me it on the college computers so I don't know any links or names of it)

I get this strange feeling though that this game begins with a 'Z' and also that there are 4 main factions something like 'the empire, the humans etc' with sub races descended from each faction available to play once you get some sort of heroic soldier that has proved himself worthy enough (where by a revolution takes place or something)

I dunno, someone please throw some information up, I'm startin to think I imagined it all lmao (although I know I havent)

p.s.

The reason I want to know info about this game is that it looks absolutley AMAZING!

You are not talking about this are you, beacause this game looks ok, had it bookmarked for a few months now:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/588/588846p1.html?fromint=1

Bruticus the Steadfast's Avatar Civitate

Well. I totally forgot about that one. That could be it..but its not fantasy.
    Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Ahh! I remember now. The game is a 3d fantasy. I will find it and post a link. I remember seeing the screenshots of the castle and some of the formations. The story is something about war breaking out in the kingdom and it was started by the humans. Thanks for the reminder.

Default Game

Airborne that game looks awesome but sadly that still aint the one :S this game is DEFINATLEY fantasy based kinda like warhammer etc but totally original story and races.

Please post the link adrenliser if you have any info!!!

got it!!! thanks so much!! can finally keep track on its development

'The ensuing clashes will be epic in scale, with armies of up to 20,000 polygonal creatures ranging from infantry to cavalry, monsters and magicians meeting on maps of up to four square kilometers in size'

'Miere's races have many branched cultures that are partially similar to existing ones (Slavic, European, Scandinavian, Byzantine, Mongolian, etc'

'The action of the game occurs in the fantasy world Miere, which was completely developed by our team. It is a medieval-like fantasy setting fundamentally based on pseudo-realism. The overall objective was to create a believable mix of the realistic components, such as geo-politics and medieval-style warfare, and fantasy features - magic, gods, supernatural beings, etc'

Thats it!!

Glad I could help. I will be following this one as well. I am downloading the trailer from filefront, you might want to check it out.
    Last edited by adelinser; June 18, 2005 at 10:50 AM.

Default Telladar

'The built-in AI is a multilevel system capable of imitating behavioral models of a human player as well as modeling behavioral stereotypes of known military leaders. Its implementation is based on organic synthesis of modified fuzzy logic systems, a wide range of optimization methods and criterion functions, based on the foundation of centuries of military history'

Lets hope it delivers what it promises!!.......

Early development battle screen...
    http://www.mindlinkstudio.com/engine_img/b_b1.jpg

My only fear for this game is that it may never be fully realised due to what seems to be a rather over looked develoment team :S

After watching the trailer it looks like RTW units with MTW landscapes. Only the water and castle seem to be well rendered. I sure this is an early build. I also agree with you english man, this team will likely be overlooked.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast