Thread: My grandpa the auxillia

Default My grandpa the auxillia

ok, here's a pic i took and photoshoped (a lot. . .). it was inspired by a pic of a archer auxillia that was somehow push in to a barbarian house/yard by an oliphaunt. so i took it and added a few things and turned it into this, my grandpa the auxillia, though its a little bad and could difinetively use some work, this is not the finale copy, i hope that this will add a new flavor to the way people make pics, this is a "new look" at pictures i guess.
    [img=http://img61.echo.cx/img61/5450/mygrandpathelegionaire1dc.th.jpg]

edit: if ur goin huh? i tied to make this pic like a picture people would take in the old days, though of course romans didnt have camras, but y'know . . . they were old . . .

(sorry for the double post) wat? no one cares enough to post? must i talk to myself? its not that bad . . .
    90 veiws too . . .

Bovril's Avatar Primicerius
    Civitate Patrician

I like the concept. Maybe putting it in seppia would look good. What's up with the guy on the left? Also, it looks like the camera lens was wet when the photo was taken (to extend the analogy) cos of the bluring.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Whoa, thats kind of creepy. I like the transparent effect. once you get it all perfected, you should submit it for POTD. It could definately be a likely contender

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

the guy on the left is actually a gal on the left, i heavily photoshoped her, to make her look like she's holding a baby, the blur is actually ment to make it look like it was an old photograph, taken by a bad camera, but wat u say is good too. i diceded to make the pic a little historically accurate and make the wife a barb female peasent pic. since the village was barbaric and most roman soldiers married in places they were defending, the woman is barbaric too.later, i want to add the back of a legionarie's head the the front of the pic, it would represent the legionarie who's grandpa was an auxillia and has therefore made his family citizense (bad spelling srry), and the legionarie would be looking at his old gramps photo, i think that would add a nice touch . . .

Bruticus the Steadfast's Avatar Civitate

I though she was a ghost lol. Acutaly..I thought HE was a ghost. Shows what I know....lol.
    Under the patronage of the Black Prince

they ae both sortof ghostly now that u mention it . . . *shudders*

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Bruticus the Steadfast
    I though she was a ghost lol. Acutaly..I thought HE was a ghost. Shows what I know....lol.
    I did too. Weird. But good!
    Dr. Who fans at the ready. March! http://doctorwho.myfreeforum.org/index.php