Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO MORE Grim Little Fixes V0.05 13/07/2009 (Latest fixes include building and unit fixes for Templar & Hospitaler orders)

Icon7 NO MORE Grim Little Fixes V0.05 13/07/2009 (Latest fixes include building and unit fixes for Templar & Hospitaler orders)

IMPORTANT NO MORE Grim Little Fixes.

Grim Little Fixes version 0.05 or LOWER DO NOT REQUIRE CAMPAIGN RESTART, you can use them with your save game!

Latest Version is Version 0.05 (building and unit fixes for Templar & Hospitaler orders )

My thanks to creators of Medieval 2: Total War - Kingdoms custom modification Deus Lo Vult and Taiji for his Battlefield Balance for DLV.
    Grim little fixes requires DLV 6.1 and Taijii's Battlefield Balance 2.2 for DLV 6.x with latest update (07/06/2009 - is the latest June update that Grim little fixes require to function).

Unit cards are made by
    Agis Tournas and used with his permission (so remember to thank him too).

PLEASE BACKUP your old files just in case.
    Just put in your DLV directory without changing directory structure and overwrite old files.

IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME DOWNLOADING GRIM LITTLE FIXES THEN DOWNLOAD:

http://www.filefront.com/14030965/Gr...esLARGE005.rar

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE VERSION 0.04 AND ALL BEFORE IT, THEN DOWNLOAD JUST UPDATE VERSION 0.05 (JUST UPDATE):

http://www.filefront.com/14031017/Gr...sUPDATE005.rar

I have decided to give something to great community of DLV.
    Grim Little Fixes are small changes to erroneous lines of codes. They are not meant to change game balance by it's nature , they will of course alter balance because of the fixes itself but that is unavoidable .

Current Version is 0.05 and it contains small BUT GROWING number of fixes.
    This is a test to see how will community of DLV players respond to my changes.
    If there is a positive reaction to these fixes I might continue doing them.
    If reaction continues to be positive I might do a big INTENTIONAL REBALANCE of DLV in separate thread.

YOUR HELP IS NEEDED!!!

Report any small inconsistencies that you have noticed in DLV 6.1 + Taiji's Updated BB; like unit stats, certain faction seems to be missing ability to build a building or units in campaign, missing unit info and unit card pictures and etc. I might attempt to fix them and update Grim Little Fixes.

I can not do much (for now) about big crashes that plague DLV player so these are separate issues.
    Of course if you had crashes due to installing Grim Little Fixes, report them.

I might also do Grim Little Fixes for just DLV 6.1 if people want them

List of fixes in Version 0.01B (I immediately updated this to V0.01Bm forgot to add ability to recruit priests for Georgia and Armenia from level 2 and 3 monasteries)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Missing Text EDB fix : Changed EDB files [teutonic_knights_hq requires factions { hre, }] added missing teutons, so Teutonic knights can build Headquaters [teutonic_knights_hq requires factions { hre, teutons, }]
    Erroneus Text EDB fix : st_johns_minor_ch requires factions { england, france, elo, scotland, denmark, hungary, poland, papal_states, milan, sicily, venice, flanders, armenia, } deleted Armenia since it is obviously an error
    Rebalanced back to Creative Assembly's original intentions [jousting_lists castle requires factions] added Teutons and Kingdom of Jerusalem
    Rebalanced back to CA's original intentions [tourney_fields castle requires factions castle requires factions] added Teutons and Kingdom of Jerusalem
    Changed battle_modeldb - added lines to fix invisible Hussites; STILL MISSING : Proper Hussites sprites for Poland
    Missing UNIT INFO picture added famiglia_ducale_info.tga to Venice (ORIGINAL CREATIVE ASSEMBLY's ART)
    Missing UNIT INFO picture added genoese_crossbow_militia_info.tga to Venice (ORIGINAL CREATIVE ASSEMBLY's ART)
    Missing UNIT INFO picture added genoese_crossbowmen_info.tga to Venice (ORIGINAL CREATIVE ASSEMBLY's ART)
    Missing UNIT INFO picture added venetian_archers_info.tga to Milan (ORIGINAL CREATIVE ASSEMBLY's ART)
    Missing UNIT picture added venetian_heavy_infantry_info.tga to Milan (ORIGINAL CREATIVE ASSEMBLY's ART)
    Missing UNIT picture added #famiglia_ducale.tga to Venice (ORIGINAL CREATIVE ASSEMBLY's ART)
    Missing UNIT picture added #genoese_crossbow_militia.tga to Venice (ORIGINAL CREATIVE ASSEMBLY's ART)
    Missing UNIT picture added #genoese_crossbowmen.tga to Venice (ORIGINAL CREATIVE ASSEMBLY's ART)
    Missing UNIT picture added #venetian_archers.tga to Milan (ORIGINAL CREATIVE ASSEMBLY's ART)
    Missing UNIT picture added #venetian_heavy_infantry.tga to Milan (ORIGINAL CREATIVE ASSEMBLY's ART)
    Changed Quapukulu Secondary weapon to intended value 11, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, blunt, mace, 20, 1 ; level 8
    Temporary FIX: Added Missing UNIT INFO picture for Hussites, it uses temporary art of Letts_Crossbowmen_info.tga just renamed
    Temporary FIX: Added Missing UNIT picture for Hussites, it uses temporary art of #Letts_Crossbowmen.tga just renamed
    Debatable additions to oriental orthodox factions
    Armenia and Georgia given ability to build ikoner_studio (orthodox factions)
    Armenia and Georgia given ability to build master_ikoner_studio (orthodox factions)
    Armenia and Georgia given ability to build hermit_anchorit (orthodox factions)
    Armenia and Georgia given ability to build monast_anchorit (orthodox factions)
    Armenia and Georgia given ability to build abbey_anchorit (orthodox factions)
    Armenia and Georgia given ability to build hermit_cenobit (orthodox factions)
    Armenia and Georgia given ability to build monast_cenobit (orthodox factions)
    Armenia and Georgia given ability to build abbey_cenobit (orthodox factions)
    End of Debatable additions to oriental orthodox factions.
    List of Changes (Version 0.01B):
    Debatable additions to oriental orthodox factions
    Armenia and Georgia given ability to recruit priests from monast_anchorit (orthodox factions)
    Armenia and Georgia given ability to recruit priests from abbey_anchorit (orthodox factions)
    Armenia and Georgia given ability to recruit priests from monast_cenobit (orthodox factions)
    Armenia and Georgia given ability to recruit priests from abbey_cenobit (orthodox factions)
    End of Debatable additions to oriental orthodox factions.

VERSION 0.03 (CASTLE DUNGEONS UPDATE) FIXES

VERSION 0.03 UPDATE (DUNGEONS OF Barad-dūr) Hungarians, Armenians and other enslaved…(I mean free) people of Middle Earth Rejoice!
    ADDED Ability to produce Dungeons in Metropolis Castles So those who have castles as seats of power will be able to imprison Disobedient Family Members under same conditions that applied to City dungeons.
    (Have in mind a player can't change Seat of Power without moding a game, simply changing capital wont be of much use)
    Changed it so Dungeons in castles will not lower happiness (or they will slow growth in castle since you can't build more then few happiness buildings in castles)
    Castle Dungeons require minimum of Castle upgrade!
    Changed short description of export_buildings.txt in Text Folder.

Version 0.04 (Stone Walls, Cossack Musketeers and Contaratoi) fixes

VERSION 0.04 (Stone Walls, Cossack Musketeers and Contaratoi fix)
    Fixed Stone Walls Free Upkeep (was typed 2 times so it provided double intended upkeep)
    Fixed Armenia's Contaratoi invisible model. You can't recruit them in game but it was a problem since Armenian's had them in their army at the begining of their campaing
    Fixed Armenia's Contaratoi unit card (thanks CBUR or Tokus*MaximusI think?)
    Fixed Armenia's Contaratoi INFO unit card (thanks CBUR or Tokus*Maximus I think?)
    FIXED Russia and Kiev ability to recruit "Cossack Musketeers" without Grand Cross general (this seems like a bug since no other foot gunpowder unit, no matter how good requires it, or any city unit, or any infantry unit) [recruit_pool "Cossack Musketeers" 0 0.5 4 0 requires factions { russia, kiev, } and region_religion orthodox 60 and event_counter malleus_maleficarum 1 and event_counter grandcross_present 1]

Version 0.05 ( building and unit fixes for Templar & Hospitaler orders)

VERSION 0.05 (building and unit fix for Templar & Hospitaler orders)
    Templar Sergeants given to rosters of Norway and Flanders for custom battles (they could already build them in campaign)
    guild_templars_minor_ch can now be built by Norway (unit building requirements were OK already)
    templars_major_ch can now be built by Norway (unit building requirements were OK already)
    templars_major_ch can now be built by Norway (unit building requirements were OK already)
    st_john can now be built by Norway and Ireland (unit building requirements were OK already)
    st_johns_major_ch can now be built by Norway and Ireland (unit building requirements were OK already)
    st_johns_hq can now be built by Norway and Ireland (unit building requirements were OK already)

Have Fun and Good Luck!
    Last edited by Grimblade; September 05, 2009 at 05:44 AM. Reason: THanks to Agis Tournas for Unit Cards :)!

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Re: Grim Little Fixes V0.03 08/07/2009 (CASTLE DUNGEONS ARE HERE!)

Nice work Grimblade +rep (when I have spread some around)

I hope you don't mind that I am looking at your bugfixing as feedback, I will incorporate any BB relevant fixes you achieve in the next BB version.

Personally I really appreciate the efforts you're going to, thankyou!

Plus I really like this castle dungeons idea, it seems so obvious now you've done it. Great idea, Grimblade

edit: BTW I'm sorry about the Milan and Venice units... I feel like I set you up to do pointless work. I was just messing around when I made their unique units available to each other.

Seems to me we could have a 'northern italy' faction, a kind of 'kalmar union' but for milan and venice. But then I lost momentum with the idea.

I should have undone my work there properly, sorry if it feels I wasted your time.
    Last edited by Taiji; July 10, 2009 at 07:10 AM.

Default Re: Grim Little Fixes V0.03 08/07/2009 (CASTLE DUNGEONS ARE HERE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Nice work Grimblade +rep (when I have spread some around)

I hope you don't mind that I am looking at your bugfixing as feedback, I will incorporate any BB relevant fixes you achieve in the next BB version.

Personally I really appreciate the efforts you're going to, thankyou!

Plus I really like this castle dungeons idea, it seems so obvious now you've done it. Great idea, Grimblade

edit: BTW I'm sorry about the Milan and Venice units... I feel like I set you up to do pointless work. I was just messing around when I made their unique units available to each other.

Seems to me we could have a 'northern italy' faction, a kind of 'kalmar union' but for milan and venice. But then I lost momentum with the idea.

I should have undone my work there properly, sorry if it feels I wasted your time.
    Actually I find it great that you want to incorporate my fixes (or that anyone else would and that is why I am trying to keep detailed log).
    And it will also save me time when you make new version of B.B.
    BTW adding Famiglia Ducale to Venice might not be that bad (since cavalry is so strong), but I think "Kalmar union' script is quite a bit of work (haven't checked it yet). Though adding it without a script is ok too. I am anyway going to disable their availability to Venice for now.

Snipe's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Grim Little Fixes V0.04 11/07/2009 (Latest fixes include Stone Walls, Cossack Musketeers and Contaratoi fix)

great stuff, +rep

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Grim Little Fixes V0.05 13/07/2009 (Latest fixes include building and unit fixes for Templar & Hospitaler orders)

If all these are fully compitable... then I will try it soon

BUT as a major tip, you should edit the first post like Agistournas, DLV BUG thread or DLV 6.1 DL thread, to make it easier to quickly navigate and bug report Throw in some gaphics aswell. Pictures speaks louder then 1000's words and much quicker and easier for the mind

Example: would you download a mod, were the whole Download therad was full of text, or from SS DL-thread, Agistournas-thread, DLV 6.1-thread?
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Default Re: Grim Little Fixes V0.05 13/07/2009 (Latest fixes include building and unit fixes for Templar & Hospitaler orders)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackleaf-Wille View Post
    If all these are fully compitable... then I will try it soon

BUT as a major tip, you should edit the first post like Agistournas, DLV BUG thread or DLV 6.1 DL thread, to make it easier to quickly navigate and bug report Throw in some gaphics aswell. Pictures speaks louder then 1000's words and much quicker and easier for the mind

Example: would you download a mod, were the whole Download therad was full of text, or from SS DL-thread, Agistournas-thread, DLV 6.1-thread?
    Grim Little Fixes should be compatible with DLV + Taiji's BB (as of 07/06/2009) and not require campaign restart (tried it several times on mine).
    Only reason it should not be compatible is if you have something other installed with DLV 6.1 that changed EDU, EDB or battle_models.modeldb files, but just to be sure do backup your files and if there is a problem please report it !

Thanks on a tip for editing post. This mod has mostly EDU, EDB script changes, export_units.txt and battle_models changes. Things like ability to build a dungeon in a castle would be really, really small or would need to be zoomed up extremely close and then you would not see it is a castle . Unit cards that I supplied with it are made by someone else so I would prefer not to post them and make someone think I am ripping their work and then me.
    BUT I will add some small pictures later and small summary. (when I make Version 0.06).

If I release my major re-balance pack with new units (mostly Kingdoms of Jerusalem units but units for other factions too) and mechanics there will be a lot of pictures I promise .

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

Quote Originally Posted by Grimblade View Post
    Unit cards that I supplied with it are made by someone else so I would prefer not to post them and make someone think I am ripping their work.
    The unit cards you are using are my work
    Units' Cards improvement Project [UCiP]
    and I do not have a problem if you want to use them.
    Just give credit.

Cheers
    Agis
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar

Quote Originally Posted by Agis Tournas View Post
    The unit cards you are using are my work
    Units' Cards improvement Project [UCiP]
    and I do not have a problem if you want to use them.
    Just give credit.

Cheers
    Agis

Ohhh Thanks ! I will update my post. with mentioning they are yours .

Laetus

You ask for help reporting inconsistencies, so here goes: I think the Hanseatic League guild should be available to all northern european states, at least add England and Flanders, too. And Bruges and London could give guild points for it. (wrote after looking at the guilds and buildings files)

Also, the founder of hanse -triggers take like 30% of the ancillaries file, this seems very unnecessary. Would removing them speed up turn process?

Let's keep polishing this great mod!

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

I've had each king in turn become "founder of the hanse" which is obviously wrong.

Another thing which messes up the hanseatic league is being able to construct it's HQ in more than one place. It needs to be unique or it can ruin your game, since with about 5 of these money becomes no object.

Reckon you can sort that Mr Grimblade?

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    I've had each king in turn become "founder of the hanse" which is obviously wrong.

Another thing which messes up the hanseatic league is being able to construct it's HQ in more than one place. It needs to be unique or it can ruin your game, since with about 5 of these money becomes no object.

Reckon you can sort that Mr Grimblade?
    Hanse guild definitely needs fixing. For starters it gives you INSANE

faction_capability
    {
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 4
    }
    Yes that is trade bonus FOR EVERY CITY AND CASTLE through your empire for LEVEL 1 GUILD (it still needs 500 points but they seem easier to get then building Merchant Guilt Headquarters that is level 3 building and gives only trade_base_income_bonus bonus 3 FOR SINGLE HUGE city.
    This Hanse Faction wide bonus HAS TO be nerfed in my opinion but then again it this becomes rebalancing. On top of that it gives you GREAT character traits and worst of all it can be built by only few factions while others don't have an equivalent guild for it...
    It has only one level so I guess that is why it becomes HQ so much (I think it is HQ for EVERY single city it is built in because fo how M2TW Kingdoms engine handles it). Traits are good but I will see if they should be refined.
    I did think of balancing the guild by giving it to more European powers, and nerfing trade_base_income_bonus bonus TO 1 and then giving ability to rest of the factiojns to build Slave_Markets without slave resource (there would be a less of trade bonus for the cities that have no slave resource) also giving some traits for governing city with slave markets as well as enslaving (plundering) cities and on top of that some ancillaries; as it stands now it is funny that your characters can sell young girls (and boys if they swing that way), exploit them and remain totally ambivalent about it (either not growing to be slave exploiter or coming to hate slavery, and they also never get any slave ancillary be it slave mistress, slave bodyguard or freed slave ). But this is much more then fixing. I also sort of implemented 6 new unit MODELS in the DLV and I wanted to add all those changes to DLV with it as well as adding changes to trade scaling and taxes as well as population growth fixes. This mans that I would make completely separate mini mod then Grim Little Fixes and Grim Crowns and Movement change where I could just rebalance things quite a bit. When it comes to being able to build only one Hanseatic headquarters I could add more levels for it but I always looked at it as a local Hanseatic headquarter (for that city not for your empire), I guess it would be ok as long as I nerfed it a lot and rebalanced trade also (this is how it was implemented by default in M2TW:Kingdoms Teutonic, only one level not sure if it was also always HQ or they had a trick to not make it HQ every time). Anyone has an idea for a name of similar type guild for rest of the European/Christian factions and Muslim factions?

On other hand I could start implementing small rebalance changes into the Grim Little fixes (Fertility and Hanse for starters)

UPDATE: I have looked at trigger data for Hanse traits. Trigger data for trait H_Founder_Of_Hanse is in ancillaries file no less and it is longer then Lord of the Rings books. I also saw lots of triggers for factions that can't even build Hanse league buildings like Sicily, England, France, Milan and etc.. I GUESS NOTHING ELSE LEFT EXCEPT TO

Laetus

Yep, the Hanse triggers caused almost hilarity in me

I like the idea of Hanseatic Guild HQ being an unique building, because it will enhance the variety of the game and make it like a "side objective" to get hanse settlements before others (AI factions can build guilds, right?). The HQ effects can be nerfed a bit, yes, but they should be substantial if it's unique. I like unique settlements, the main boredom-causing factor in total war -games is that every settlement is so similar to others. (Without mods with regional recruitment and nice historical info like Europa Barbarorum)

And why do other factions have to have similar guilds? In my (humble) opinion would like it better if every faction had differently functioning, and thematic, guilds. Or various small-time objectives, which would reward you with cool buildings and traits and generate pretty event pictures \o/
    It is true, though, that the hansa guild is the only one with that wide bonuses. But this is not a multiplayer game, so I don't see the point of making every faction play the same.

But, great plans, Grim! You seem to be very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by JJN View Post
    Yep, the Hanse triggers caused almost hilarity in me

I like the idea of Hanseatic Guild HQ being an unique building, because it will enhance the variety of the game and make it like a "side objective" to get hanse settlements before others (AI factions can build guilds, right?). The HQ effects can be nerfed a bit, yes, but they should be substantial if it's unique. I like unique settlements, the main boredom-causing factor in total war -games is that every settlement is so similar to others. (Without mods with regional recruitment and nice historical info like Europa Barbarorum)

And why do other factions have to have similar guilds? In my (humble) opinion would like it better if every faction had differently functioning, and thematic, guilds. Or various small-time objectives, which would reward you with cool buildings and traits and generate pretty event pictures \o/
    It is true, though, that the hansa guild is the only one with that wide bonuses. But this is not a multiplayer game, so I don't see the point of making every faction play the same.

But, great plans, Grim! You seem to be very effective.
    Different factions have to have similar types of guild because it is easy to balance and implement (No other reason )
    Hanse isn't meant to be unique building (it is ripped from M2TW: Kingdoms teutonic) but considering how insanely strong it is, it could as well be. But then again there could be some sort of SUPER HEADQUARTERS for Hanse that would give those great trait bonuses, lots of faction wide trade income increase and be unique, but I think it would need a campaign restart to function 100% , since it would need counter stuff in campaign_script.txt.

I think I will make it so that Hanse guild has 3 levels , and only Headquater gives faction wide bonus (wonders will now also give + 1 faction wide trade bonus cost 24000 gold and 20 turns to build as well as have larger local bonuses). Founder of Hanse triggers will die and be replaced with trigger that will fire 100% when Hanse guild headquarter is built, at least this is easy and makes most sense to me.

On top of that version 0.06 is going to be last version for Grim Little Fixes and version 1.01 is going to be last version for Grim Crown and movement change after that only Grim Big Update will exist (one with units) if I ever get myself to do it. I basically have 6 new models of units done, they are made by CA but added or changed by me I need about 4 more or I might as well keep it at 6, btw THEY WILL REQUIRE CAMPAIGN RESTART ! Also some factions get new units without new models (most of all Kingdom of Jerusalem).

Laetus

I think I will make it so that Hanse guild has 3 levels , and only Headquater gives faction wide bonus (wonders will now also give + 1 faction wide trade bonus cost 24000 gold and 20 turns to build as well as have larger local bonuses). Founder of Hanse triggers will die and be replaced with trigger that will fire 100% when Hanse guild headquarter is built, at least this is easy and makes most sense to me.

On top of that version 0.06 is going to be last version for Grim Little Fixes and version 1.01 is going to be last version for Grim Crown and movement change after that only Grim Big Update will exist (one with units) if I ever get myself to do it. I basically have 6 new models of units done, they are made by CA but added or changed by me I need about 4 more or I might as well keep it at 6, btw THEY WILL REQUIRE CAMPAIGN RESTART ! Also some factions get new units without new models (most of all Kingdom of Jerusalem).
    SweeT!
    Will you also add more factions who are able to have the Hansa Guild? At least England and Flanders would historically have been part of the trade league. The idea of making slavery have more effects gets my support, too! (If somebody is able to implement a nice little regional recruiting system in DLV on top of all this, I am able to declare this mod perfect for my part )

BTW, remembered an other glitch: The Moors have at the beginning 2 units of militia crossbowmen (or something like that), which don't have pictures and the unit stat card looks messed up. Is it just me, or have others it like that too?

SweeT!
    Will you also add more factions who are able to have the Hansa Guild? At least England and Flanders would historically have been part of the trade league. The idea of making slavery have more effects gets my support, too! (If somebody is able to implement a nice little regional recruiting system in DLV on top of all this, I am able to declare this mod perfect for my part )

BTW, remembered an other glitch: The Moors have at the beginning 2 units of militia crossbowmen (or something like that), which don't have pictures and the unit stat card looks messed up. Is it just me, or have others it like that too?
    About unit cards and pic, it takes me too much to make those sorry I can only use those made by Agis Tournas (I made some for NEW UNITS I plan to add but those are ...well think of a 80 year old leper woman , posing units for small unit cards is worst of all).

I already added them for England and Flanders and added triggers now doing rest, there isn't even entry for Hanseatic guild in descr_building_battle.txt, hilarious since a lot of Hansa buildings where nuked by riots or destroyed by enemies (if I read that correctly).

La Bestia Von Garlet's Avatar Tiro

Good ideas you had mate!
    +rep for you

Laetus

About unit cards and pic, it takes me too much to make those sorry I can only use those made by Agis Tournas (I made some for NEW UNITS I plan to add but those are ...well think of a 80 year old leper woman , posing units for small unit cards is worst of all).

I already added them for England and Flanders and added triggers now doing rest, there isn't even entry for Hanseatic guild in descr_building_battle.txt, hilarious since a lot of Hansa buildings where nuked by riots or destroyed by enemies (if I read that correctly).
    Yay, I figured out the crossbowmen thing: In the historical campaign descr_strat.txt (the imperial is fine), moorish towns of Sevilla and Murcia are given "Crossbow Militia" units, while the correct unit should be "ME Crossbow Militia", like in Cordoba for example. So they should be changed to "ME Crossbow Militia" in descr_strat and all is well
    Don't the moors have pics at all for european crossbowmen... I don't know, but the Crossbow Militia should be a proper unit in catholic factions... Why it displays peasant image for the moors?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Why it displays peasant image for the moors?
    The RTW peasant shows up when there is no unit card. There are typically no unit cards for a unit that a faction cannot produce. You are right that those xbows just need adding 'ME ' to fix this descr_strat issue. Thanks for raising it

Forget about Grim Little Fixes V0.06 being last versions I am getting destroyed here. I deleted 595 (yes that is 5x100 + 9x10 + 5x1 ) triggers and none of them actually checked if player built ANY Hanseatic League buildings (they only checked if player owned certain settlements, not even if those settlements had ANY Hanseatic League buildings in them). On top of that some factions that could get title Founder of the Hanse were not "members" of the league (but of course they couldn't build Hanseatic buildings) and some that were members and could build Hanseatic League buildings could NOT get a title . At least deleting triggers was quick but adding all the new stuff was NOT easy. Most hilarious is that M2TW:Kingdoms archaic and broken scripting language doesn't seem to recognize GuildUpgraded OR guild building built events (asked around AND tried to implement it). It can't be implemented to be exactly as I planed (player gets title the moment he builds Hanseatic League LEVEL 3 guild - new Headquarters). But at least 595 Hanseatic triggers got compressed to 9 (better for your CPU and game speed ). Now leader of each faction that can build Hanseatic League building will get Founder of the Hanse title if his faction possesses New Level 3 Hanseatic Guild headquarters. Rest of the titles and triggers that concerned hanseatic are left intact. Of course since now Hanseatic League has 3 guild buildings acquiring it and effects they produce are different. I also changed Wonders so no they are worthy of being called Wonders but are not Overpowered. I changed slave markets to balance Hanseatic League (despite the fact that league is much less OverPowered now, before it it was UTTERLY INSANE!)and now I am implementing last character and ancillary triggers. Not sure when I will finish but I am getting really tired of M2TW script language.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast