Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Saving Campaign Battle Replays - It's possible

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Saving Campaign Battle Replays - It's possible

I got CTD as well using campaign replays. I have vista 32, UAC switch off, M2 and kingdom separate box. Could it be that gold edition works fine?.

Also would an army containing mercenary unit or feature (buildings, trees, etc..) present in campaign but not available in custom battle be the cause of CTD for replays? (just trying to find common factor)

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
    Could it be that gold edition works fine?
    no, same problems with gold on xp
    Last edited by megalitho; January 06, 2011 at 08:12 AM. Reason: orthography

Battlerager's Avatar Civis

For whatever it is worth - on Steam version I cannot watch replays...at all.

The replay will show video right until the deployment phase ends, and then bam! Crash.

Yeah I'm getting the same problem as you Valandil, does anyone have a fix? I'm going to try renaming my folder once I start the mod up and see if that maybe works...

Edit: Nvm as I was afraid can't edit the folder while playing. I just suspect that it's a steam probably because of us having to rename our Third Age folder to make it work.
    Last edited by Dr.Nick; February 24, 2011 at 04:31 AM.

Anyone have idea for getting this working for steam?

Garch's Avatar Foederatus

anyone know why game crashes when i try to play replay?

Anyone els has a problem of the console not opening when pressing ~ ? Does not seem to open for me, or maybe my laptopīs keyboard is being an arsh.

ObiWan86's Avatar Civis

Uhm, when i try the replay, before even the deployement, a scroll came out and it says "Replay Finished"
    am i the only one who has this bug? is there is a way to fix it?
    I'm a natural born from Indonesia

Nice, but,,,

How can we disable battle-replays ?? I don't want it to record during the battle. I don't care if I can save, watch or not... I want to disable recording battle.

Any idea??

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Why would you do that? If you dont want the replay, you dont save it
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Why would you do that? If you dont want the replay, you dont save it

Bec. it(=recording) takes your mem+cpu+hdd using(a little bit). I am not talking about "saving", it is about "recording" process. I am fine with R-TW in any graph qualt. and any army size at any speed. But I can't say the same for M2-TW(Actually I was asking for Med2). It stress my comp. when a lot of men on the battle and when I get closer view. TW series based on CPU+Mem+GPU, all together sysym performance(not like FPS games).

I oc. my CPU from 3.16 to +4.00 Ghz. It shows difference. So why not a little bit more perf. ???

So; How can we disable battle recording?? can we??

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Hmm, that's true. I want to disable it too
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Paragon's Avatar Senator

I hope this doesn't bother you and apologize in advance for the necromancy. I haven't played this mod (yet) but I'm interested i this feature. I use Stainless Steel.

I am planning to write and AAR and so this would be extremely helpful for me, since I could do the battles normally and then get the screencaps in the replay.

However, I don't know is this is only third age total war compatible, because in my computer (intel core i7, windows 7) does not show the error menssage that apparently should in the load replay screen. Instead shortly after I get to the commence the replay, in the very deployment, an error crashes my game. I also noticed this replay is far heavier than my other battles. I don't know about these cinematic editors, what are these?
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

Saving campaign battle replays in TATW 3.2 using submod PCP doesn`t work, after ending battle I open statistics screen and open console and write save_battle_battle name, but it tells me command not recognised, use ? for help. And after using ? and typing save_battle_battle name again, the same thing happens. I have win 7, not laptop but desktop PC, non-steam MTW2 and Kingdoms, UAC disabled, daylight savings off, MTW2\replays folder exists, even the ones I need in TATW 3.2 for CinEd(replays and cameras folders which are in mods\Third_Age_3). I can save Custom battles replay. And I have a system.log (why is system.log created for that campaign battle, I had no CTD or any error). Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Mystery SOLVED! I was doing some testings and finnaly got it to work. Now I can take screenshots in TATW 3.2 campaign replays, u don`t have to write any command in command console after ending battle and viewing the statistics screen, just exit the battle, save your campaign and exit the game. Then go to C:\Program Files..\SEGA\Medieval II TW\temp. There u will see campaign_battle.rpy, copy\paste that into C:\Program Files..\SEGA\Medieval II TW\replays( if u haven`t got that folder, make it, also make it in mods\Third_Age_3) rename it to anything but campaign_battle.rpy(campaign_battle.rpy is a default name for every next battle u have in your campaign, it just overwrites the battle one after another) then copy\paste that renamed .rpy file to mods\Third_Age_3\replays, start your TATW game and go to Load Game, Load battle replay, find your saved replay, load it, the screen that informs u that is an error, click Ok and voila, U`ll see your battle replay FINNALY. After u want to exit, u have to minimize the game by pressing ALT+TAB, then start the task manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and in Task Manager close the Medieval II TW or end task. It worked for me, if it works for u, +rep for my 2 days effort for dealing with this.

EDIT: IT`s better to watch campaign replays with CinEditor. EDIT: As MaxMazi wrote in his first post, after the campaign battle replay has ended, press ALT+TAB to minimize the game, open Task Manager( CTRL+ALT+DELETE) and end task for MTW2( it can show u for Kingdoms to end task too).

EDIT: Looks like the campaign battle replay doesn`t work in custom settlements, had one in Alreadyded`s PCP, but no luck getting it to work. But campaign battle replays on open field work.

Another EDIT: In some settlements, campaign battle replay works, and in some it doesn`t. LOL

So, these are the steps:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. Fight your campaign battle, after ending it, close the statistics screen, save your campaign progress and exit the game.
    2. Go to C:\ Program Files..\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\ temp. There should be a file
    campaign_battle.rpy( it is a default file for saving every next battle u take in your campaign, it just overwrites one on top of the other).
    3. Create a folder named replays in your C....\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\, and if u have some mod for MTW2 or Kingdoms ( I have Third Age 3), then create another folder named replays in there( for TATW it is ..MTW2\mods\Third_Age_3\).
    4. Copy the
    campaign_battle.rpy file( the whole name along with .rpy), paste it in your MTW2\ replays folder, and Rename it to something els than campaign_battle( example Battle1.rpy). And if u have a mod(TATW) copy and paste this newly renamed .rpy file( example Battle1.rpy) to MTW2\mods\Third_Age_3\replays folder.
    5. Start your game, go to Load Game, find your saved replay(
    example Battle1) and load it. Screen that appears telling u that it is an Error, close it by pressing Accept and view your campaign battle replay.
    6. After the campaign battle replay has ended, press ALT+TAB to minimize the game, open Task Manager( CTRL+ALT+DELETE) and end task for MTW2( it can show u for Kingdoms to end task too).

A little screenie from my campaign battle:

Few screenies from successeful town battle replay in a campaign:

Last edited by ElvenKind; November 09, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Guys I can't get this to work. I'm using TATW 3.2 and the console command, i.e. "save_battle_replay ReplayName". After slowing for a little while, and finishes what I think is a save, the replay folder in the ME2TW folder remains empty. Anyone got any ideas?

Regards,
    Mike

Yeah, this plain doesn't work for me. I always get an "unspecified error" and the game CTDs. Sorry, it's just not possible. I don't know how you guys can do it but the fates have conspired to never let me watch campaign battle replays.

Here is the solution I've found:
    Before you open a replay, you have to delete the map.rwm file (it is recreated automatically each time you start a campaign, battle or replay to include changes in EDU, etc.).
    It works fine for me in almost every replay now. There are still some battle replays that won't work, but very few compared to what was earlier.
    I tested it on Call of Warhammer BotET (M2TW: Kingdoms mod), where virtually no replay worked for me apart from first two or three, and now it's really nice to watch them again.
    Cheers

I am getting CTD each time i try to load the replay. I can save them just fine, but CTD every time. any fix? please help!
    Dear CA,

Please gives us the ability to fire by rank! Line one, line two, line three!

Quote Originally Posted by Nocri View Post
    Here is the solution I've found:
    Before you open a replay, you have to delete the map.rwm file (it is recreated automatically each time you start a campaign, battle or replay to include changes in EDU, etc.).
    It works fine for me in almost every replay now. There are still some battle replays that won't work, but very few compared to what was earlier.
    I tested it on Call of Warhammer BotET (M2TW: Kingdoms mod), where virtually no replay worked for me apart from first two or three, and now it's really nice to watch them again.
    Cheers
    this doesn't work for me. can u be more specific about this map.rwm file?
    Dear CA,

Please gives us the ability to fire by rank! Line one, line two, line three!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

map.rwm is located in Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/base

Maybe he means that you should Alt+TAB the game just before you are going to launch the replay and go delete the file and then go back to the game.
    Last edited by Araval; April 10, 2022 at 05:05 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456