Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Saving Campaign Battle Replays - It's possible

Default Re: Saving Campaign Battles / It's possible

no it makes a replay folder as soon as you make a replay me i only got this to work once and then all i get is this in my log as the game crashes when i try to play my saved replays

REPLAY checker difference at tick 1459!

thats what it says in my log the tick is a different number every time but its always the same crash on load of replay ( ys i am trying to play it in the mod replay not med 2 replay LOL

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

MaxMazi's Avatar Back in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by jản View Post
    axnsan- you are totally amazing - creating a folder <replays> on my
    own worked. vista does not allow extern applications to create folders
    on their own. and now i have savegame - and it is working.

but strange thing is, that i can't exit this replay. when i hit <ESC>
    and qo on exit battles it asks if i realy want to - and no matter
    what i hit than - it goes back to the <ESC> menu.
    yeah well - i dont matter - the replay is running and that's what count.
    I agree, axnsan is indeed amazing

Yes i saw that trouble with exiting, i will update my OP with the small problems you may encounter.
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Now don't pump up my ego
    Last edited by axnsan; July 08, 2009 at 01:22 PM.

well mr amazing can you tell me why all but one of my replays have crashed with the log saying i have a ticker difference LOL

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Firez View Post
    no it makes a replay folder as soon as you make a replay me i only got this to work once and then all i get is this in my log as the game crashes when i try to play my saved replays

REPLAY checker difference at tick 1459!

thats what it says in my log the tick is a different number every time but its always the same crash on load of replay ( ys i am trying to play it in the mod replay not med 2 replay LOL
    have you cut + moved the .rpy from the replay folder in the main
    directory to the replay folder in "./../mods/Third_Age/replays" yet?

i copy and pasted it does it change it if i cut ???

hmm tried to cut and then paste nope same thing i just crash with log saying that bloody ticker difference LOL starnge how it worked perfectly the first time (well couldnt exit the replay but it worked but everyone since has had the ticker difference??
    Last edited by Soul Firez; July 08, 2009 at 01:34 PM.

I've just saved my second battle replay and it worked when i've played it.

For the ones that are doing tests in order to help the ones with problems, don't fight the whole battle, just redraw all your units from battle, it's much faster for testing.

I've updated my first post, with the users that have problems, please try to help them if you know how. I will try also.
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

i copy and pasted it does it
    change it if i cut ???
    hmm tried to cut and then paste nope same thing i just
    crash with log saying that bloody ticker difference LOL
    starnge how it worked perfectly the first time (well couldnt
    exit the replay but it worked but everyone since has had
    the ticker difference??
    no it is the same no matter if you copy or cut the file. try this .rpy from legolose andmaxmazi an tell us if this one works.

[Attached Files isengard.rar (546.4 KB, 2 views)]
    [Attached Files which.zip (358.0 KB, 1 views)]

Quote Originally Posted by maxamzi
    For the ones that are doing tests in order
    to help the ones with problems, don't fight the whole
    battle, just redraw all your units from battle, it's much
    faster for testing.
    or you can quit after a few minutes - the result table is
    coming in every case. and there you can save.

ah it came up with warning played with different version of the game and then well crashed with again a ticker difference entry in my log oh it actuall makes a seperate file in the log by the way not just the log eentry this ticker difference apears inside the log in a file called dsync replay

ok wierd the second one worked i checked my log it stil had that dysnc log inside it with ticker difference but it did work got me buggered now LOL
    Last edited by Soul Firez; July 08, 2009 at 02:04 PM.

sorry for double post seeing the second one worked for me (even though it said different version ) i tried again and on other mods to that have no log entries when playing at all and still same thing crash with the entry in log saying replay dsync inside that file difference at ticker some number different for every replay hmm

i guess just not ment to be worked once for one of my own replays and never again

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Try to see if replays for custom battles work...

Soul Firez do not get upset man. If we will not find an answer for you, you still have the alternative to play it with cinematic editor. (and trust me, it's better).
    Can you please attach your problematic campaign saved battle to check for myself?
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

yeah a custom battle normal replay works and even if i dont save the the replay normally and i use that console command to save the game that works also for custom battles LOL just not campaigngames well apart from the first one i did crash ever since yeah i need to down load and learn how to use the cinematic editor LOL

here is a quick one i just did i stil find it strange i can use that console commabnd to save a custom battle and it works but not a campaign one LOL ah well try this one if you like

Man, i've checked everything i could think off. I've loaded a 1.0 saved campaign (because i thought that will not work when i will try to play it with 1.1 installed), saved the battle, play it, it worked, and that's my fourth save in a row that is working... I suggest you to do a clean reinstall, keep all your saved campaigns, battles... and then try again. If you send me the file, i will try to play it in cinematic editor to see if it's working. If it will, i will teach you to watch it, it's very very easy just to watch.

EDIT
    : Please provide me with the faulty replay, not the custom one that worked.
    EDIT2: Ups, sorry, this is from campaign, am i right?
    Last edited by MaxMazi; July 08, 2009 at 03:01 PM.
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

i cant see a clean install working i have tried it on vanilla also and i got the same error but i can save a custom battle using that console comand and that works fine LOL( as did the first campaign one i did ) but after that i just keep getting that ticker error i uploaded a replay did it work for you?? maybe its a vista thing ( yes i have user account control turned off ) ah well thanks for trying ill try getting a cinematic editor and see if i can see it in that thaat is a campaign one that didnt work for me 8) but it obviously works for you

EDIT now i am really puzzled as that second one you uploaded to test worked fine for me but none of my ownbarring the first one one of lifes puzzles
    Last edited by Soul Firez; July 08, 2009 at 03:04 PM.

Sorry, bad news, the replay you attached it doesn't work in cined also.
    This is the log for the error when trying to play it in game:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    23:02:13.114 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    23:02:13.118 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    23:02:13.122 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    23:02:13.122 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    23:02:13.122 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    23:02:13.126 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    23:02:13.126 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    23:02:13.126 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    23:02:16.184 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5495, column 2
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to northsouthroad
    23:02:16.184 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5495, column 2
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to c_northsouthroad
    23:02:28.742 [data.invalid] [error] Building load failed as id 'morgul' not recognised...

23:02:28.850 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6831, column 40
    Ancillary not recognised
    23:02:28.850 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6836, column 12
    Could not find RingTwo, in traits database
    23:02:28.850 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6845, column 40
    Ancillary not recognised
    23:02:28.850 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6850, column 12
    Could not find RingFive, in traits database
    23:02:28.850 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6859, column 40
    Ancillary not recognised
    23:02:28.850 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6864, column 12
    Could not find RingSix, in traits database
    23:02:28.851 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6873, column 40
    Ancillary not recognised
    23:02:28.851 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6878, column 12
    Could not find RingSeven, in traits database
    23:02:28.851 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6887, column 40
    Ancillary not recognised
    23:02:28.851 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6892, column 12
    Could not find RingEight, in traits database
    23:02:28.851 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6901, column 40
    Ancillary not recognised
    23:02:28.851 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6906, column 12
    Could not find RingNine, in traits database
    23:02:28.851 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6916, column 40
    Ancillary not recognised
    23:02:28.851 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6921, column 12
    Could not find RingOne, in traits database
    23:02:28.851 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6921, column 23
    Could not find Witchkingw, in traits database
    23:02:28.851 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6931, column 40
    Ancillary not recognised
    23:02:28.852 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6936, column 12
    Could not find RingThree, in traits database
    23:02:28.852 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6946, column 40
    Ancillary not recognised
    23:02:28.852 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 6951, column 22
    Could not find RingFour, in traits database
    23:02:35.518 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I am no expert in this, but it seems that you had some submods, then you removed them?
    Maybe someone who can read that log can help you.
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

ah i havent removed any submods i have visual enhancement and RR/RC everything works perfectly well except this i plus reped you for the effort mate thanks( i did try vanillia also and it didnt work for me same error ) i would say it is making that log because you dont have RC/RR which has many different ancillaries with the imortal nazgual thing etc but the game works fine for me that the main thing bugger though replays would have been great

Quote Originally Posted by jản View Post
    • to load a game replay start TATW and go to 'Main Menu' > 'Load Game' > 'Load Battle Replay'

• saved replay games have a .rpy ending
    • they have to be put in ".\..\Mediewal II - Total War\mods\Third_Age\replays"
    Jan, i've added this info in my OP. Thanks mate.
    ah i havent removed any submods i have visual enhancement and RR/RC everything works perfectly well except this i plus reped you for the effort mate thanks( i did try vanillia also and it didnt work for me same error ) i would say it is making that log because you dont have RC/RR which has many different ancillaries with the imortal nazgual thing etc but the game works fine for me that the main thing bugger though replays would have been great
    Thanks and sorry mate, your problem is weird, especially because you made one replay that is working... Maybe a solution will appear, so stay tuned!

I've edited my first post (original post, OP) with all the info gathered so far, and all the steps for making this to work.
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I had to create the replay folder manually and then it worked. Anyway I got a CTD after a few seconds of replay.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast