Thread: More Infantry standard bearers?

Evile's Avatar Biarchus

Default More Infantry standard bearers?

Just wondering if anyone knew if there was a mod that included more infantry standard bearers.
    I've searched heaps already but never seemed to find one.

P.S is this the right thread? (first time poster)

Default Re: More Infantry standard bearers?

You mean several standard bearers per unit?
    If that's what you mean then unfortunately it's impossible.

yup, impossible. Hopefully when the proper tools are released we can increase their numbers
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Evile's Avatar Biarchus

Damn always liked the numerous standard bearers with big flags in Medieval 2 always gave the battlefield more of an atmosphere, oh well just have to wait.
    By the way why is it impossible?

Due to the file structure of the patch.pack file.We currently have only one column for officers, drummers, and flag bearers. The pfm isn't able to let us add columns so we cant increase officers, drummers or flag bearers without making the whole unit officers, drummers or flag bearers.

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by EireEmpire View Post
    Due to the file structure of the patch.pack file.We currently have only one column for officers, drummers, and flag bearers. The pfm isn't able to let us add columns so we cant increase officers, drummers or flag bearers without making the whole unit officers, drummers or flag bearers.
    You can't make a unit of standard bearers, I think. The flag only appears for the personality in the Standard Bearer column, it isn't part of the flagpole model. So you can't replace the standard bearer with a second drummer, for instance, because then you'll see a flag magically floating in the air.

Oh right.
    It may be possible as the flag is linked to the unit in the warscape equipment themes file. You could just give them all a flagpole and give them the bearer personality

Quote Originally Posted by EireEmpire View Post
    Oh right.
    It may be possible as the flag is linked to the unit in the warscape equipment themes file. You could just give them all a flagpole and give them the bearer personality
    I tried once to replace the bearer with a drummer. The flag still floated around (I just used the regular drummer - drummer personality, drummer equipment theme, etc...)