Thread: Outstanding!!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Outstanding!!

Just wanted to give you guys a big 'WELL DONE' on this mod. I just tried it for the first time, and I am really impressed with the look, feel and quality of what I've seen.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Default Re: Outstanding!!

We're glad you like FATW so much, and pleased to see the mod is still drawing new players.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Not new, but silent since I first played it, I've to agree with dvk901 really an outstanding mod

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Well...Tone just slapped me in the back of the head and said: "Get back to work!!"

So much for my fun.....

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Tell him that coders outrank graphic guys

Seriously, thanks for the kind words.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

When I first downloaded the old version of this mod, I was favourably impressed, but it wasn't modfoldered. I have a generic mod enabler now and so are downloading the newer version of FATW.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Hmm...I do not remember a non-modfoldered version. The first campaign release was modfoldered because that it what the "ci" folder stands for to this day (Corsair Invasion)...

We did releases a custom-battles only version before CI, maybe that was not modfoldered - I can't remember. That must have been 4 years ago!

To play the latest standard game you just need 2.0b, 2.6 and the 2.6 hotfix - and the music pack! It is 100% modfoldered as always.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

My mistake, it was modfoldered, but it interfered with all my other mods . I don't know why.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

I don't and will never release mods that do that - so perhaps it was another mod or an incorrect installation that caused your problem.

I've only just started to play this mod cos another mod decided to stop working. I have missed out on so much FATW time! I love the detail and the small things that make it such a deep mod like the unique units (reunited kingdoms elves etc)

Im playing as the RK and am at war with everyone cos rohan decided it wanted a settlement I had just taken back for them after it rebelled and was about to give it back as well.....idiots......and im at war with everyone else cos i can and im holding my lines well and am taking them out one by one

Indefinitely Banned

FA:TW ftw

this mod and TA:TW are my fave mods (End of Days 1 and 2 as well), fatw has lots of unique gameplay features that i really enjoy Adunabr is really fun to play as because of the awesome good/evil branching it has and the other factions are all great and well designed and balanced. all the features eally combine for a unique game experience (i particularly like how generals of the same faction can have different bodyguards and the new marvel/wonder system and the custom music)

looking forward to any future editions if you guys are still working on it, elves and dwarves would be sweet
    http://www.modrealms.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950 (not sure if you are still working on this but fingers crossed! you still have fans )
    Last edited by TheXand; July 08, 2009 at 01:09 AM.

We're definitely still working on this, and we're happy to know people are still following.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

We'll pray to u when this'll come out. We aren't just following u, we are loving u!