Thread: way to improve more this great mod

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Default way to improve more this great mod

this is a very good mod but i want to point some things.

1 this mod and every lotr mod with other ages except third will be "inferior" to third age mods(please i mean no offence) because of the movie, this is logical(i am telling this because some find funny to go to mods forum and say this mod suck or this ..... mod is better than this )

2 i know that you are find a way to implement this,but lotr without orcs ,elves ,other magical beast and this magical atmosphare is just anothere story about some men fighting

great job nevertheles
    Last edited by clone; July 05, 2009 at 05:38 PM.
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: way to improve more this great mod

Actually, we find quite the opposite. We've had more comments from players that were glad we did not set it in the Third Age - after all, most mods go for the War of the Ring (METW, LOTR:TW, TATW) as well as games (BFME etc.) so why create another?

The movies have never been a frame of reference or even inspiration for FATW. We've developed independent of them.

As to Orcs, Elves and Dwarves and "magic" - well we have Orcs in the campaign already and Elves and Dwarves will be added in the full-map version (and are already in custom battles). Magic was never strong or blatant in Middle-earth.

The chief difference between FATW and other Middle-earth mods, other than being strictly lore based and detailed, is that the campaign is more open-ended/flexible.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Actually, we find quite the opposite. We've had more comments from players that were glad we did not set it in the Third Age - after all, most mods go for the War of the Ring (METW, LOTR:TW, TATW) as well as games (BFME etc.) so why create another?

The movies have never been a frame of reference or even inspiration for FATW. We've developed independent of them.

As to Orcs, Elves and Dwarves and "magic" - well we have Orcs in the campaign already and Elves and Dwarves will be added in the full-map version (and are already in custom battles). Magic was never strong or blatant in Middle-earth.

The chief difference between FATW and other Middle-earth mods, other than being strictly lore based and detailed, is that the campaign is more open-ended/flexible.
    thats exactly my point.i didnt say that you should had chosen the third age
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Elves and Dwarves and Orcs as playable FACTIONS? That would be fantastic!!!!!!!!
    Anyone who read the "Hobbit" might wonder what the hack is with the NORTH-
    MIRKWOOD, the LONELY MOUNTAIN, Dunland.
    Great factions to play: wood elves, dwarves, dunland (the dragon-slayers x) )
    And in the west perhaps even the HOBBits?? Who knows?
    ----------------------

WHEN will there be added playable factions?
    THANKS!

A slight correction here, Orcs will not exist as an individual faction; their units have been given to Adunabar and DUnland though.

Indefinitely Banned

this game has much more flavour with human factions, tho i would very much like to see elven and dwarven factions i really like how it's not set in the third age, but still retains a distinctly middle earth style makes it much more original imo (i would like to see the current iteration kept as a provinical campaign tho)

Due to the way some things will work in the 3.0 campaign, the TNS campaign would no longer be properly playable. After 3.0 is released, we might consider more focused mini-campaigns, but it's not as easy as it sounds, so chances are slim.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

What about of a Vales of Anduin faction?

When the team was 20 people, there were plans for one, but the idea was dropped some years ago. We don't have the resources, plus it wouldn't make a very exciting faction, unless we butchered the lore.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

If u add Woodsmen and inhabitants of Framsburg, there's some flavor added...
    check out this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=267865

I just said about that faction coz I don't like Dale having all that region posted in 3.0 teaser...

We have the necessary lore knowledge for the faction, what we mainly lack is the resources to realise it; plus if we implemented the faction in the way we would like (aka consistent to the lore) it would either be a very weak faction or it would take away much of dale's diversity, which is a major faction and perhaps the most interesting one during the 4th Age.

Thanks for the link nonetheless.