Thread: Post your Kingdoms!

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Default Post your Kingdoms!

Post pics of your campaign.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

messiah's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Post your Kingdoms!

Just started as England. Nothing much, only conquered the province near Flanders. By the way, my comments on the campaign! Turns are longer since I have all those settlements.

I'll update sometime soon.

By the way, you might not want ot share your save files with us, if you know what I mean. I mean that your save files are mine too. I haven't tried loading them though. Oh, and this mod is on my russian game. I edited some sort of Vanilla file and your mod works! (the downside is that it is half english, half russian)
    Last edited by messiah; July 29, 2009 at 06:18 AM.

Ok, I got time to continue, so here I am, the year is 1349, Winter:

In southern France I've conquered the city of Anguleme. It took quite some time to create an army, as hordes of AI armies attacked the castle of Saintes all the time.

In northern France I've sent two armies, one led by King Edward III the Conquerer and the other by some Ralph. Edward got Calais, Abbeville, Armiens and Clairmont, while Ralph has taken Arras and Lille. Thanks to diplomacy and a mission given by the Council of nobles I bought the town of Egmond.

England's towns and castles are becoming more and more useful, though the French bug me with their persistent attacks. Once they sent a diplomat asking for a ceasfire, but I ordered them to give me Caen and Paris in exchange for 10'000 gold. They refused and the fighting still continues.

What I like and hate in the same time are the French people. When I get a city or castle I always have to either exterminate the populace or sack the city. It is realistic, but I'm starting to hate the smoke seen on the campaign map . Though it doesn't worry me that they won't become advanced settlements, as I have plenty of afvanced ones in England. What really worries me is that 1) the people will rebel; 2) that the French will send a huge army to capture my weak cities or 3) Flanders or HRE will backstab me. If they will do it, then I will lose my two settlements on the edge of the map quickly, as they are ill defended and I can't train troops there.

Overall, a very cool mod!

PS: I can't find prince Edward (instead there's some other guy)! The Black Prince (searched by the name of Edward) is not on my family tree.
    Last edited by messiah; July 29, 2009 at 06:22 AM.

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

Hm... you should get BlackPrince. I have to look into this. Are you 100% sure you don't have him? In what turn are you in?

Concerning the saves, nvm, we will remove them in the final version. Atm they don't play any role.
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download

Quote Originally Posted by =NF= Vasileios_the2nd View Post
    Hm... you should get BlackPrince. I have to look into this. Are you 100% sure you don't have him? In what turn are you in?

Concerning the saves, nvm, we will remove them in the final version. Atm they don't play any role.
    Woops, noticed him. Though I think you should call him Edward Woodstock, as no one called him The Black Prince during his lifetime.

I just got four more regions - Paris (King Edward III the Conquerer VS 3 full stack armies. The victory was his, but at the cost of his own life), Rouen, Chatres and Caen. Caen and Rouen were captured by my main force led by The Black Prince.

A quick question - why isn't The Black Prince the prince while Edward III is the king?

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

unfortnately hes not old enough at start. just hope the other guy dies.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

I have been test playing Castille. at turn 42, this is how the world looks.

This is great fun. Unfortunately, no one has given me a hard time yet. But playing as France must be a real challenge.
    Also note that York has been taken by Scotland. England is in a lot of trouble, because at some point also Wales will rebel.

What the hell is Navarre doing?

Navarre is not doing much. At the moment, it has a start up position where it owns the Cotentin and Alencon as well as the traditional core territories. I believe otherwise Navarre would be way too weak, it would take anyone just about a turn to wipe them out.

These territories (and actually many others in northern France) were inherited by the Navarrese crown by the house of Evreux (to which the king belonged). The house of Evreux was linked to the french royal family, and hence came the claims of Navarre to the french crown. This is what made them so dangerous, king Charles of Navarra was not just some rogue insignificantine dictator.

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Great looking screenshot of new version! Cant wai to play

Navarra it's finished???

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

Needs more doing. I'm working now on it
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download

yes, I gave Vas a half finished version. In my opinion Navarra still has a deadly bug, that causes a crash.
    Unfortunately I did not have enough experience to find it, and the last I have heard is that Vas believes that Navarra is clean.
    Yet, My game now crashes at turn 56 at Navarras turn and has become unplayable. My deep instincts tell me it is a trait bug, but I really don't know. Might be anything.

France is indeed pretty hard
    but i'm playing with Flanders (also because i live in Flanders)
    and i really like the fact they implemented them in the mod

Just finished up my first campaign on this mod..which is great btw...with the English...for the first 10 to 15 turns i didn't do anything but spend money on farms, markets, walls, and ports..after that my little pot of gold climbed above 50k and i started building up 3 armies, one in southern france, on at castleberry, and another in lancaster...from lancaster i sent the army against dublin and the small island...from southern france i took the other french castle close by to eliminate them from being about to build up an army except in the interior...from lancaster, i launched 2 armies and took caen and calais which really screwed the poor french...once i had all of the coastal castles france was pretty much a lame duck...i was already allied with everyone except HRE who were allied with France for some reason..
    here's the final screen shot..
    Warriors charge into battle. Heroes walk through death. Legends embrace Death and walk beside him into the depths of history.

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Heres my campaign as Burgandy
    I started by conquering the rebel settlements around me until Savoy took Grenoble and Chambery and were right next to me so I decided to attack them. I have just managed to destroy them. Scotland really surprised me, they managed to take 4 settlements of the English and when I looked had about 2 stacks(although the English had 3). Also I saw devastation marks which seems to suggest some big battles. I have allied myself with Flanders and Aragon and have got trade rights with everybody except england as I haven't got my diplomat to them. I'm thinking of getting the rest of the rebel settlements then attacking France.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Wow, nice kingdoms guys. This mod is really interesting and i will look into it more closer!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar