Thread: Play as Knights of St. John?

B.Khmelnytsky's Avatar Libertus

Default Play as Knights of St. John?

So, I wanted to do a Youtube campaign and asked people on the general forum what nation would they like to see, and the Knights of St. John won. I downloaded this mod since I have good heard things about it and it lets you lpay as minor factions. Well, when I start a campaign as the Knights of St. John, I get get into the game everything seems to be working, When I scroll over my city it says it is my capital, but I am unable to select it. Its like the whole map is darkened, like it all has "fog of war," even around my capital and I I can't select the city or anything. What can I do? Thanks!!

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Play as Knights of St. John?

Quote Originally Posted by B.Khmelnytsky View Post
    So, I wanted to do a Youtube campaign and asked people on the general forum what nation would they like to see, and the Knights of St. John won. I downloaded this mod since I have good heard things about it and it lets you lpay as minor factions. Well, when I start a campaign as the Knights of St. John, I get get into the game everything seems to be working, When I scroll over my city it says it is my capital, but I am unable to select it. Its like the whole map is darkened, like it all has "fog of war," even around my capital and I I can't select the city or anything. What can I do? Thanks!!
    I would download and use the Beta startpos.esf included on the downloads page! This should fix the FOW for you!

If you are still having trouble with it; we will be releasing a new install soon with a more complete startpos.esf for everyone to use.

EDIT: Sevasti beat me to it!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; July 07, 2009 at 03:29 PM.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Sevasti's Avatar Biarchus
    They tell me it's a regular building but it sways like a house of cards when the wind blows

Also you could open up the list on the bottom of the screen and select a unit within the city (assuming that St. John starts with some units at least).

Edit: Dammit l33tl4m3r, you always beat me to it! Either I'm getting paranoid or you're looking over my shoulder.
    Last edited by Sevasti; July 07, 2009 at 03:29 PM.

Et sekund er som et minutt her inne
    Minutt som en time. Time som et døgn
    Og du trur du ser ting å så klart
    Eg seier ikkje ett ord til før eg får en advokat

B.Khmelnytsky's Avatar Libertus

Great, I'll try it guys.

Praepositus

Knights of St. John seems to be a popular minor nation....

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

My campaign with them was awesome lol... Pretty challenging cause you never have great trade volumes (just one port lol)

For me everything is working for the Knights of St. John.

I always take out 2 of those fleets of the Barbary States in turn 1 and then invade Tuscany in turn 2. (It takes about 5 turns to calm the population (dispatching numerous rebels) and repel the counter attacks.)

Letting rebellions occur is a big way to reduce hatred because you end up killing the part of the population that hates you! And after several iron fist stampouts of rebellions you will have an unhappy, but fearful population.

END: Knights work for me fine.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

lol good choice you are doing your chronicles with this mod! it is a hard faction to play cause of the starting manpower!