Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Epirote

Default Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for PC

WOW

I'll get my hands on it tomorrow

I've got both the PC and the Xbox version, and they're both pretty good. I don't prefer one version over the other, but since I had already put a lot of work into the Xbox version that's probably how I will complete the game. (Oddly enough, I beat the previous two incarnations on the PC version).

I think the best part so far is the Risk-esque capturing of territories. On the downside to this interesting feature you have to put up with the headache of managing your girlfriend, your character, and your territories.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.

them girlfriends just get on my nerves, you're in the middle of trying to evade the police and they ring asking you to come over.

gdm3's Avatar Civis

If you have the PC version you should go to gtagaming.com and download the hot coffee mod. You will find the download link on the main page under the this week in mods headline. It's hilarious

Spetsnaz's Avatar Miles

Bought it yesterday, (for 5 dollars )its very nice, i didnt like vice city because it was set in 1980s but this game is the best of gta, reminds me of gta3.I have only one problem- my vidio card sucks, so the graphics are not very nice.
    BTW can someone tell me whats a pixel shader?
    Pround member of the russian empire and a comrade of TranceCrusader, therussian91, jdblair5, crazyru$$in, Russkisoldat, JvlivsCeasar, Kdar, Valentin the II, KarakurT and Ricgard. For God ,Tsar and Homeland.

Epirote

The only games I play are good strategy games like RTW and GTA.
    This GTA has left me with my mouth open.
    I am not amazed with the game only.
    I am more amazed with the people that have created this piece of art.
    It is like playing in a movie.
    It has a complexed and tight plot that links it with the previous GTA series.
    It is the first game with a African-American Hero from what I know.
    And it adds a new flavor to the gaming.
    The time backround is very nice.
    I could talk for hours about GTA San Andreas.

I have to say also.
    It is not for small children.
    I wouldn`t recomended to kids.

Last comment.

WOW
    Last edited by Epirote; June 20, 2005 at 08:31 PM.

It is the first game with a African-American Hero form what I know.
    1. Who cares?
    2. No it's not, there was a Vietnam game where the US soldier (who you play as) was part of a black unit. And I'm sure there were some before that.

Epirote

I haven`t played any other games with African Hero.
    Anyway.
    My point is this one is a gheto, Boyz in the Hood, type gangsta.
    It gives another flavor in the game.
    Totally different.

Cobra's Avatar Earl of Boof

I like the VC setting better, but SA is better in general, i mean, FLYING? BIKES? THREE CITIES? the COUNTRY? Comon, it's awesome. It is a pretty tight setting as well, so it's not bad. It just seems that Vice City was a bit more stylized. I love this game, I just got into Las Venturas last week and the airplanes. Parachuting is awesome. Anyways, I love this game. And I havn't even played video games in so long, it's got me back just a little. But I can't stand games for much beyond an hour still. What's happened to me?! :cry:

It gives another flavor in the game.
    Same old grand theft auto forumla actualy: take what was successful (flying being a prime example) and expand on it.

He was talking about the characters being black (which, as he said, gives it flavor), which I don't think was a succesful part of the previous GTA games.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.

Cobra's Avatar Earl of Boof

Flavor or black people?

Spetsnaz's Avatar Miles

Yes , its not for little children, every intro movie has a lot of bad words.But i like thoose Los santos and other 2 more than Vice city and liberty city , i like thoose poor blocks with gangsters , remind me of some movies about los angeles, like that movie with Denzel Washington, i think its called "training day"Its the best of GTA , but one thing that i dont like about all GTA is some stupid missions, like in San andreas a mission with lowriders, i cant complete it, or the missions where you have to chase somebody, especially on a bike, its pretty hard.
    BTW. Still can someone please tell me whats pixel shader.
    Pround member of the russian empire and a comrade of TranceCrusader, therussian91, jdblair5, crazyru$$in, Russkisoldat, JvlivsCeasar, Kdar, Valentin the II, KarakurT and Ricgard. For God ,Tsar and Homeland.

MeKtHep's Avatar Semisalis

san andreas is cool for just cruising in your modded and reskint car like ferrari 360 spider and listen to your own music but further its nothing really great about it i played san andreas out in 1 week so thats not very cool is it ?
    only thing i like is there more options to do in the game but im just only the reskinner and modder (A) not the real gamer

" Tell Them In Sparta " That we obeyed our orders to the last man

Epirote

Isn`t anyone amazed with all that work to make San Andreas?
    When you see the credits and cast of voices you can see how many people contributed to make it.
    Even a hollywood movie hasnt` that mouch cast of people.
    Last edited by Epirote; June 21, 2005 at 07:07 PM.

MeKtHep's Avatar Semisalis

wel true its allot of work but still i dont like how they made the cars so blocky and so own :S

i rather have the mods instead of the vanilla san andreas the game is perfect the voices the people who play in it the citys yes but i still wanna change it to macdonalds burger king D&g shops you know ?

its really detailed with mods (just like you compare vanilla rome skins with skins like ferres (vannila stuff is just childish then thats how i c it i cant even play games with out modding then when its possible)

then again i really thank rockstar for san andreas

" Tell Them In Sparta " That we obeyed our orders to the last man

Mordhak's Avatar Civitate

I bought it 2 weeks ago, on Friday the 10th I think. And I was immediatly hooked on it. Each city has it's own atmosphere, I just love it. Like, San Fierro reminds me of Liberty City back in GTA 3, and those Los Santos suburbs you start out in; they're just awesome. I like most RPG elements, like going to the gym and buying new clothes. The girlfriends are a pain in the *** though.
    It's simply not GTA. In all previous GTA titles, you were an emotionless "ice cold killah". You're still one in San Andreas (like that mission in San Fierro where you have to bury the foreman in his mobile toilet beneath a ton of concrete), but the girlfriends are out of place.

Edit: I would like to add that there are some seriously :wub:ed up missions. Like the one where you have to drive your bike into the plane taking off... come on!
    Last edited by Mordhak; June 22, 2005 at 11:33 AM.

[quote]Edit: I would like to add that there are some seriously :wub:ed up missions. Like the one where you have to drive your bike into the plane taking off... come on![/qute]
    Wait, **** isn't censored on these forums?
    And yet discussiosn that begin to get interesting are threatened with closure?
    Anyway, that mission is great.
    I haven't had time to play much (first burned my eyes, and then made up for the GYM time I lost while my eyes were burned) so I'm still in the first OG missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra
    Flavor or black people?
    Epirote was talking about black people giving flavor to the game, as far as I know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast