Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Little 1.2 Patch Preview

Default Re: Little 1.2 Patch Preview

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Thanks for the nice feedback everyone.

Regarding Legolas: actually this character is the one where I also wasn't totally satisfied and though his face looks 100% like the movie-Legolas on the texture I couldn't get his mimic right on the model. I'll try to improve him at any time...

much is possible, but at which unit were you thinking?

Gandalf will emerge when playing Eriador, Frodo and Sam will be an 'officer' of a certain Hobbit unit.
    Actually I planed something very "special" for a Total War game with the fellowship, but due to my computer problems this will have to wait a bit...
    Anyway, something very nice will hopefully happen in the future with the fellowship...

I'll think about that.

Blackroot Archers will be a 'hybrid' between militia archers, Ithilien rangers and heavy gondor archers. Lightly armored archers with exceptional skills, probably the best archers overall for Gondor.
    Also the general archer availability of Gondor will be reduced, so the player has to rely more on the AOR archers...

yes.

Unfortunately not yet. Their animations are surely acceptable, but I will improve them and will try to make the rock throwers in the future.

Have you ever tried to make your own artwork?
    The Khazad Guards were (almost) the first unit that was built in my fantasy and it was damn hard to form a proper design for them, but now I'm actually quite satisfied with them.
    Also you can hardly say that because of the mask and the shield, the dwarves would look like the Weta design. You are right that those spanish guys inspired me for this units, but there is still a lot of own imagination in this unit.
    Also what do you have against those spanish guys of Narnia? In my opinion, (though the movie was veeery bad) they are one of the best designed warriors I have ever seen and I couldn't resist to let me inspire by them.

The patch will be released in about two weeks...
    And seriously, I would take every graphics card, so that at least I could run simple text editing programs. Once I will send back my graphics for a refund, I will have no computer for about 4-6 weeks, so everything would be useful.
    Anyway, I would need a PCI-E Graphics card and I live in Germany, so your very kind offer is probably not really an option. Anyway, if you are really serious and maybe you are even from Germany, so...

P.S: Thanks for all your pms, I will answer them tomorrrow...

thanks king kong,if the next pacth 1.2 will have more units for mordor is very good.

Outstanding work KK as always
    I KNOW MY NAME IS supposed TO BE MISPELLED
    Please leave your name if you give me rep, so I can rep you back thanks

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Originally Posted by Hambone
    This is pretty much the definition of minor details, I mean, Super minor, superdy duper minor. It would be more efficient on KK's part to work on pretty much anything other than the faces.
    But in this case, those minor details can make a major difference. When it comes to heroes, I think faces are pretty important, actually.
    It's an important detail and as far as efficiency, it would take at most one hour to adjust the face and it would look much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confederate Jeb View Post
    I thought Frodo was 50 when he sets out though? Seems like both Frodo and Sam would either be babies or not even alive at this point.
    Actually I planed something very "special" for a Total War game with the fellowship
    Forgot about frodo. Aragorn and Legolas are wearing the elven brooch, I suppose the war of the ring is being included in some way.
    Have you ever tried to make your own artwork?
    Actually yes, I study graphic design and am asked to be more creative and original regularly, so I know how hard the creative process is.
    The Khazad Guards were (almost) the first unit that was built in my fantasy and it was damn hard to form a proper design for them, but now I'm actually quite satisfied with them.
    Also you can hardly say that because of the mask and the shield, the dwarves would look like the Weta design. You are right that those spanish guys inspired me for this units, but there is still a lot of own imagination in this unit.
    Also what do you have against those spanish guys of Narnia? In my opinion, (though the movie was veeery bad) they are one of the best designed warriors I have ever seen and I couldn't resist to let me inspire by them.
    It's just that the mask and shield stand out the most, I can clearly see that most of the design is your own. Maybe you could add some silverish details to mimic the presence of mithril, to bring the design closer to middle-earth.
    I actually am a big fan of weta's designs, and think your unit looks great.
    Last edited by Louis Lux; July 08, 2009 at 11:22 AM.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Maybe you could add some silverish details to mimic the presence of mithril, to bring the design closer to middle-earth.
    yep,and may be place Hammer and Anvil instead of star on the shield

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Awesome preview KK Those new units look superb. Heroes have been one thing what I have been hoping to be included in this mod, I can't wait to see Gandalf slaying some orcs I heard Devils_Advocate mentioning Saurons model in other thread, I'm guessing it will be implemented too in future?

Hopefully you will get your computer up and running soon. Can't wait for the release of this patch

It's an important detail and as far as efficiency, it would take at most one hour to adjust the face and it would look much better.
    Even if it wouldn't take very much time it still doesn't really matter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    Drugs are not very popular AFAIK.

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

Wow, ents.

Incredible.

And the other stuff, too. Of course.
    And it's always good to see my submod on the list

Looks great...

kk are there other new units in the new patch?

Khamûl the Wraith

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by LOTR-MOD View Post
    kk are there other new units in the new patch?
    not yet in this patch, cause he couldn't work on them the last weeks due to his craphic card problem
    but you will get new ones again with the patch after ne next....

Disastras's Avatar Civis

Looks awesome! Too bad about the GPU. I can't wait for the Eriador and Dale revamp.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Even if KK had his GPU back, these wouldn't be finished till now. Eriador is handled by DG and Daale by CK with Mith's and Hross' help.

amazing keep up the work!!! fix your pc :p

KK ftw

I love everything, especially them pretty Ents. Only minor problem that I see is that Lego's a bit on the chubby side, been eating too much Lembas bread eh?

will gandalf use a sward or staff to fight? and will legolas be able to use his bow and sward?
    and will ents be mercenaries or AOR units and for what factions? ents vs trolls wow this game is grate
    Last edited by LOTR-MOD; July 08, 2009 at 05:18 PM.

Khamûl the Wraith

ENTS

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Far Out!

i love you kk

oops double post.
    Last edited by wupwup; July 08, 2009 at 05:53 PM.