Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Little 1.2 Patch Preview

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Little 1.2 Patch Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    Though the dwarf unit looks awesome the plate mail looks a bit "odd". I can`t really describe it, but the longer i look at it the more it buggs me. I know, vey helpfull.
    Believe me, it looks much different when it's ingame....just watch them again if you have your 1.2 version

hello, im a bit confused, you said that you decided to release the patch with less content than origonally planned, does this mean that you already released it? or is that the patch that is estimated to be released in two weeks? Im so confused!!!!

P.S I have a spare video card, but its only a nvidia 7600 GT, so its not super great, but it can still run medevil, so if you want me to send it to you for free, just PM me your mailing adrress, its no big deal considering all the work youve done for free.

Groovy

I guess you are right- many units we saw on such screens actually look somewhat different ingame. And hundreds of masked, golden dwarfs should rank high on the awesome scale.

MaxMazi's Avatar Back in the game!

Alex stop teasing us!
    You have it cause you are in the team now, making beautiful events videos, we have to wait 2 weeks.
    Cheers mate!

Thank you KK for this preview, amazing!
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

OMG!!!

I had waited for this long, long time... and now it is here..

Thank you so much But now its the hardest part.. wait that it will be released..

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by maxmazi View Post
    Alex stop teasing us!
    You have it cause you are in the team now, making beautiful events videos, we have to wait 2 weeks.
    Cheers mate!

Thank you KK for this preview, amazing!
    No i also don't have it yet, i only know some more things
    (EDIT: Check your youtube chanel)

I am so glad we get the ents veery soon

Last edited by MasterBigAb; July 07, 2009 at 02:47 PM.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell

great!!! KK you Rule!!!

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Can't wait to see how it all looks in game.
    You guise are beyond awesome.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Awesome!

I agree that Legolas' face needs some work (maybe it should just be a bit thinner) but all in all it's going to be a great update. Ents especially stand out, the tree-bark texture is superb.

You've done it again KK, thank you.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; July 07, 2009 at 04:32 PM.

jinjo's Avatar Senator

that's amazing wow
    legolas a bit bad but gimli is very funny almost identical

Opifex

Wow KK, all these look awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reapir View Post
    P.S I have a spare video card, but its only a nvidia 7600 GT, so its not super great, but it can still run medevil, so if you want me to send it to you for free, just PM me your mailing adrress, its no big deal considering all the work youve done for free.
    Nice. +rep for this one.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Thanks for the nice feedback everyone.

Regarding Legolas: actually this character is the one where I also wasn't totally satisfied and though his face looks 100% like the movie-Legolas on the texture I couldn't get his mimic right on the model. I'll try to improve him at any time...

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    king kong is possible any new units for mordor in this patch?,thanks.
    much is possible, but at which unit were you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by jản View Post
    does anyone how the heros like gandalf or frodo are included
    and how they will act. are they generals or unit commander ...?
    Gandalf will emerge when playing Eriador, Frodo and Sam will be an 'officer' of a certain Hobbit unit.
    Actually I planed something very "special" for a Total War game with the fellowship, but due to my computer problems this will have to wait a bit...
    Anyway, something very nice will hopefully happen in the future with the fellowship...

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar789 View Post
    Incredible work and congratulation King Kong....yes yes yes....and finally Aragorn comes to middle earth well...awesome heroes unit yes.....but, MAYBE , in Aragorn's model ,the trousers would be better if BLACK, or dark gray, or like the jacket...so dark brown...no??and maybe also the boots would be better if more dark..but very very little more dark (but maybe those of your model are fine so)......no????this is only my opinion........what do you think about this little change?????Thank you ......and maybe in future we can also see Aragorn with Helm's Deep armor or Black Gate armor??????
    I'll think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    KK,by the way,may be a sneak hint on new Archers' strength?they will be like 'better in missile than Gondor archers,but worse than IthRangers?'
    Blackroot Archers will be a 'hybrid' between militia archers, Ithilien rangers and heavy gondor archers. Lightly armored archers with exceptional skills, probably the best archers overall for Gondor.
    Also the general archer availability of Gondor will be reduced, so the player has to rely more on the AOR archers...

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    The Guards of Khazad-Dum are especially awesome! I guess you will be able to recruit them, after you took Moria back?
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    will you implent the ability for ents to throw a rock are did you already get it work ?
    Unfortunately not yet. Their animations are surely acceptable, but I will improve them and will try to make the rock throwers in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    I would prefer if the Kazhad guard had a more original design, but weta's narnia design will be fine.
    I think aragorn's face needs some more work.
    Have you ever tried to make your own artwork?
    The Khazad Guards were (almost) the first unit that was built in my fantasy and it was damn hard to form a proper design for them, but now I'm actually quite satisfied with them.
    Also you can hardly say that because of the mask and the shield, the dwarves would look like the Weta design. You are right that those spanish guys inspired me for this units, but there is still a lot of own imagination in this unit.
    Also what do you have against those spanish guys of Narnia? In my opinion, (though the movie was veeery bad) they are one of the best designed warriors I have ever seen and I couldn't resist to let me inspire by them.

hello, im a bit confused, you said that you decided to release the patch with less content than origonally planned, does this mean that you already released it? or is that the patch that is estimated to be released in two weeks? Im so confused!!!!

The patch will be released in about two weeks...
    And seriously, I would take every graphics card, so that at least I could run simple text editing programs. Once I will send back my graphics for a refund, I will have no computer for about 4-6 weeks, so everything would be useful.
    Anyway, I would need a PCI-E Graphics card and I live in Germany, so your very kind offer is probably not really an option. Anyway, if you are really serious and maybe you are even from Germany, so...

P.S: Thanks for all your pms, I will answer them tomorrrow...
    Last edited by King Kong; July 07, 2009 at 05:19 PM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

grate job kk +rep and total war team this mod is epic and it keeps getting better

Khamûl the Wraith

Szun's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by blindbladexxx View Post
    the heroes look really good, and ents = <3
    But only model bothering me is the legolas one :/
    I can't put my finger on it but he doesnt' feel elf
    well, he only feels right if he has hes famous endless quiver!
    (... or did you see him get more arrows somewhere ever? )

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    First of all, some (good and bad) news regarding the new patch:

Due to my personal computer issues (after a damaged power supply a few weeks ago, I now have a damaged graphics card ), I will have to pause the work on the patch and so I decided to release it earlier and with less content than expected, because I can't estimate when I can resume working on TATW.

Since I can't even test the patch in-game anymore, I will have to omit any critical gameplay changes and therefore the patch will only include 'soft' changes and additions where I'm (almost) sure they can't cause any issues.

So, in contrary to the previous previews I cannot show the units in-game anymore, though all of them already have been tested once and are working in-game...
    Looks brillent. Looking forward to having Ents. I frankly only made an account to telly you guys what a brillent mod you guys have made. It is nothing short of fantastic.

One thing I have noticed, when I besiege a rival town the amount of units in it sudden explodes to far more than their was BEFORE I decided to siege. Is this a feature you have decided to use?

hello again KK, I was TOTALLY serious about the video card, but I live in the USA in Ohio. The video card is a PCI-E, so that works out. Um I would send it across seas, but ive never done that before, how does it work? Do I just put your address on the box like a local mailing or do I have to do something special? Haha anyway if we figure this out, id be happy to give it to you KK.

P.S And im not sure how long it would take the card to get to you, it might be even longer than 4-6 weeks, but I have no clue so.......haha Im so confused!!

Groovy

Ceasar Gubius's Avatar Ducenarius

Wow! Wow!!! WOW!!! This looks like it'll be the patch to end all patches, LOL! Thanks for the awesome work KK!

BTW, I have a question though. I was told a while back that the TATW team was working on the animations for Dwarven Axe Throwers to where they throw REAL axes. Is this patch going to include this ? Thanks again
    RTR RULES!!!!

hello again KK, I was TOTALLY serious about the video card, but I live in the USA in Ohio. The video card is a PCI-E, so that works out. Um I would send it across seas, but ive never done that before, how does it work? Do I just put your address on the box like a local mailing or do I have to do something special? Haha anyway if we figure this out, id be happy to give it to you KK.

P.S And im not sure how long it would take the card to get to you, it might be even longer than 4-6 weeks, but I have no clue so.......haha Im so confused!!
    If you used UPS, it might arrive in under 2-3 weeks. That may be...$50 in your money. Quote me if I am wrong, I am going off guitar gear I buy off ebay, NON of which as been a small item. So a GPU may not take as long.