Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your empires

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Default Re: Show your empires

Quote Originally Posted by Cooltosha View Post
    It's not Russian, it's ancient Slavo-Serbian, used in Serbian Orthodox Church, it's a translation of Greek Hymn to Virgin Mary, blessed may she be.

"Virgin Mary, maiden,
    rejoice! Be blessed, Mary!
    Lord be with you,
    Blessed woman are you,
    and blessed is child of yours,
    You gave birth to Savior
    of our souls!"

It's the closest I can come to translating it. My knowledge of this "Church" language is very small, and it was used in Serbia long time ago. Damn, I should not have broken up with my ex, she was fluent in that language, she studied it at college.

I believe that song in mod is the courtesy of Strelac, and maybe he can give you more accurate translation.
    One correction only. The language is old church slavonic used nowadays in almost all orthodox churches.
    Тhe composer I think is John Kukuzelis AFAIR from BC 1.05.
    The translation is very good, even I'm not an expert.
    Sorry for the off-topic and congratulations for the new excellent release. I had a lot of fun with previous when played several campaigns with ERE, KoJ and Ayyubids.
    Last edited by alien_t; July 21, 2009 at 01:23 AM. Reason: some spelling
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Why Norman Knights are awesome...

I had to change plans since the Byzantines are really getting on my nerves right now. They managed to take Tarsus back and they seem really pissed. The damn Seljuks bribed Edessa and the Armenians, whom i considered as steamrolled once upon a time, are besieging Antioch

At first there were just two armies threateing Tarsus, so i send my strongest force, but then more armies appeared and i couldn't get close as i had to engage in battles which i didn't want (i'm beginning to doubt its H/VH, maybe i picked VH/VH, i'm not sure as i was a bit drunk when i started it).

I destroyed the 1 3/4 stacks and got encircled by more armies thereafter and it came to this battle here

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And guess why i won it...

'twas truly an hour of knightly fame and an entertaining massacre

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Holy gods!
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Klarer Sieg? Clear Victory?
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Yes, i wonder why the game doesn't deem it to be a heroic victory

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

I had a similar battle with the great seljuks. fought like 3 stacks at a time, and yes norman knights did save my ass.

Later i had to fight my way to the coast with the pitiful remains of my glorious army after this utterly pyrrhic victory. Of course there had to be a large Armenian army in the way (they hold a castle southwest of Tarsus, which i didn't know of course as i'm too lazy to do proper intelligence).

I never expected to win this and i actually wanted to autoresolve it surrendering to my seemingly inevitable destiny. But, well, they're Norman Knights so i decided to give it a try (in the battle above i was outnumbered 1:3.7, this is 1:6 lol) EDIT: But the byzantine armies had a better overall quality, i remember that they had at least 3 units of Spatharioi and very experienced horse archers. I basically exposed my remaining infantry to a part of rather unexperienced Armenian light infantry for a very short time, only to organize a charge by which i routed a large part of them and the rest then was allwys "shaken" when i charged them.
    Last edited by swabian; July 16, 2009 at 06:09 AM.

Egypt was so calm and peaceful for almost 40 years and it brought me corn and gold...

And now this...

Last edited by swabian; July 16, 2009 at 03:15 PM.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Sultan Baibars in da house

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Omg there is a script for Baibars to emerge? Thats bloody awesome :O

1292 OMAN YO

xxx cheep mongol gangbang babe college xxx commenced and the Mongols were wiped from the face of the earth. I got up to Merv and Ghazni and I made a few deals (I love Ghazni, they gave me Herat, I love Herat). Ghazni knows a good deal when they see one. I'm like, yo Ghazni, I give you an Alliance, 5k, and map info, you gimme Herat, whaddya think?

And they're like hell yea man, put it right here

and then we danced

(x3 for Kandahar, Bost, and Quetta)

then Mumba is still untaken so I've sent an Elite Strike Team Force Squad to take it. They are halfway through their journey. If someone gets scurvy I'm gonna be pissed
    Last edited by zznɟ ǝɥʇ; July 16, 2009 at 03:56 PM.

Yes awsome... he will kick me out of Egypt! I can't afford this, all my good armies are needed against the Romans and the Great Seljuks and i need the gold from Egypt badly

I christianized Qahira almost completely, maybe they will rebel against the Mamluk occupiers

why didn't you take the settlements along the red sea before you got yourself into a war with two of the biggest factions? they're easy income and your defensive line doesn't get any bigger.

but the emerge is cool. i wonder if they'll still come despite being destroyed in my game. but in 1.05 KoJ still poped up with a crusade stack from time to time despite being destroyed. so my guess is yes.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    1292 OMAN YO

xxx cheep mongol gangbang babe college xxx commenced and the Mongols were wiped from the face of the earth. I got up to Merv and Ghazni and I made a few deals (I love Ghazni, they gave me Herat, I love Herat). Ghazni knows a good deal when they see one. I'm like, yo Ghazni, I give you an Alliance, 5k, and map info, you gimme Herat, whaddya think?

And they're like hell yea man, put it right here

and then we danced

(x3 for Kandahar, Bost, and Quetta)

then Mumba is still untaken so I've sent an Elite Strike Team Force Squad to take it. They are halfway through their journey. If someone gets scurvy I'm gonna be pissed
    lol

Awesome, India is still up for grabs by anyone. I would post my current Abbassid campaign if i knew how to bloody take a screenshot on my new laptop . Are you and Ghazni BFF right now? If so, what do you think they would want to go for some tag teaming on the Seljuks? Also, watch out for the Ghorids man, they are backstabbers. They sold me a gay giraffe.

Also declare a jihad on Constantinople and use elephant mercs from India to go romper stomping in Asia Minor. Man, Elephants are like Kryptonite to the Romans.

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    Yes awsome... he will kick me out of Egypt! I can't afford this, all my good armies are needed against the Romans and the Great Seljuks and i need the gold from Egypt badly

I christianized Qahira almost completely, maybe they will rebel against the Mamluk occupiers
    Make sure you give us an update on what this bad boy does in Cairo.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

1292 OMAN YO
    Nice. And still there is diversity of factions on your map. On mine there are only Chauhan Rajputs from Hindu Kush to the east end of the map...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    I would post my current Abbassid campaign if i knew how to bloody take a screenshot on my new laptop.
    Have you got any "PRTSC/SYSRQ" button on your laptop keyboard?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by Spider1110 View Post
    why didn't you take the settlements along the red sea before you got yourself into a war with two of the biggest factions? they're easy income and your defensive line doesn't get any bigger.

but the emerge is cool. i wonder if they'll still come despite being destroyed in my game. but in 1.05 KoJ still poped up with a crusade stack from time to time despite being destroyed. so my guess is yes.
    They were reduced to bits and had only the light native troops in those regions (well, i thought so), so i didn't take them seriously and i thought it would be a source of lulz to watch them getting eaten by Oman or Makuria I don't play 100% effective on the stratmap (but in battles), sometimes even deliberately, but here i was basically too lazy and i found the corner around Antioch more interesting.

Make sure you give us an update on what this bad boy does in Cairo.
    I surely will. Well, he'll conquer it, there's nothing i can do about it. I'll try to deliver as many losses as possible and gather another army dancing on the brink of bankrupcy, but i guess he'll take the whole Nile Delta before i can counter him effectively

lol

Awesome, India is still up for grabs by anyone. I would post my current Abbassid campaign if i knew how to bloody take a screenshot on my new laptop .
    n00b

Are you and Ghazni BFF right now? If so, what do you think they would want to go for some tag teaming on the Seljuks? Also, watch out for the Ghorids man, they are backstabbers. They sold me a gay giraffe.
    Yeah we're bffles, but I think the Seljuks are alright too. Except I offered them 50k for Hormuz and they said no. Ghorids are scared of me. The Council of N00bles keeps on telling me to buy Kolachee from Sindh as well. I don't want Kolachee and I don't need their stupid best units available. It's probably be boats like last time anyway.

Also declare a jihad on Constantinople and use elephant mercs from India to go romper stomping in Asia Minor. Man, Elephants are like Kryptonite to the Romans.
    Psh, if I'm going to go jihad on someone besides the Americans, it'll be the Rajputs. They're awful purple for this time of year

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

I have this sudden urge to play BC...but I have a 3 page essay due tomorrow morning

*RAGE*
    FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

I don't want Kolachee and I don't need their stupid best units available. It's probably be boats like last time anyway.
    Actually, you can train Jagirdar Horse Archers there (along with Gakhari Tribesmen), which are great add-on to Oman's armies.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

My Eastern Roman Empire.

2 factions are destroyed. Armenia (by me) and Sindh went around 1205. The real super-powers wouls appear to be the Seljuks and Solanki Rajputs.

It's been a good campaign. I waited 10 years before I attacked the Turks, in order to train some good troops, and to secure the rebel settlements of Rhodes, Famagusta, Iraklion, and the two rebel settlements in Anatolia.

When I attacked. The Turks recently declared war on my ally Georgia. So the bulk of their forces were in the east. This allowed me to grab all their western territory with ease. After that it was a long hard slog for eastern anatolia. Not helped by a short war with Armenia and Constantinople being sacked by crusaders.

Now I have just conqured Armenia. The Turks are all but destroyed. I have several options. Head north for the Crimea and Bulgaria. My agents report that the Kypchaks are weak. Or invasion of Egypt.

Yep. Egypt it is then...
    Last edited by Incontinenta Buttox; July 17, 2009 at 07:17 AM.