Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your empires

Default Re: Show your empires

I dunno, it's weird, I'll post my Omani empire soonish

Their Law's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Because those Hospitallar's look so damn good.... At least that's what converted me away from the ERE and Ghazni, something cool about knights dressed as monks.
    "You have a decent ear for notes
    but you can't yet appreciate harmony."

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

I might play as abbassid in my next campaign.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by Douchebag View Post

My king
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Btw i had a "Baldwin the Killer" (excessive assassin usage)

Im playing Abbasid campaing with VH/VH, and its pretty hard. Seljuks,Omans and Turks are pushing me from all sides, thought i make 8k from Baghdad every turn, i cant make much troops and now i only got 2 castles and 3 cities.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

pictures?
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Cooltosha's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    This mod is absolutely lovely, also the music selection is awesome. How is this Russian(?) canto called? (it's E_Strat_Map_5 in the music files), it almost makes me cry every time i hear it. The janissary marches are also very nice!
    It's not Russian, it's ancient Slavo-Serbian, used in Serbian Orthodox Church, it's a translation of Greek Hymn to Virgin Mary, blessed may she be.

"Virgin Mary, maiden,
    rejoice! Be blessed, Mary!
    Lord be with you,
    Blessed woman are you,
    and blessed is child of yours,
    You gave birth to Savior
    of our souls!"

It's the closest I can come to translating it. My knowledge of this "Church" language is very small, and it was used in Serbia long time ago. Damn, I should not have broken up with my ex, she was fluent in that language, she studied it at college.

I believe that song in mod is the courtesy of Strelac, and maybe he can give you more accurate translation.
    Magister Templi Sancti Banani dei pauperes commilitones Kongi Templique Sancti Banani - KONG WILLS IT!
    In Serbia, 90% of people listen to turbo-folk "music". If you are part of the 10% that listen to real music, including metal, put this in your signature
    Obama, your time is up. We're taking our country back from you liberal commies.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

My Imamate of Oman. Not an empire, but I think I will prevail
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Makram the Lewd (how did he deserve his name, I have no idea) is planning to strike the coast, which have been taken by Chauhans, while in the north Usama al-Hakamy is besiging Quetta. Death to the Chauhans!

Under the patronage of m_1512

The Mongols are getting antsy in the year 1253. Playing as Oman, obviously.

I've been taking it easy this game. It's sorta crazy though, 15 years ago ERE was down to Constantinople and Nicaea, and now...KoJ just fell maybe 5 years ago. Epic battles outside Jerusalem and a Crusade landed one turn too late (I had a spy taking a look at the action.) Mongols made short work of Khwarezm, rested up, and now are annihilating the Seljuks. I'm debating whether or not to rush north...hoping they turn on Ghazni or the Abbasids next (I want to see the Mongols sack Baghdad so badly )

you guys are so lucky. mongols arent doing jack in my campaign.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    The Mongols are getting antsy in the year 1253. Playing as Oman, obviously.

I've been taking it easy this game. It's sorta crazy though, 15 years ago ERE was down to Constantinople and Nicaea, and now...KoJ just fell maybe 5 years ago. Epic battles outside Jerusalem and a Crusade landed one turn too late (I had a spy taking a look at the action.) Mongols made short work of Khwarezm, rested up, and now are annihilating the Seljuks. I'm debating whether or not to rush north...hoping they turn on Ghazni or the Abbasids next (I want to see the Mongols sack Baghdad so badly )
    Thats pretty cool. The Abbassids have done really well in yours. The Seljuks are getting eaten and the Indian Subcontintent is still up for grabs in 1253. If the Mongols hit the Persian Gulf, it would be the first time i have heard or seen of that.

Here is a picture of my VH/VH Solanki campaign.

I managed to stay out of any mayor conflict during the first 80 turns (not counting the stack of elephants I used to sack Jeruzalem ). But eventually the Chauhan's backstabbed me, so that gave me a good excuse to unite India under Solanki rule.
    While I was busy in India the ERE took over the north-west, the Ayyubid's rule the south-west and the Seljuks are in control of the centre of the map. The mongol invasion sacked what few remaining cities the Kwarezm's had left and then went on to crush the poor Ghazni, who untill then had been left alone by the rest of the world. But the Mongol victory will be short lived, since they are now being overrun by the relentless stack spam of the Seljuks.
    I guess my biggest surprice has been the survival of Oman, who have managed to build quite a large empire for themselves. Unfortunatly for them they couldn't resist blockading my ports, so now they can expect an invasion of pink elephants in the near future
    Last edited by Dramun; July 14, 2009 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramun View Post
    (not counting the stack of elephants I used to sack Jeruzalem )
    lolwut?

Quote Originally Posted by Dramun View Post

so now they can expect an invasion of pink elephants in the near future
    Pink elephants ey ?
    Sig made by me, content from Broken Crescent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tintin2 View Post
    Pink elephants ey ?

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

edited?

anyway has anyone gotten to year 1400 when the game ends?
    Last edited by Emperor of The Great Unknown; July 14, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Another Kingdom of Jerusalem empire i'm afraid. In my defense i usually play Ghazni or Georgia but i'd thought i try a more challenging faction.

Current diplomatic status:

Allies: Kingdom of Armenia, Kingdom of Georgia, Kingdom of Makuria
    Enemies: Ayyubid Caliphate (Who are allied with the Sejuks).

The picture shows the army of Jerusalem. As you can see it's almost entirely consisted of Templar and Hospitallar forces. The reason being the original army was destroyed taking Homs 3 years earlier.

Of shot there's a small army besieging Edessa under Prince Guy, who may face an 'accident' at some point as he's not the best faction heir I've ever seen. Once i get Edessa i'm digging in and converting it to a castle to await the Seljuk attacks.

A more detailed veiw of the area:

Not sure where to go from here:

Expand towards the Nile Delta is tempting but i'm seriously doubting my ability to reach there with my current forces, plus i'm hoping for for the Makurians to assault the Ayyubids from the south in the near future.

Try and take Cyprus from the Romans, their already on the back foot at the moment as they lost allot of lands to the Georgians recently. Meaning they no longer encircle the Sultanate of Rum and are suffering for it. On the downside they are my primary trade partner at the moment.

Or try and expand into the Mesopotamia area. Problem is that area is a hotbed at the moment with the Abbasids and the Sejuks waging what looks like a huge war across most of the area. Not sure if i'm in the same league as them yet.
    Last edited by Their Law; July 14, 2009 at 05:28 PM.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Bide your time Brother-Knight. Concentrate on Salah Ad-Din and his men. Jerusalem must be secured first. His Holiness the Pope would be most displeased if the Holy of Holies were lost to the infidel again.

God wills it.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    Bide your time Brother-Knight. Concentrate on Salah Ad-Din and his men. Jerusalem must be secured first. His Holiness the Pope would be most displeased if the Holy of Holies were lost to the infidel again.

God wills it.
    It's been besieged fours times in as many turns. The Jerusalem Guard though valiant now number only 50 men. So i think i'll try and capture Gaza and Aqaba to try and divide the Ayyubid lands. Gaza has got a full stack there though so i'm going to have to starve it out unless i want to decimate my only fighting force.

On an interesting note it is not the Templars but the Hospitallars which are holding my kingdom together. They provide a excellent defense force for Jerusalem and Antioch as they have chapter houses there. Plus they're a quick and powerful levy if i need a quick relief force for a city, the Templars are only currently recruitable in Acre and Kerak so they're too rare to be of use to Jerusalem yet, though i am sure that will change.
    Last edited by Their Law; July 14, 2009 at 07:16 PM.