Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your empires

Civis

Default Re: Show your empires

The Ghaznavid Empire in 578 HS / 1200 AD.

I am allied with Oman, the Pink Rajputs and the Ghorids (oops). After conquering Herat as the last of the surrounding minor dynasties, I prepared for an expedition into India, preferably Sindh. The darker green represents the extent of my reign at this time. (My ally, the Ghorids, incidentally lost their capital Kabul to a rebellion, and I managed to conquer the city before they could return. )

Before I had gathered my armies, though, the Khwarezmian Shah came from Balkh and laid siege to Firuzkuh. He was promptly driven back, and I changed my plans and fought back. One army, after relieving Firuzkuh, marched on Balkh, conquered the city and crushed the major part of the Khwarezmian army. Another general set out from Herat and crossed the desert to the cities of Tus, Mashhad and Merv. The Shah of Khwarezm is currently in the besieged city of Birjand (and I'll get 5000 dinar from his son for the Shah's eventual death ). The lighter green areas in the map are the newly acquired Khwarezmian provinces.

After the Khwarezmians are no threat anymore, India _needs_ immediate and undiminished attention.
    Last edited by Aradius; July 08, 2009 at 01:09 PM.
    Therefore I have sailed the seas and come
    To the holy city of Byzantium. - W.B. Yeats

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Playing as KoJ and I think im doing pretty good. About 40 turns ago we had this huge war, which I like to call "The Battle of The two Alliances". It was Kypchak, Turks, Seljuks and the Abbassid vs KoJ, ERE, Georgia and Armenia. Georgia got sandwiched and raped. Armenia was doing pretty good in the beginning, but them Turks kept sending stack after stack, and they lost about 3-4 regions. The fact that the Turks are still alive is pretty amazing. I mean these guys were fighting a multifront war...they got ERE to the west(pretty powerful now, and they managed to take 2 regions from them earlier), Armenia and me to the east and Georgia(before they died). However, they seem to be exhausted now...which I will use to my fullest advantage. Abbassids got backstabbed by the Great Seljuks, which I think caught them by complete surprise. They got pwn3d. Also the Makurians are very passive...I took of two their cities, but they refuse to fight back :/....and they have like...4 full stacks near their border.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"The Mongolians are coming, the Mongolians are coming!"

My king

passive makurians

the almighty roman empire....err what remains of it. they also have like 5 full stacks chilling in cyprus :/
    Last edited by Douchebag; July 08, 2009 at 02:13 PM.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

dang i remeber in 1.05 version the nation that owned Dehli was so passive now they own.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Cochus1 View Post
    My campaing in the year 1242 (VH/VH). The ayyubies has been destroyed and soon the Makurian will be destroyed too

Deux Vult!!!!!

where's the Mongols???

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

See the little star in one of the kwha... persian provinces? There are the mongols. Apparently they havent done much
    "Worüber man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen."
    -Wittgenstein

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Zombimode View Post
    See the little star in one of the kwha... persian provinces? There are the mongols. Apparently they havent done much
    so the mongols still roaming Samarkand and Bukhwara?

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

ERE 1220

Last edited by YMIL; July 09, 2009 at 02:13 PM.

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

Many years have past since my first post and many things happened. Empires rose and fall.

The king of Jerusalem paid the Makurians 20.000 dinaris for their help against the Ayybuids. They conquered Aswan and killed many o their soldiers, but made a quick peace after that to keep their new province save. The knights of Jerusalem saw that they overestimated the makurian anger and hate against the muslims. After a long struggle the crusader troops were able to secure their southern borders by conquering Gaza and Aqaba. They still faced the profesional Ayyubid armys from Egypt and large hordes of Beduins and fierce fanatics from the arabian peninsula. But they couldent compensate the loss of their important stronghold of Gaza.
    The soldiers of Jerusalem were tired of fighting. Thousands died in the name of Christ and the King of Jerusalem. Many provinces were captured, but they needed to be governed, the infrastructure in the kingdom was far behind from its time. Money and manpower was swallowed by the war. After emotional negotiations our best diplomats could convince the Sultan that piece would also be better for his Empire. Finally he acepted but still refused to trade with the infidels, his anger about the lost regions was to big.
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem is now a constant and secure catholic foothold in the east. It is allied to the Seljuks, the by far strongest muslim nation. The deal is easy, the crusaders wont touch the muslims north off Aleppo and in exchange the seljuk Sultan will keep the fanatics and jihadist in is country under control and wins an ally against the unworthy rulers of Mecca.

On the map you can see my empire now, the Ayyubids lost all their northern provinces and are only a shadow of their former power.

I was playing a quiet game, fixing my economy and suddenly out of nowhere massive Makurian armys stormed out of the desserts, looking for greener and richer land for their herds.

They completly cought the allready weakend Ayyubis ofguard and steamrolled Luxor, conquered Qahira after some tough battles and are at the gates of Alexandria now! I know i complained about them being passive.....

Some stories from the other end of the world. Ghorid conquered Ghazni and the chauhans put the Solankis down to one province. BUT they celebrated to early, from the afghan mountains neverending hordes of bloodthirsty Jihadis raided their way into India and look whos back again

ERE and Seljuks are currently rapeing the Kypchaks in the north, hopefully they will turn against each other after this and i will see a truly huge war.
    oh and the mongols invaded but without a big impact until now.
    Last edited by Dr. Jones; July 09, 2009 at 04:03 PM.

1st time i have seen ayyubids totaly owned by nubians.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Just as a remark. The AI in BC is not passive, it is just waiting for opportunities. If there is an obvious weakness it will utilize it like no other AI out there.
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

still even so it's amazing.
    cant read?

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by GrandViZ View Post
    Just as a remark. The AI in BC is not passive, it is just waiting for opportunities. If there is an obvious weakness it will utilize it like no other AI out there.
    Jop, the Makurians convinced me
    Another thing I noticed: The AI makes Vasalls rather than destroying an enemy. Awesome!

For example in my game Abassids, Armenians and Georgians are still alive, allthough they are technically defeated. Maybe thye will rise againIt is much better than having them out of the game forever.

the poor turkish sultanate they didn't get a vassalation offer now did they.
    cant read?

Civis

Map-wise, the blue-in-blue of Jerusalem and the Seljuks is a bit unfortunate. Nice game, though.
    Therefore I have sailed the seas and come
    To the holy city of Byzantium. - W.B. Yeats

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jones View Post
    Jop, the Makurians convinced me
    Another thing I noticed: The AI makes Vasalls rather than destroying an enemy. Awesome!

For example in my game Abassids, Armenians and Georgians are still alive, allthough they are technically defeated. Maybe thye will rise againIt is much better than having them out of the game forever.
    I've noticed this as well. I think thats well cool

I will post my ghaznavid empire tomorrow, just won a battle with 866 so-so units against the army that protects Herat, over 2200 medium units, thanks to only a super general(I made thet general named Ghaznavi(don't remember his first name) superman) and a unit of eles.
    I am funding the Turks' war against ERE, because the stupid diplomacy wanted it so that the winning turks with big financial problems accepted a ceasefire, allowing the rich ERE to build up and get stronger, the tide might turn, the ERE started messing with the kypchaks, who are allied with the turks and just united the steppe. That's the only war yet, I am trading with almost everyone, have an alliance network with nearly complete inter-alliances, seriously. I love the diplomacy system.
    Last edited by Lupu; July 09, 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

holy crap, i have never seen ERE expand up to the north like that.

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Aradius View Post
    Map-wise, the blue-in-blue of Jerusalem and the Seljuks is a bit unfortunate. Nice game, though.
    Yeah, this is something that bothered me since the first release.

I will put it on the todo list.
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Maybe make KoJ gold with white borders?

Hm...

**Retired**

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    Maybe make KoJ gold with white borders?

Hm...
    Gold ha? that's how that would start, pretty soon the whole BC would be covered in gold ornaments and blue carpets.

Never you pesky Persians