Page 1 of 35 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your empires

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

Default Show your empires

Since there is no topic like this at the moment im going to start it.
    Im playing with Koj right now and it is just epic. The Ayyubids are extremly challenging but with the power of christ my soldiers can overcome their endless waves of soldiers. They became one of the major players in my game, next to the Seljuks.
    They conquered Aswan in the south, occupied Jemen in the East and go up to Van in the North. I was able to conquer Homs, Hama, Allepo and Damascus after some truly huge battles. Especially the siege of Damascus was just epic, the first attempt failed because of the superior Ayyubid troops, although I attacked with two armys! But with a second try my armys were able to storm the city and now the banner of Jerusalem is waving over the Minarets. The whole south of my Kingdom is on fire. Muslim soldiers from all of the Ayyubid Empire are coming for my cities. From Iraq to Ethiopia the Sultan is pulling his soldiers to castles and towns of the infidels. The Seljuk have raided the Ayyubid castle Mosul receently. This will weak them hopefully and maybe i can get my Makurian allys to join my fight against the heathens.
    The bad guy in my game is the ERE at first they subdued their christian brothers(Armenia) with the help of the Turks and now they are turning against them and conquer Anatolia. They even landed an Invasion force in Antioch via ships! They conquered the town and gave my economy a serious blow but i was able to regain it and i am now at peace with them, but who knows what the future brings...

As you can see i had to give up Aqaba, it was to expensive to defend it so i retreated to Kerak.

Sad but true: I cant defead the army near Damascus. It consists of elite units only and my troops in the region are weakend from the countless battles. I have to wait till the lay siege, maybe i can destroy them at the walls.

The north of my empire.

In this region started the whole conflict. I was able to win all three epic battles but my best general, Balian of Ibelin died in one of the bloody encounters.

It is just great, it feels so realistic. The AI, the AOR and the new battle system is just great. Really good job! I have two other campaigns Oman and Ghorid but i had to stop both because of ctd. I hope this wont happen with Jerusalem but i think so So if the last bugs are terminated this game will be unstoppable.

PS: I changed the thread name.
    Last edited by Dr. Jones; July 07, 2009 at 02:36 PM.

**Retired**

Default Re: How is your campaign going in 2.0?

Jones, nice summary.

If you haven't already, can you post about the CTDs you had with oman and ghorid in bug thread and append the save game to it.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jones View Post
    Since there is no topic like this at the moment im going to start it.
    Im playing with Koj right now and it is just epic. The Ayyubids are extremly challenging but with the power of Christ my soldiers can overcome their endless waves of soldiers. They became one of the major players in my game, next to the Seljuks.
    They conquered Aswan in the south, occupied Jemen in the East and go up to Van in the North. I was able to conquer Homs, Hama, Allepo and Damascus after some truly huge battles. Especially the siege of Damascus was just epic, the first attempt failed because of the superior Ayyubid troops, although I attacked with two armys! But with a second try my armys were able to storm the city and now the banner of Jerusalem is waving over the Minarets. The whole south of my Kingdom is on fire. Muslim soldiers from all of the Ayyubid Empire are coming for my cities. From Iraq to Ethiopia the Sultan is pulling his soldiers to castles and towns of the infidels. The Seljuk have raided the Ayyubid castle Mosul receently. This will weak them hopefully and maybe i can get my Makurian allys to join my fight against the heathens.
    The bad guy in my game is the ERE at first they subdued their christian brothers(Armenia) with the help of the Turks and now they are turning against them and conquer Anatolia. They even landed an Invasion force in Antioch via ships! They conquered the town and gave my economy a serious blow but i was able to regain it and i am now at peace with them, but who knows what the future brings...

It is just great, it feels so realistic. The AI, the AOR and the new battle system is just great. Really good job! I have two other campaigns Oman and Ghorid but i had to stop both because of ctd. I hope this wont happen with Jerusalem but i think so So if the last bugs are terminated this game will be unstoppable.

Pics will follow soon.
    YES! DUS LU VAULT!!!!!!!! By the holy sepulcher and the holy chalice of or lord the Christ, we shall conquer in the most highs name! I to HAD a good KOJ campaign where I used the one starting stack led by my young king to blitz all the way to the ayyubid cappital. I wiped them out after a while, facing army after army, the battle between salidin and my king was epic, as was the seige of their capital, in which I was outnumbered two to one and yet still won. unfortunatly, my saved data was corrupted. go figure, now I am being Georgain ghasvid and sindha, I am turtling on all of them after taking couple rebel settlements.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

**Retired**

Please dont hijack his thread. Deleted all tech related questions.

Enjoying my Ottoman game, so far. The damn Georgians just won't stop coming. I have a good portion of Anatolia but I still can't support more than one stack of troops + minimal garrisons... However the Georgians took a nice bite out of the Kypchaks and have 5+ full stacks minus what I've already killed... I've been killing about 2000-4000 of their men each turn for the past 5 or 6 turns, and it's starting to get a bit tedious...

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

I posted this elsewhere so i thought i'd post this again here

in mine, the Chauhans rolled up the Ghorids and Solankis (now a vassal to them) and now (as the Ghaznivids) i hold back the Hindu tide on the Durand Line.We ended up going to war as they probably got sick of me trying to assassinate their family members. The Sindhis seem to be going strong though. As our the Omanis who have claimed at least 5 provinces in Persia. The Georgians took out Armenia and whole chunk of the Seljuks.

The Khwarezms were going well, then the Mongols arrived. Kind of a deal braker for the Shah. The Mongols quickly settled down in Samarkhand after taking it and moved swiftly west. This was good for me as the Kwarezms just attacked me with 2 full stacks. Bukhara, Merv (and the other one near the Caspian) fell quickly. They were driven south and were soon extinguised. The last boastful Khwarezm Shah's body was found by a Ghaznivid patrol on the banks of the Amu Darya. His hair tousled, he hadnt eaten for weeks. He was an enemy, but a sad end no doubt. It is not befitting for a King to kill another King.

The mongols then moved on the Seljuks. They in reply called a Jihad on the recently lost Merv. This call was answered by the Ayubbids, Sindhis, Abbassids and Seljuks. After a struggle, the Ayyubids manage to take the city. This hasnt stopped the Mongols driving west (as long as they dont drive south east ). But they face the combined might of Islam (might join in and have a go at the Mongols myself, but Chagatai Khan is like this much away from my northern city, and i dont know about you, having Chagatai Khan near my city kinda freaks me out enough to STFU.)

In the west, the Romans have almost completely wiped out the Turks. Most of Asia Minor is theirs. The Crusading states are no more. Ironically destroyed by marauding Romans rather than muslims (perhaps revenge for an earlier sack of Constantinople). The Ayyubids then moved in to claim the Holy Land. But the Romans are strong and have a decent Alliance with the Georgians. The Abbasids are squashed between the retreating Seljuks who bring tales of horror about the Mongol hordes and the moderately powerful Omanis and Ayyubids.

And now to raid India and bring back some punjabi honeyz....
    I have recently used a tactic which is perhaps a little "gamey". The Chauhans are beginning to bother me with some heavy duty stacks (they have pretty angry looking elephants too) so i made some smash and grab raids on their mostly lightly defended cities on my border and sold them to the Sindhis (with military access for me). The Sindhis and Chauhans seem to be BFF so i made a buffer zone that i can raid in and out of.

And let me tell you, there are riches in India you cant possibly comprehend! And the women! Ah the women!

I might try to declare a jihad on the Byzzies/Romans specifically Constantinople (if i can as soon as i get a decent Imam) just for lulz and see how far i can get. Might take some elephants with me to scare the bejesus out of them.
    Last edited by Heinz Guderian; July 07, 2009 at 01:10 PM.

Could this be somewhere were we post our Empires. I started as Oman, and from there moved onto the other land,Turbat, Hormuz, Sur and the place in Arabia to the West. I quickly fell in debt i didnt get many units though .

I send a expedition force the one that took Hormuz to take Calcula. As soon as i took it and sacked it i got out of debt and made money. I builds ports and the rest.

In all my other lands i started building ports, roads and Indian Ocean Sea Trades in some aswell as merchant buildings and Brothels. Im pumping out merchants to take the 2 silk near Hormuz. The gold near Turbat. And i want to get some ivory guys in Calcula as that must cost a FORTUNE. Currently in the North im just building up economy and naval force in Arabia while in the South, Calcula im currently on the edge. I sent a portion of the army away to take that other island but since then my Calcula port got blocakeded and public order is low i must immeadeatly return troops back there

I reccomend Calcula for any Oman players, merchants bring in loads as does trade.

BTW i dont intend on taking those hardy rebel stacks as from now on any cities i want to take require a strong army i was thinking first blocakding, sindh and the rajputs and after sending in troops
    Last edited by Nakharar; July 07, 2009 at 01:32 PM.

Default Re: Show your empires

I'm currently playing as ERE on VH/VH. The campaign is difficult but damn fun. Right now I'm trying to decide my next move. The Turks have been wiped out, the Kypchak's are pushin my Nothern border and the Ayyubid's are getting too large for comfort. I'm Currently allied with Georgia and Armenia. KoJ still has 2 regions left but they're not convinced that alliance with the Romans is a good idea.

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

I really enjoyed the reading so far. It is really satisfying to know, that besides all those bugs, you guys enjoy your game!

+REP for you all!
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

My campaing in the year 1242 (VH/VH). The ayyubies has been destroyed and soon the Makurian will be destroyed too

Deux Vult!!!!!

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

good lord - georgia is really strong in your campaign.
    BTW - what is that little star. who is wandering around there?

Baron Thunder-ten-tronckh's Avatar Senator

88Grin, I have mild curiosity - did you photoshop the lines of the provinces out to make the empires look smoother? If not, where did you grab that map for some nice and smooth looking campaign map? I like the series of images, and look at the uber factions!
    nos ignoremus quid sit matura senectus, scire aevi meritum, non numerare decet

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

just change the secondary color of the nations to the exact same as the primary color look in descr_sm_factions for this.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

any idea why i cant see that file, or any of them, in my main folder, even though wen i type it into search it comes up under that directory? i have vista64

Quote Originally Posted by DogeCristoforo View Post
    88Grin, I have mild curiosity - did you photoshop the lines of the provinces out to make the empires look smoother? If not, where did you grab that map for some nice and smooth looking campaign map? I like the series of images, and look at the uber factions!

The only photoshop edit was compiling the map screens together and adding the dates. The color editing was done in the bc text files. I changed the secondary faction color to match the primary, that way the borders dont show up. I also had to tweak most of the nations colours so they stand out, like Georgians are slightly pink instead of white.

Here is how you can do it yourself.
    Go to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\broken_crescent\data and look for descr_sm_factions.txt

Now each faction will have something like this:

primary_colour red 200, green 40, blue 40
    secondary_colour red 200, green 40, blue 40

(That's the color I'm using for ERE by the way)

To make the borders 'invisible', make sure the color values are identical like I have in the example above.
    Now just save the file and you're done. It's also 100% save game compatabe so you can change it all you like without having to start over.

Note color value range is 0-255 where r255, g255, b255 is white and r0, g0, b0 is black.

I'd upload you my file but you know, teach a man to fish..

Edit -

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of The Great Unknown View Post
    just change the secondary color of the nations to the exact same as the primary color look in descr_sm_factions for this.
    I really should read the rest of thread before replying, especially after reading your singature.
    Last edited by 88Grin; July 07, 2009 at 11:28 PM.

Uandwhosearmy's Avatar Miles

I switched from playing a KoJ campaign to an ERE campaign on H/VH. This is my empire so far:

In 1174 Emperor Manuel of the Romans gathered his forces in the west and captured Dorylaeum, quickly moving onward towards Amorium which the Council of nobles had agreed was a necessary strategic target. The Turks were quicker though and seized the town with a large imperial force watching in the distance. Meanwhile, the provincial governor of Trebizond sent out a force to subdue Sinop whose defenders fell bravely after attacking the besieging roman force.

The Emperor judged the situation carefully before sending out his son and heir, Prince Alexis on a mission to capture the city of Amasia just south of Sinop. With him came most of the western roman army previously under the command of the emperor and they moved quickly to the shores of Sinop, carried over the waters by a small roman fleet. Emperor Manuel had started feeling his age and withdrew to the city of Constantinople to rule the growing empire from within more comfortable surroundings.

Amasia fell after a quick and decisive battle and Prince Alexius proceeded to personally oversee the construction of border forts and watchtowers to the south of the city. During his travels he and his accompanying force of cavalry were surprised by a large turkish army whose screening elements of horse archers decimated the roman cavalry before they could retreat to safety behind the city walls. The prince realised with growing fear that his army was nowhere near capable of repelling such a large force if they decided to assault the city and quickly sent out messengers to Sinop and Trebizond pleading for assistance. What little assistance could be offered arrived just in time for the turkish assault on the city. The prince knew the relief force was not nearly large or strong enough to turn the tide of battle that day, and he said his prayers before defending the city valiantly together with his men who battled on until the last man.

The news of his heir's death and the loss of Amasia infuriated the emperor, and sick with grief he sent out a hastily raised force from the capitol and the neighbouring provinces to punish the turks for their cowardly act of war. The roman forces on Cyprus were ordered to join the army in Anatolia and supplied the otherwise weak force with much needed heavy cavalry and capable swordsmen. Amorium was first to fall to overwhelming odds and the army quickly marched on under the capable leadership of General Ioannes Ducas. The army surrounded the city of Konya and prepared for the inevitable turkish counterattack. It came as expected, from two sides.

The battle was fierce, but thanks to General Ducas wisdom a force of horse archers and javelin cavalry was sent out to delay the sallying garrison of Konya, a strong force of heavy cavalry and spearmen, coming in from the east. While the turkish force was harassed by javelins and arrows, the other army, mostly consisting of light cavalry and light infantry, impatiently moved towards the roman main force. The cypriote heavy cavalry and roman archers dealt with them easily, and by the time the delayed main turkish force came within attacking distance of the roman army the battle had turned in the romans favor. Three turkish generals died on that day. Vengeance was sweet!

General Ducas was adopted into the imperial family for his undoubted ability and loyalty and moved with a portion of the main army to seize the castle of Ankara.

As you can see I'm having a great time, and it seems as if the Turks have been dealt a crippling blow, although they still have very strong garrisons in Heraclea and Amasia. The battles in particular have been very entertaining and even challenging which I must say is rare. Great job on the mod!
    Last edited by Uandwhosearmy; July 08, 2009 at 06:07 AM.

+rep very nice read

Negus David of Makuria is sailing to Socotro (sp?) and when that falls, our armies will march on the Ayyubids - one army is mustering to attack Egypt, and another will cross the Red Sea and attempt to take Mecca etc

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

everytime i press PRNT SCRN and paste into Paint, it just shows a black screen.

I cant seem to capture screenies anymore (its a new lappie) and i feel like a nub.

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    everytime i press PRNT SCRN and paste into Paint, it just shows a black screen.

I cant seem to capture screenies anymore (its a new lappie) and i feel like a nub.
    yeah - i have thi sproblem too since a few days.
    the last ime i used it worked fine but now just
    a black screen - now i use Fraps which is good
    too. but the M2TW .tga were totally okay.

by the way - check this directory:

".\..\Mediewal II - Total War\capture_tga"

there are all screenshots saved in .tga format.
    but this is not working for me anymore.

anybody got a solution to that?
    Last edited by jản; July 08, 2009 at 12:17 PM.

Page 1 of 35 123456789101126 ... LastLast