Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New units previews

Default Re: New units previews

excellent job so far. I'll be playing this a lot when released.

Seljuks Vs Makuria

Azap Javelins Vs Makuria Spearmen
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Is it even THEORETICALLY possible for someone to NOT use elements of Rusichi:TW in his mod? Just curiocity really.

well my answer is if you dont like, if you've a issue, than dont play our mod!

cheers
    Last edited by Ataegina; July 21, 2009 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    Is it even THEORETICALLY possible for someone to NOT use elements of Rusichi:TW in his mod? Just curiocity really.
    Why not to use something which is so good?
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

Quote Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
    Why not to use something which is so good?
    Well, Lenin once said that freedom is precious, so precious that must be rationed. Or something like that, dont remember it exactly but you get my point.

lenin and freedom....... well we like more churchill, and other figures of our history wich dont put barriers and praise true freedom, can you imagine england fighting germany without US material ? well i made my point.

i hope in near future the upcomming posts are constructive even if its negative or positive, if is just bashing or flamming well i guess moderators i'll had some some work to do.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    lenin and freedom....... well we like more churchill, and other figures of our history wich dont put barriers and praise true freedom, can you imagine england fighting germany without US material ? well i made my point.

i hope in near future the upcomming posts are constructive even if its negative or positive, if is just bashing or flamming well i guess moderators i'll had some some work to do.

cheers
    Oh did u really want me to elaborate why on earth i dont want to see in every mod the same Rusichi models? Shut up im gonna play FA either way, there arent many mods that give you the chance between 30 diverse fractions. What really bothers me, and makes me dislike a mod is how you see in many mods, intergrating (is that the correct word?) Rusichi models, while the rest of the factions keep some (usually retextured) vanilla units. So i'm thinking, if someone wants to use Rusichi, or Broken Crescent or some other high quality skins/units, he might as well make every unit in his mod up to this quality, having those units fight the low quality vanilla units, it gives a Who Framed Roger Rabbit feeling to it. And secondly, it destroys the uniqueness of the original mod. Same example is BC. BC units can only be found in BC, which means you have to download the mod, you have to get the whole package. Now if you have the same units in another mod what happens? Broken Crescent is no longer a totally unique modpack that offers you so much, because different mods give you a part of what BC gives you. Of course there are unit projects, such as the Byzantine and the Bulgarian, that are made solemnly (sp?) for the purpose of lending units to mods, no problem with that. Thats another story. In a few words, Rusichi units create a lack of homogeny in a mod. Unless of course someone sits his ass down for years and make 200 units up to the same quality. But again, different story.

well now thats a good post

i understand what you mean, that could be acomplished if we've a large team or few moddelers and skinner very active, wich isnt the case here, would be nice making all new but we dont have the resources for that at the moment, and this says everything. Well its more easy make a single faction than make 18-20 new factions, but for another side its hard to make 30 different rosters since mtw2 engine had pretty limited hardcoded limits, wich don't give us many changes of go so far as we wished to go

but we dont simply use only models from rusichi, we made our own stuff too, but we're trying bring a beta and than with less pressure and more avaliable time we improve each faction to another level of uniqueness. so give us a try and we in meantime i'll improve it, remenber rome wasn't built in a single day

Icon7 Re: New units previews

This is great guys,I am very excited I remember when this project started two years ago and two monts ago,I thought everything is gone forever But this is a living proof,you are going to finish this magnificent project. Units are beautiful,keep up the good work

2 years is a long time, but we've survived and improved

we dont post much in public its a fact but we prefer work quietly to deliver more faster to the public, work more chat less

we appreciate all the support, from old to new supporters and we appreciate all the posts, suggestions and discussions, because theres always a new idea wich come from you and wich have escaped from us developers of FA.

cheers

Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post

hahaha - great point!!

Uh… hey guys, you are using my shield textures on that Seljuk unit. Now I don't mind, but you could have asked. More importantly, if you're going to use them, I'd really like some nice turbans for my DotS units.

PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

you should ask if they're before you say they're yours, but short answer is no, they're not your shield textures.

they're from chivalry tw (rtw) with authorization, so no need to PM !

cheers
    Last edited by Ataegina; August 29, 2009 at 10:05 AM.

Okay, sorry. It just looked like they were made from these:

But now that I look carefully, I see that you are right. I really didn't mean to come off accusatory; I was just surprised and evidently mistaken.

In truth I’m disappointed that they aren’t mine, because I was hoping to trade resources with you guys, but I instead just made an ass of myself.

Well it used to be that everyone used elements of vanilla, don't you prefer that they use Rusichi instead? I know what you mena about the the incongruity of it when mixed with vanilla, but I take it that you are not a modder. If you realized just how much time it takes to create something original you would know why everyone builds of each other’s work. If we didn’t then it would take three or four years to create a complete conversion mod. Using Rusichi stuff, is just choosing some of the best work to build off of. If you look at the Rusichi models closely you will see that even they used Vanilla. For example, their Gridni unit is built from the Byzantine heavy infantry model and uses some of the original textures. They also used Argent Usher's horses for some of their stuff. Everybody uses AU's horses for the same reason everyone uses Rusichi stuff.
    Last edited by sumskilz; August 29, 2009 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Well it used to be that everyone used elements of vanilla, don't you prefer that they use Rusichi instead?
    I dont mind being elements from Rusichi, yet i do mind (as you understand and mention) when the different between the mods is enough to spoil your day. Same reason i didnt add CBUR to my SS. Byzantine Empire having the only diverse high quality roster when the rest are reskinned vanillas? Thats a no no. You want to use something from Rusichi? Spread it all over your mod. Use their faces for every unit, that way it merges. BUT, if i add the Rusichi units to SS or DLV, same way alot of people intergrated them, well....you got the idea.

Besides, there are other mods out there. Yet we dont see many mods sharing other elements, yet every mod has a small to big part of Rusichi. Turns a bit towards fanboyism. Rus2 TW have rosters for the entire eastern world, i dont see anyone asking for them, and i played the beta of it, i know what kind of atmosphere Rus2 has.

Third point is that those Rusichi skins are just too heavy for my PC, not that it matters, i have generally low graphic settings.

but I take it that you are not a modder. If you realized just how much time it takes to create something original you would know why everyone builds of each other’s work.
    I'm not a modder, yet i know what's like to start from scratch, and i know its possible. Of course, everybody accepts or even asks for some assistance.

If we didn’t then it would take three or four years to create a complete conversion mod.
    It actually does take you to 3-4 years to create a complete conversion mod.

Using Rusichi stuff, is just choosing some of the best work to build off of
    No, Rusichi gives you the chance to work with some of the most detailed piece of work, yet no one thought that simplicity is just fine. Doesnt need too much to be perfect.

Besides that, i didnt play Rusichi at all, just tried it a little bit, for the same reason. Rusichi are three Russian factions, and some factions around them. The rest are pretty much vanilla, so yeah, not really a change, not interested in playing a russian faction, so thats pretty much all of it.

no problem mate, yes they look similar so i understand your point

also i didn't know you've make skins , i'm kinda busy lately to check out what is new over twc, plus if i knowed i'm sure you would get a pm from me!

Well it used to be that everyone used elements of vanilla, don't you prefer that they use Rusichi instead? I know what you mena about the the incongruity of it when mixed with vanilla, but I take it that you are not a modder. If you realized just how much time it takes to create something original you would know why everyone builds of each other’s work. If we didn’t then it would take three or four years to create a complete conversion mod. Using Rusichi stuff, is just choosing some of the best work to build off of. If you look at the Rusichi models closely you will see that even they used Vanilla. For example, their Gridni unit is built from the Byzantine heavy infantry model and uses some of the original textures. They also used Argent Usher's horses for some of their stuff. Everybody uses AU's horses for the same reason everyone uses Rusichi stuff.
    good point

please keep on topic our i may use the moderator wip, suggestions, ideas are welcome, meanwhile rusichi yey rusichi ney well theres a mtw2 discussion section or even rusichi sub forum

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Modding comunity (and it's progress)depends on shearing ideas,materials etc...
    If some guys that achived so many things didn't want to shear mods would still be imposible to complete...
    Creating a body model from scratch tha same time that the finall result would be the same as one that would be ready looks like that we want to re discover America..
    All of us that have been honored to be trusted by many original creators to use their work we are proud of it...
    The diferend essence each modding team gives to it's units,maps,script etc makes the finall result original...
    Other wise would sould have only one mod per era in entire twc...

Go FA team ...we are waiting to take the chalenge the mod will provide!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12